Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #19

zCommander

20 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

We've had some dark days (decades) around here, but imagine how it must feel to be a Jets fan today?  What a kick in the nuts that was. 

Gase still has a job and you piss away Trevor Lawrence in a meaningless week 15 win.  The only thing that could be worse is if the Jags win another game and the Jets beat the Pats in week 17 to lose him a second time.

What are you suggesting the Jets should have done? 

11 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Its literally two posts later.

And as I suspected, you’ve missed the point of how pro football works. You’re not clever because you made the correlation between losses and draft picks I could explain that to a 7 year old. There’s guys in that lockeroom that have worked their whole life at a shot to play in the NFL and they’re going all out for wins. Same goes for the coaches. This isn’t your franchise mode in Madden, NFL teams are made of people who’s livelihood is tied to winning football games. 

16 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

And as I suspected, you’ve missed the point of how pro football works. You’re not clever because you made the correlation between losses and draft picks I could explain that to a 7 year old. There’s guys in that lockeroom that have worked their whole life at a shot to play in the NFL and they’re going all out for wins. Same goes for the coaches. This isn’t your franchise mode in Madden, NFL teams are made of people who’s livelihood is tied to winning football games. 

Hahahahahah

Ok chief.

Hope you enjoy Chase Young.

BTW since you apparently could not comprehend the post, the point was that someone with a longer view of the horizon (owner/GM) needs to take control in that scenario and do what is necessary to not screw up getting Trevor Lawrence.  Players will play hard and thats what their supposed to do.  Measures should have been taken to make their efforts futile.

There is no argument to be made the Jets are better off with that win than they would be with Lawrence.  Not on the field and definitely not off the field.  Zero argument.

19 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Depends. If you are Darnold you do everything you can to win the game otherwise you are playing yourself out of a job.

Which is why you bench Darnold.

20 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Hahahahahah

Ok chief.

Hope you enjoy Chase Young.

BTW since you apparently could not comprehend the post, the point was that someone with a longer view of the horizon (owner/GM) needs to take control in that scenario and do what is necessary to not screw up getting Trevor Lawrence.  Players will play hard and thats what their supposed to do.  Measures should have been taken to make their efforts futile.

There is no argument to be made the Jets are better off with that win than they would be with Lawrence.  Not on the field and definitely not off the field.  Zero argument.

Which is why you bench Darnold.

Congrats for mastering a simple derivative property. That’s still not how the NFL functions and that’s not my opinion, that’s a fact. If a GM or an owner goes to an NFL coach and demands he throw the rest of the season, the head coach quits on the spot. Is it that you think NFL coaches don’t understand that they get a higher pick the more games they lose and you’re thinking one step ahead of them? 

5 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Congrats for mastering a simple derivative property. That’s still not how the NFL functions and that’s not my opinion, that’s a fact. If a GM or an owner goes to an NFL coach and demands he throw the rest of the season, the head coach quits on the spot. 

I literally said that in the post.  Hold on, maybe I can draw a picture...

27 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I literally said that in the post.  Hold on, maybe I can draw a picture...

So your breaking news this whole time was that the Jets would be better off with Trevor Lawrence, they need the number one overall pick to draft Trevor Lawrence, and can only get that pick if they lose more games than any other team. Thanks for the insight. 

4 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

So your breaking news this whole time was that the Jets would be better off with Trevor Lawrence, they need the number one overall pick to draft Trevor Lawrence, and can only get that pick if they lose more games than any other team. Thanks for the insight. 

**** off dude.

25 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

It looks right now like 6 wins would put us somewhere between 11 and 16? Id take the 11th pick. But much past that and I’d rather just win the division. 

Could move up to potentially 7 if a ton of things happen due to our low SOS.

I posted this in the draft thread:

First, root for Pats to beat Bills tomorrow.

Here's who we need to "root" for next week to get highest possible pick if we lose:

1). Lions over Minny

2). Giants over Dallas

3). Panthers over Saints

4). Denver over Raiders

5). Chargers over Chiefs

6). 49ers over Seattle

7). Pats over Jets

We could get the 7th pick potentially.

That could mean...

1). Jax-Lawrence

2). Nyj-Wilson

3). Mia (from Texans)-Sewell

4). Atl-Fields

5). Cin-Parsons

6). Phi-Chase

7). Was-(Lance, Slater, Smith, Pitts???)

17 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

Just checked tankathon and if we lose to Philly we will end up somewhere 9-11.

Honestly its the best thing for us.  Its high enough a QB could fall or we don't have to sell the world to trade up.

I ran some tankathon scenarios and the highest I could get us was #8. So there is a scenario that would get us to #8, though the most likely is #10 or #11.

I echo your point though. There's at least a chance one of the Top 4 QBs falls to that range. But worst case scenario we would just have to trade up a few spots to land the QB, and while we'd likely have to sacrifice decent future draft capital, it would at least not be the entire farm.

17 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

Just checked tankathon and if we lose to Philly we will end up somewhere 9-11.

Honestly its the best thing for us.  Its high enough a QB could fall or we don't have to sell the world to trade up.

Yeah, I know it's not the most popular opinion but next week could be some kind of a win-win situation. Beat the Eagles and you win the division and get a playoff homegame for a young team, lose and you'll end up at #11 in the draft at worst. That is high enough to either get one of the 4-5 first round QBs or to trade up a couple of spots without having to mortgage your future to pick your desired QB.

Damn, should have read the other replies first @redskinss basically said the exact same thing and got 7 likes, so maybe it is a popular opinion. 😅

13 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I ran some tankathon scenarios and the highest I could get us was #8. So there is a scenario that would get us to #8, though the most likely is #10 or #11.

I echo your point though. There's at least a chance one of the Top 4 QBs falls to that range. But worst case scenario we would just have to trade up a few spots to land the QB, and while we'd likely have to sacrifice decent future draft capital, it would at least not be the entire farm.

Actually we could get to 7 if Carolina, Detroit, NYG, and Denver all win.  Not happening.

It's early, but if we lose on Sunday, here's the best case scenario for us ... assuming Rivera wants to get more mobile at QB and Smith either retires or is cut ...

Sign Marcus Mariota to a cheap-ish short term deal.

Do whatever you can from the #10-12 spot to land Trey Lance from NDSU

Ride Mariota as the QB from day one but let Lance learn and work his way into the starting role over the course of 1-2 years. He's super young and raw, so you definitely don't want him to be your day 1 starter ... you want him to earn that.

You could certainly get Mac Jones in the same range without trading up (or possibly even from the later 1st if you win on Sunday.

It is an interesting off-season ... you have the cap to bring in a capable veteran, but I think you have to double down and get one in the draft as well. I think Mariota/Lance might be the best scenario in that path.

You don't need a world beater to be a good team / playoff contender next year. You need solid QB play and to lean on the run game and defense. Let the young drafted QB earn his way into the role with reduced pressure to perform immediately.

Lose the weekend and good chance we are picking in the top 10 no?

Obviously puts you out of Lawrence / Fields range, so your looking at the Wilson, Lance, Trasks, Jones of the draft depending on who announces! Of those I think we may even be out of the Wilson running but he’s the one who imo suits Rivera / Turners systems the most

If it’s free agency or trade then the only ones on a level we should consider that may be available are Dak and Stafford, with the wildcards being Cam and Darnold

Seems likely that one of Wilson, Lance, Dak, Stafford, Cam or Darnold will be on the team next year, personally I couldn’t care less as long as the decision is taken 100% by Ron and no one else from above him 

3 hours ago, mhd24 said:

Could move up to potentially 7 if a ton of things happen due to our low SOS.

I posted this in the draft thread:

First, root for Pats to beat Bills tomorrow.

Here's who we need to "root" for next week to get highest possible pick if we lose:

1). Lions over Minny

2). Giants over Dallas

3). Panthers over Saints

4). Denver over Raiders

5). Chargers over Chiefs

6). 49ers over Seattle

7). Pats over Jets

We could get the 7th pick potentially.

That could mean...

1). Jax-Lawrence

2). Nyj-Wilson

3). Mia (from Texans)-Sewell

4). Atl-Fields

5). Cin-Parsons

6). Phi-Chase

7). Was-(Lance, Slater, Smith, Pitts???)

Very nice. (Borat voice)

A 7th pick consolation prize for should put us in contention for Trey Lance without having to trade up and with some luck possibly Fields or Zach Wilson  if one gets past Atlanta’s pick. Not a bad outcome at all.

Archived