Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

One thing regarding Alex that will be a warning to other potential teams that may sign him.  If Washington thought they could proceed with Alex; wouldn't they? If Washington though Alex could be the short term starter at least, while grooming a long term starter; wouldn't they want to keep him? 2020 did show for whatever reason, the Team played better with him in the lineup.  So, if Washington is moving on from Alex; that should be a red flag any team that signs him.

• Like 1

Raiders QBs

Caplan: “Derek Carr, the Raiders are not shopping him, I’m told. At all. Marcus Mariota is completely available, by the way. Multiple sources told me, including an NFL [general manager], that he’s absolutely available. He goes, ‘Listen, I’m telling ya, someone’s gonna get him, and I don’t know that he’s gonna come in and start, but he’s gonna be competing for a starting job elsewhere.’”

Sam Darnold

Caplan: “Sam Darnold is available, it’s just a matter of what does Joe Douglas want to do, their GM? Remember, Douglas inherited Darnold, he didn’t draft him, there’s no allegiance to the player. He did not have a good year, let’s call it like it is. I would say that the belief, for Jets fans listening, there’s very mixed reviews on Darnold. Probably more negative than positives based on this season. You love his grit and his toughness; he’s a gamer. But accuracy, processing, he’s just not a guy that a lot of people are in love with right now. I suspect, it would not surprise me in the least, if Darnold stays, if [the Jets] add another quarterback that may push Darnold.

"There’s gonna be some interest in him, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder with Sam Darnold.”

Mosher: “How do you compare Darnold to Wentz? It’s very difficult. Why would Wentz be the first domino to fall and not Darnold? My personal feeling is that, if you’re looking for the safe route – you would go Darnold because there’s some upside there, you might get him out of that Jets environment – if you’re a team like the Steelers or even the Colts – you might get what you’re supposed to get out of Sam Darnold. But, I still think Carson Wentz, if repaired correctly, has a higher upside.”

Russell Wilson

Caplan: "Russell Wilson, OK here’s the story; the Seahawks aren’t trading him. They’re not. Pretty strong sourcing on this one. Not this year, though.

"They do a structure completely different from the Eagles. They do a signing bonus and one-year fully guaranteed money. They do pay-as-you-go. They do the first year fully guaranteed because they’re not cutting the guy. So, they do what are called rolling guarantees, so what happened was, Russell Wilson’s base salary of $19 million became fully guaranteed five days after the Super Bowl. They’re not going to take on $39 million of dead money.

"I had a pretty good personnel source with another team who thinks that after the season it’s a little more palatable to move [Wilson]. Obviously, there'll be some dead money – $26 million after this season – but he goes, ‘You get that $19 million off, you’ll only have two years left.’ You also have a decision to make on Russell Wilson in 2022, the fifth day of free agency; he’s got a roster bonus due of $5 million.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

That's a good deal for Indy. Plenty of assets left for them to improve the rest of a good team. 

Basically, if they can rehab his game they're a title contender. 

Also, his head.  If Indy can rehab him; they are set for another decade.  If not, they didn't spend to much to get him.  Wonder, what bumps it to a first round pick in 22?  Superbowl? Playoffs? Starting all year?

2 hours ago, bowhunter said:

For those of us who have raised young children, it's when things get quiet that you should be anxious about.

You nailed it!  Things just took off from Philly.  

Marcus Mariota next?  To NE, Chicago or WFT?

4 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Technically he's not with his drafting team because he's.... you know...... not with his drafting team. 

Well his contract prior to retirement ran until the end of 2021 but we're splitting hairs.

4 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

DANG!  I didn't think Philly was going to get a potential future 1st like that.  They did well all things considered.  I think (unless an injury happens), Philly does well.

It's another trade that seems to be beneficial to both teams. I love peoples' reactions on both sides claiming one team or the other got "fleeced"

11 minutes ago, BC-Redskins said:

Is there a worry now that the eagles take a QB with there first round pick ??

I don't think so. I think they're going to nab either Pitts, Chase or Smith. They're probably going to give Hurts a year to see what he can do. 

But if someone falls then who knows?

26 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

More prediction stuff, this time from Field Yates and all the Fitzmagic fans.

I'd be totally fine with this if we can't land one of the top 4 QBs in the draft.  He'll be cheap, can win games, and is used to working without a commitment.  Nice compliment to Heinicke.

• Like 3