Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #19

zCommander

Patrick Mahomes did not play this weekend. 

Ben Roethlisberger did not play this weekend.

because.... they had nothing to gain and nobody is arguing integrity of the game. 

The only reason this is a thing is because it's the Giants. 

Logan Ryan came out and said exactly what needed to be said, and he PLAYS FOR THE GIANTS

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/01/eagles-washington-nate-sudfeld-tanking-giants-logan-ryan

Here’s what Ryan had to say to NBC’s Peter King:

“Wish I could give you the explosive stuff you wanted,” Ryan said a few minutes before midnight. “There will be a lot of opinions about whether they were trying to win. You want to play the game to win, but I don’t play for the Eagles, I don’t coach for the Eagles. It’s their team. Winning six games doesn’t give us much right to get pissed off about this. We didn’t play consistent enough all year to earn it.”

Tanking is not a problem, it's a philosophy generated by fans.  If a team WANTS to lose on purpose to better their draft position they have every right to do so.  If their fans don't like it, stop rooting for the team.  If a team pulls their starter in a meaningless game for any reason, they have every right to do so.  And for the record, I DO NOT want my team to lose on purpose ever.  Resting starters and playing young players can be a part of development and evaluation. 

Hey Joe Judge... how about you dont let Philly run a 2 min drill to beat you in week 7 when you have the lead. 

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

With the possible exception of the losing AFC Wild Card team, wouldn't we still pick ahead of all the other losers, since they have both a higher seed than us, as well as a better record ?

The winner of the SB picks 32, the loser 31.  Pretty sure it works backward from there.  The losers in the AFC and NFC champion games pick 30 and 29, with the team with the worst record of the two picking 29.

1 minute ago, ILikeBilly said:

The winner of the SB picks 32, the loser 31.  Pretty sure it works backward from there.

Right, but the question is, among all the losing teams in this Wild Card weekend, if we were to lose I don't think we'd drop all the way to 25, because that would mean that teams with a higher seed and better record that lost this weekend, would pick ahead of us. How would that happen ?

Once you make the payoffs, regular season record doesn't matter as much.  Teams that lose in first round pick before teams that advance

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Right, but the question is, among all the losing teams in this Wild Card weekend, if we were to lose I don't think we'd drop all the way to 25, because that would mean that teams with a higher seed and better record that lost this weekend, would pick ahead of us. How would that happen ?

It we lose tonight's game, we are at 19.  If we win, all of this weekend's losers pick before us because we advanced which puts us at 25, assuming we lose next weekend.

2 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

Once you make the payoffs, regular season record doesn't matter as much.  Teams that lose in first round pick before teams that advance

It we lose tonight's game, we are at 19.  If we win, allot this weekend's losers pick before us because we advanced.

Okay, when your post earlier said we'd be 25, it confused me, because I think it was a mis-type, and you meant to say "if we win"

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

Okay, when your post earlier said we'd be 25, it confused me, because I think it was a mis-type, and you meant to say "if we win"

I didn't add "if we win", because your question was how far do we drop, if we win.🙂

Archived