Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #19

zCommander

I want Wilson and would trade next years 1st to move up to secure him.  

Lance is intriguing but too raw.  Since when can we develope a QB?  Jones is a great pick...in 1996.  Need some mobility please.

I'm all in for Wilson.  Get him, draft a LB in the 2nd, sign one of the top free agent wide receivers and then we're cooking with gas.

10 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Lance is intriguing but too raw.  Since when can we develope a QB?  Jones is a great pick...in 1996.  Need some mobility please.

I'm all in for Wilson.  Get him, draft a LB in the 2nd, sign one of the top free agent wide receivers and then we're cooking with gas.

Yeah Wilson is my favorite too(besides Lawrence of course)but I'm afraid he's gonna get taken way before we pick. His stock has gone up and Fields has gone down. in fact Fields might be this year's talented guy who drops. Could result in Aaron Rodgers or Lamar Jackson, or could be Brady Quinn or Johnny Manziel.

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah Wilson is my favorite too(besides Lawrence of course)but I'm afraid he's gonna get taken way before we pick. His stock has gone up and Fields has gone down. in fact Fields might be this year's talented guy who drops. Could result in Aaron Rodgers or Lamar Jackson, or could be Brady Quinn or Johnny Manziel.

Hence why I said to use next years 1st to trade up lol

10 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Wilson is the real deal.  Cannon for an arm, ACCURATE, and is extremely elusive.  Concur with giving up two 1sts and sprinkling in a 3rd to make this deal happen.

53 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Sign a veteran QB & pass on drafting QB in first round.  

Absolutely this. Might be able to get Carr or Stafford for (relatively) cheap. Matt Ryan also has a chance to be available but has a contract that would be difficult to trade. We’re legitimate contenders next year with any halfway decent QB. Go get one and build the rest of the team up to be ready for prime time. 

12 minutes ago, dckey said:

Please no QB in the first round!!!!   Take the best OL, LB or DB

I would definitely draft some OL...but I no longer feel like it's a 1st round need.

The current OL has come around and improved.

I'm not saying they're great. But they're not bad like they used to be, since the changes they made, the experience together, and the apparent coaching.

I'm quite startled you didn't include WR on your list. I assume you forgot. To me, without a single doubt - WR2 is the biggest need. Then Safety, LB, OL, TE2.

We also need a decent RB2. Because when Gibson is hurt, the whole running game is practically gone.

9 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I would definitely draft some OL...but I no longer feel like it's a 1st round need.

The current OL has come around and improved.

I'm not saying they're great. But they're not bad like they used to be, since the changes they made, the experience together, and the apparent coaching.

I'm quite startled you didn't include WR on your list. I assume you forgot. To me, without a single doubt - WR2 is the biggest need. Then Safety, LB, OL, TE2.

We also need a decent RB2. Because when Gibson is hurt, the whole running game is practically gone.

I wouldn't draft WR in the first round, because of the immediate impact we need and normally WR take a little time.  I'd rather sign a WR in FA.  Think it's a possibility we don't resign Scherf pending contract demands, which is why I went with OL, LB, and DB Preferably FS as First round picks.  Need another day one starter!!!

38 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If we lose, we might be around #15, the same place we picked Haskins.

I don’t think we’d be worse than #11.  All the other teams with 6 wins have tougher SOS.

8 minutes ago, dckey said:

I wouldn't draft WR in the first round, because of the immediate impact we need and normally WR take a little time.  I'd rather sign a WR in FA.  Think it's a possibility we don't resign Scherf pending contract demands, which is why I went with OL, LB, and DB Preferably FS as First round picks.  Need another day one starter!!!

I don’t know.  A Justin Jefferson type player would have a big impact on this team.  (I think they can and will retain both Scherff and Roullier)

2 minutes ago, dckey said:

I wouldn't draft WR in the first round, because of the immediate impact we need and normally WR take a little time. 

They don't necessarily take time. I agree with you on signing a FA WR, for sure.

But I'd still draft one for the future, and for the badly needed depth.

And I wouldn't be afraid to use a 1st rounder on one.

Remember DJ Moore on Carolina yesterday ? He was a 1st rounder in 2018...had 55 catches in his rookie season. 87 in his 2nd season. And 61 season.

That's not the only example, too. There's Calvin Ridley. His reception totals in his first 3 seasons were 64, 63, 82., respectively.

Then in 2019, there's Marquise Brown. His first two years totals were : 46 and 53.

I could go on - but you can get immediate help at WR from the 1st round. If you draft smart.

45 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

They don't necessarily take time. I agree with you on signing a FA WR, for sure.

But I'd still draft one for the future, and for the badly needed depth.

And I wouldn't be afraid to use a 1st rounder on one.

Remember DJ Moore on Carolina yesterday ? He was a 1st rounder in 2018...had 55 catches in his rookie season. 87 in his 2nd season. And 61 season.

That's not the only example, too. There's Calvin Ridley. His reception totals in his first 3 seasons were 64, 63, 82., respectively.

Then in 2019, there's Marquise Brown. His first two years totals were : 46 and 53.

I could go on - but you can get immediate help at WR from the 1st round. If you draft smart.

While I agree you can get a quality wr in the first round, if it's not Smith or Chase, which both will probably be gone by time we pick, I'm waiting until later.  If I was prioritizing my needs OL first if we can't resign both guards, LB, FS then WR2.  

I wouldn't go WR or OL in the 1st round. I think the OL(if we resign Scherff and Roullier)is alright, just address LT in FA. For WR we need a solid vet #2 type to compliment McLaurin, nothing fancy or special, so we don't need to burn a 1st rounder on one especially since WR tends to be a really volatile position for rookies. I mean even this year's 1st round class, Lamb and Jefferson have been outstanding and Ruggs has contributed, but what have Jeudy and Raegor done? I'd prefer to address these positions in FA.

33 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I wouldn't go WR or OL in the 1st round. I think the OL(if we resign Scherff and Roullier)is alright, just address LT in FA. For WR we need a solid vet #2 type to compliment McLaurin, nothing fancy or special, so we don't need to burn a 1st rounder on one especially since WR tends to be a really volatile position for rookies. I mean even this year's 1st round class, Lamb and Jefferson have been outstanding and Ruggs has contributed, but what have Jeudy and Raegor done? I'd prefer to address these positions in FA.

I agree about OL if we can resign both guards.  But if not we have to get a starter via FA or the draft.  

Archived