Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #19

zCommander

Just now, Rdskns2000 said:

The Team most likely will be drafting somewhere between 11-20.

If they decide they want the 3rd/4th best QBs in the draft; they will have to trade up and that means giving up picks. 

I don't want them trade up. You continue to build the lines. You roll with Alex next year. Alex is still on contract for next year too. 

23 minutes ago, zskins said:

I don't want them trade up. You continue to build the lines. You roll with Alex next year. Alex is still on contract for next year too. 

Yep. Oline or linebacker. If miraculously a QB falls to you that you can't say no to... QB.

15 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Never cared about what draft pick we were.  a good organization finds gem at any draft pick.  

Preach!

How many times have we crapped the bed with   high end draft pick... Mainly because the offense.

4 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

Preach!

How many times have we crapped the bed with   high end draft pick... Mainly because the offense.

Should we wear the Whiteys from here on out? Speaking of superstitions, for 2 games in a row, I’ve posted Bill Withers Lovely Day on my FB!

**** the draft. I spend as much time as anyone on here preparing for it. But winning games is soooooo much more fun. We arent getting a QB in round one. So we take BPA. Which will most likely be a WR or OL where we will be picking. Build around Gibson and Terry. QB will come in the future. We have no idea how Haskins will respond to a couple of seasons on the bench either. It will most likely do him a ton of good. 

Just now, Daniel.redskins said:

We don't need a qb next draft. The whole process of developing a young qb is a pain in the ***.  Let Smith start and groom Allen. I really think Allen can be a good qb. I see more in him than Cousins. 

Build the o-line. We need a tackle and depth at guards. And we need a WR2. We are close!   

100%. We've also been bad for so long that it's hard for us to wrap our head around being able to afford to trade up at some point (not this year)

7 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

We don't need a qb next draft. The whole process of developing a young qb is a pain in the ***.  Let Smith start and groom Allen. I really think Allen can be a good qb. I see more in him than Cousins. 

Build the o-line. We need a tackle and depth at guards. And we need a WR2. We are close!   

I am usually very optimistic but I don't think we are close. We need linebackers, corners, safeties, offensive line, etc. 

We have a fantastic defensive line base but need to really work on offensive line and our secondary on defense. 

10 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Allen is too old to start "grooming" now. He'll be entering year 3 next year. You either commit to him as a starter or accept that he's a backup(which is fine).

1 minute ago, Blue Collar Skins said:

I am usually very optimistic but I don't think we are close. We need linebackers, corners, safeties, offensive line, etc. 

We have a fantastic defensive line base but need to really work on offensive line and our secondary on defense. 

Agree on LBs and Safeties although Holcomb and Kurl look like they could be keepers.

The CBs look okay right now. That's not to say I wouldn't take a shutdown CB but its not a top priority right now.

Right side of the OL is okay if we keep Scherff and Roullier is a fine starting C. Left side needs work though.

49 minutes ago, Blue Collar Skins said:

Brother we have the number 3 pass defense in the NFL. We need offensive weapons and OL before anything else. 

I am rooting for #19 all the way now. And that the Cowboys beat at least the Bengals who hopefully lose out so that Sewell gets picked before they have a chance at him. Their O-line is good enough when healthy, don't want them to get another stud alongside Collins, Martin, and Smith.

4 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

**** 19, like Warhead said a couple posts above, aim high, I want see people **** because the Team is picking at 32......

Yeah of course haha. Meant I was rooting for the divisional title not for #19 specifically. Should have worded that differently for sure.

6 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah no kidding.  I never expected that. Just like Thanksgiving I went in rooting for a loss for the higher picks in each round. But as the game unfolded, with a national tv audience, I couldn't help but get onboard.  

Now that's what you call "Damn good culture" 

I have never been a fan of the idea of tanking for a higher pick.  I have seen fans of all NFC East teams this year arguing that it would be better to get a high draft pick than it would be to win the division and be "one and done" in the playoffs.  Frankly, I enjoy the games a lot more when my team is in the hunt until the end.  I think it is particularly important to be division winners/playoff teams when it comes to free agency.  There are free agents who prioritize winning, and free agents that prioritize their earnings.  If a team is consistently out of the playoff hunt, they will be much more likely to be trying to rebuild with guys who do not have winning as their primary focus.  I think that is a bigger hurdle to overcome than picking later in the draft.

I am OK tanking if a team is already dead in the playoff race, but not if the post season is still in play.  The last 3 NFC East Super Bowl winners were not considered top contenders at the start of the playoffs, but they were able to play at their best in the playoffs, and had some bounces go their way at key times.

4 hours ago, Nerm said:

I have never been a fan of the idea of tanking for a higher pick.  I have seen fans of all NFC East teams this year arguing that it would be better to get a high draft pick than it would be to win the division and be "one and done" in the playoffs.  Frankly, I enjoy the games a lot more when my team is in the hunt until the end.  I think it is particularly important to be division winners/playoff teams when it comes to free agency.  There are free agents who prioritize winning, and free agents that prioritize their earnings.  If a team is consistently out of the playoff hunt, they will be much more likely to be trying to rebuild with guys who do not have winning as their primary focus.  I think that is a bigger hurdle to overcome than picking later in the draft.

I am OK tanking if a team is already dead in the playoff race, but not if the post season is still in play.  The last 3 NFC East Super Bowl winners were not considered top contenders at the start of the playoffs, but they were able to play at their best in the playoffs, and had some bounces go their way at key times.

My take is that it depends.  In the NFC East, I'd rather make the playoffs but the exception being lets say squeezing in by squeaking by winning games versus bad teams and not looking hot doing it.  I'd rather not make the playoffs than look like a bad team who is the best of the bad lot.  But if I can make the playoffs the normal way where the team plays well -- I'd take that over the pick.

But yeah everything being equal a cheap win over a bad team that takes you from lets say 4-12 to 5-11 to me is meaningless and somewhat counter productuve potentially.  But having a winning season and or playing well like they've been doing of late -- that's a whole different game.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:
Albert Breer

@AlbertBreer
.@CoachTomlin to @youngchase907: “I don’t ever wanna lose enough games to get a guy like you ... you gotta lose 14, 15 games to get a guy that looks like you.”

Damn SIP, that clip was during the game too. You can see it's from when Kam Curl got shaken up. Tomlin was actually talking trash haha by dumping on the organization while complimenting Chase. Even added that dig "I play against you all the time" meaning he's always dealing w/ trash teams that get the blue-chip prospects and he's still winning, lol. Pretty skillful trash talk from Tomlin mid-game!

Archived