Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #19

zCommander

If we are picking from the 2nd tier grouping of QBs versus the top it would be the story of Dan's Redskins ownership sans RG3.

Picking out of the next litter of QBs hasn't been hot for us:  Jason Campbell, Patrick Ramsey, Dwayne Haskins.

IMO we need to shoot higher than that.  The odds are much better Justin Fields will be a star for example than Mac Jones or Trask, etc. 

It's all about playing the odds. 

Just now, Skin'emAlive said:

Someone sell me on Fields, because I just don’t  see it. With Burrow, Tua, and Herbert I felt confident. Just as confident as I feel in Lawrence. But what is it about Fields that proves he’s even close to their league? 

Don't overthink it. Fields is a stud and is a better prospect than Burrow and Herbert. He's an extremely versatile QB that is mechanically sound and has excellent ball placement.

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

I'm ok with Brevin but I don't think we should go TE with our first three picks. I'd take him if he's there with the SF pick but Logan has looked ok this year and I don't think there are any real impact TE outside of Pitts. I remember Kmet and Trautman were supposed to be the most NFL ready guys and we've barely heard a peep out of either.  Same with the '19 draft. Fant and Irv Smith were the jewels and they've been average. I'd still rather keep Logan and take shots on guys like Fumagalli or Butt or even Jonnu Smith if the Titans let him walk than waste a high pick on another unknown. 

I was high on Jonnu at the beginning of the year but he has really slowed down the past 6 weeks (I have him in fantasy and am going to likely drop him). He is a good blocker, though. However, I worry someone is going to pay him Hooper type of money given his athletic profile and the flashes of elite TE play. Looking at the FA TEs, I don't want Ertz either.

Unlike others on this board, I trust Kyle to find hidden value in one of these FA options, whether it is a Hollister or O'Shaughnessy. I think a bigger need than a TE1 is finding a competent TE2 and TE3 as all the guys we have are JAGs who should not be in the league. 

You are correct, though, that TE has been one of the hardest positions to draft for and I can't think of another position where so many of the guys who get taken high end up busting or being average at best.

6 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

@Skinsinparadise Thing is, QB3 and 4 this year are not really 2nd tier caliber QBs.

To your point, the first tier this year really is a generational talent tier, which Wilson probably isn't a part of. I would place Lance on the same tier as Wilson if we had gotten to see him play the full year this year but I can't, especially given that Lance plays in the FCS. For me, it is more the following:

Generational Tier: Lawrence & Fields

1st Tier: Wilson

2nd Tier: Lance

13 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Don't overthink it. Fields is a stud and is a better prospect than Burrow and Herbert. He's an extremely versatile QB that is mechanically sound and has excellent ball placement.

Burrow put up 60 tds in the SEC, and won the championship. The big ten is not the same as the SEC. I find it difficult to get a good read ( enough so to claim he’s generational) when he plays for Ohio State. 

49 minutes ago, method man said:

was high on Jonnu at the beginning of the year but he has really slowed down the past 6 weeks (I have him in fantasy and am going to likely drop him). He is a good blocker, though. However, I worry someone is going to pay him Hooper type of money given his athletic profile and the flashes of elite TE play. Looking at the FA TEs, I don't want Ertz either.

I also said the sMe thing about the guy he relaced - Delanie Walker. I don’t think teams are going to overpay for TE anymore. Outside of Hooper, no one really broke the bank. I think It’s easier to thrive as a TE in college due to size versus second rate players to manipulate the draft board and convince teams there’s value. I’m still sort of high that Thad Moss can be a gem.

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

Why is that crazy?  Weve been talent starved for years, cant fix it in one offseason.  3 above average drafts have brought the floor up, and there is a clear picture that 3 key positions makes this team go into 2021 as a contender for the division.  QB, OT, MLB.  Additional pieces just makes the team better

Not surprising as in “I can’t believe it”, but crazy as in, just how bad we have been at building a team. 

I think Jonnu “disappointing” because they’re asking him to block a ton might make him a decent value if they don’t retain him. He’s talented as hell and has all the tools, it’s not really his fault they suffered some OL injuries and want to run the offense through Henry, with a side of Tannehill’s highly efficient connection to the outside WRs. He has been highly effective in the RZ when utilized that way, but again he plays on a team with Henry, AJ Brown, and the mobile Tannehill. If they let him walk and he’s healthy the rest of the season, you have to give him a serious look no matter how disappointing he’s been for fantasy type purposes. 

1 hour ago, JoggingGod said:

@Skinsinparadise Thing is, QB3 and 4 this year are not really 2nd tier caliber QBs.

I did not say they are.   I flat out listed examples of 2nd tier:  Trask and Jones.  I didn't say Wilson and Lance.    I think Wilson ends up going top 5.  Maybe Lance too. 

Though I got some doubts about Lance, the dude IMO is raw.  I've already delved hard into some of the QBs in this class.  I am not saying i am right but i've put in plenty of time already into a number of the QBs in this draft.  And, I am riding with my takes right now for better or worse.    😀

Personally, I think Lawrence and Fields scream NFL stars.  They both IMO got it all.  i am not exactly going out on a limb on that point.

I don't like Lance as much as the average draft geek but i am open minded on him because of his raw talent.

I think i like Zach Wilson more than the average draft geek. But apparently some here love him more than me considering they think its a real debate between him and Fields for the #2 QB in this draft.  The typical draft geek right now sees it a debate between Lawrence and Fields for the top spot.  To them its not between Wilson and Fields.  And I agree with them on that point.  

I think Wilson will make it in the NFL but i wouldn't be stunned if he is a bust albiet i'd be surprised.    There are some question marks about him as for his game translating to the NFL IMO.  I'd be shocked if Fields busts.  To me he is just as obvious a top prospect as Kyler Murray was coming out who i was equally enamored with.  Like Murray, Fields is putting up sick numbers and has sick level talent. 

i like Mac Jones, don't love him.  i can see him maybe being a top 10-15 type at his best in the NFL but I'd be surprised if he ends up a top 10 type QB.   To me he fits more in that Andy Dalton type category.  Dalton with better mobility and Jones with the stronger arm.  I got concerns about Trask.  In that 2nd tier, i am warming up to Ridder from Cincy.   

1 hour ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Someone sell me on Fields, because I just don’t  see it. With Burrow, Tua, and Herbert I felt confident. Just as confident as I feel in Lawrence. But what is it about Fields that proves he’s even close to their league? 

Arm strength

Accuracy all around the field

Sick mobility

Think of a bigger Kyler Murray. 

2 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

Is Fields Kyler Murray good in your opinion? I've seen very little of Fields.

10 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Man those tweets give some serious Luck and He Who Shall Not Be Named vibes.  Good times lol.

Yeah this draft feels very 2012.   I think Fields will turn out better than RG3 but we did get one magical year out of RG3.  That year was also deep at that spot.  This coming draft looks the same.   

Fields to me almost feels too good to be true.  So I am not expecting to have that kind of luck.  So am hoping for Wilson.  I am guessing they need to finish 3 or 4 for Wilson which I think is possible.  if Dallas for example finishes 3rd or Cincy or another team not in need for a QB, I think they will go Sewell so that would drop Wilson to #4.  I noticed some draft geeks see Wilson in the 10-20 range but I doubt it.  QBs tend to go high.   Some have Lance higher than Wilson but I'd go Wilson over Lance. 

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah this draft feels very 2012.   I think Fields will turn out better than RG3 but we did get one magical year out of RG3.  That year was also deep at that spot.  This coming draft looks the same.   

Fields to me almost feels too good to be true.  So I am not expecting to have that kind of luck.  So am hoping for Wilson.  I am guessing they need to finish 3 or 4 for Wilson which I think is possible.  if Dallas for example finishes 3rd or Cincy or another team not in need for a QB, I think they will go Sewell so that would drop Wilson to #4.  I noticed some draft geeks see Wilson in the 10-20 range but I doubt it.  QBs tend to go high.   Some have Lance higher than Wilson but I'd go Wilson over Lance. 

Yeah, Dallas and Cinci (if they are 3) are not passing on Sewell.  Smith could retire at LT for Dallas.  Come on Jay!  Coach up that offense to get a 2nd win!.

If we don’t have a good personnel guy helping Ron; then it won’t matter.

We aren’t getting a traditional gm under Dan.

I’d fire Kyle Smith right now. Get a personnel guy signed before free agency/ draft to help Ron.

2021 is the most critical offseason in the Rivera era. If we fail in 21; Ron will fail here.

3 minutes ago, Sellersfan said:

BPA at #4 could get you Parsons!

I’m gonna start doing what the non Ohio State QB guys are doing...

A non-edge LB from Penn State?! On this team?! Penn State doesn’t produce any good linebackers. Hard pass!

(I like Parsons. Not sure I like him at 4. But I like him.)

6 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I looked at the schedule, and seriously doubt NYJ or JAX win another this season. I don’t know how we would leap either at a shot for the two. Don’t feel like getting my hopes up here. 

Yes but think how awesome it was to beat Dallas our arch nemesis 60 years ago...woohooo!!!!!

Archived