Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

5 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I'd be totally fine with this if we can't land one of the top 4 QBs in the draft.  He'll be cheap, can win games, and is used to working without a commitment.  Nice compliment to Heinicke.

Yeah for me with the cheapest options my top favs in order

1. Mariota

2. Winston

3. Fitzpatrick

I think if they get Fitzpatrick or Winston, get a tallish receiver with good skills as for contested catches because they both like to let it fly

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Good day for Wentz.

Good day for Indy.

Good day for the WFT to trade a 4th for Sam Darnold!!

Lets Goooooooo!

#fatboysafari

No to Darnold but throwing a 4th rounder in the trash not as bad as a throwing a 2nd rounder in the trash.   I like your other guy much better, Minshew. 😀

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Also, his head.  If Indy can rehab him; they are set for another decade.  If not, they didn't spend to much to get him.  Wonder, what bumps it to a first round pick in 22?  Superbowl? Playoffs? Starting all year?

If he starts 75% of the games or takes 70% of the snaps and the Colts make the playoffs then the 2022 second rounder bumps to a 1st round pick.....something like that. I could be off on the games vs snaps but that's about what the deal is.

• Like 1

Interesting.  Pauline's isn't some clown as for his sources.  No one is right though all the time.   This one seems wild to me.

Having said that around this same time last year, heard multiple draft geeks say Haskins isn't going to go as high as the media draft geeks think and he could fall.

If Fields falls, I'd trade up in a heartbeat. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Good day for Wentz.

Good day for Indy.

Good day for the WFT to trade a 4th for Sam Darnold!!

Lets Goooooooo!

#fatboysafari

Disagree....We have 2 QB's in house already that are better QB's than Sam Darnold. Keep the 4th and add to the roster.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

That's a good deal for Indy. Plenty of assets left for them to improve the rest of a good team. 

Basically, if they can rehab his game they're a title contender. 

If the issues are his attitude and ego then I can see this paying off for the Colts for a good couple of years until they do something to upset him.

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

That's a good deal for Indy. Plenty of assets left for them to improve the rest of a good team. 

Basically, if they can rehab his game they're a title contender. 

I think wentz will do well in indy.

- being re united with reich and a change of scenery, his confidence will be restored immediately.

- indy probably has the best young OL in the league (they need a LT to replace constanzo, but other spots are solid with young talent)

- good young defense to take pressure off him.  He doesn't need to outscore opponents in shoot outs, just be smart with the football.

- biggest difference, he is leaving the negative philly market for a less stressful indy one.  

Wentz was playing at an mvp level just a few years ago.  He has everything he needs to succeed.

I'm just bummed someone bailed Philly out of that contract.  I was hoping he would rot on the bench with that cap number and let Philly talk radio implode.

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

How bout a 4th for Mariota!  :)

I think we land mariota for a 5th.  And I will happily approve of the move.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Number 44 said:

Probably a leak from the Jets, hoping that they can somehow get Urban Meyer to overthink this and screw up.  LOL.

I always think the same thing.  Like with the fields is falling to mid round rumors, it's probably just a team picking outside the top 10 that wants to have teams second guessing themselves.

A mere 5 months ago, what were the odds that Zach wilson gets drafted ahead of trevor lawrence.  Dude came out of nowhere.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The wildcard though is so many QB needy teams in play, teams who need a Qb would decide they'd pass on him.

True. I think the chances of him sliding out of the top 10 are still low but I have severe doubts he goes right after Lawrence like many people had him going early in the year. 

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I can't believe the Eagles got bailed out of such a horrific asset.

I mean, they get a 2nd in 2022, and a 3rd this year. Not amazing value. Plus they are getting taken to the woodshed in dead cap: $33.8M.

I know they could potentially land a 1st in 2022, but with Wentz's injury history, I doubt he plays 75% of snaps next year.

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

I mean, they get a 2nd in 2022, and a 3rd this year. Not amazing value. Plus they are getting taken to the woodshed in dead cap: $33.8M.

I know they could potentially land a 1st in 2022, but with Wentz's injury history, I doubt he plays 75% of snaps next year.

Yeah the dead cap hit is crippling but I would have waited them out and tried to get Wentz for like a 5th or something.

4 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I know they could potentially land a 1st in 2022, but with Wentz's injury history, I doubt he plays 75% of snaps next year

The Wentz contract is an absolute steal and the contract alone is worth 2 first round picks if Wentz gets near his previous high levels of play. 

• Haha 1