Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(2020) We clinched the NFC East didn't we?

Partag

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah that's very much a possibility, but hell 6-10 could still win the division LMAO.

Honestly though 7-9 ices it. Just gotta win 1 out of 3.

I wouldn't put too much money on that.

If the eagles can beat the cardinals this week they'll smoke the cowboys next week and it'll all come down to week 17 even if we beat the panthers next week.

And after watching the panthers come down to one score last night against one of the best teams in the nfc I'm not entirely sold on this plan to look past the Seahawks. 

I have a feeling the panthers are gonna be a much tougher game than people are expecting, Rhule has them fighting pretty hard still.

20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah that's very much a possibility, but hell 6-10 could still win the division LMAO.

Honestly though 7-9 ices it. Just gotta win 1 out of 3.

In order for the Team to win the division with a 6-10 record, the Giants would also have to lose all three games.  Frankly, I don't see the Giants losing to the Cowboys in week 17 if they are still in the hunt for the division.  OTOH, I see a tank job by the Cowboys to improve or maintain their #4 draft slot.  But, then again, if the Cowboys will maintain their draft slot even if they beat the Giants, they will be a problem.  To knock the Giants out of the playoffs would be a nice ending to a horrible season.

And I agree with you that if Washington can win one more game, they will probably win the division.  The NFC East has knocked off some outstanding teams (Seattle, Pittsburgh, and New Orleans) in the last two weeks.  So anything is still possible for everybody (except the Cowboys).🤣

Ok, here’s where we stand:

Washington: 6-8 (Carolina, Philly left)

Giants: 5-8 (Browns, Ravens, Dallas)

Dallas:5-9 (Eagles, Giants)

Eagles: 4-9-1 (Dallas, us)

There is an unlikely scenario we, the a giants and Dallas all end up at 6-10. I’m just going to say that’s rather unlikely.  

If we get to 7 wins, Dallas is eliminated because we have the head to head against them and the Eagles are eliminated because   They can’t get to 7 wins.  

If the Giants lose tonight to the Browns and next week to the Ravens, we beat Carolina (not a gimme, but we should be favored to win that game) then we clinch next week.  

Which honestly I see as the most likely scenario.   

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There is an unlikely scenario we, the a giants and Dallas all end up at 6-10. I’m just going to say that’s rather unlikely.  

If we get to 7 wins, Dallas is eliminated because we have the head to head against them and the Eagles are eliminated because   They can’t get to 7 wins.  

If the Giants lose tonight to the Browns and next week to the Ravens, we beat Carolina (not a gimme, but we should be favored to win that game) then we clinch next week.  

Which is funny because even had we won today, the soonest we could have clinched would have been next week. Really hoping that happens so we can rest our starters week 17 and have rested some guys this week.

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

And then we get the luxury of the rubber stamp rematch against the Seahags that looks and ends a lot similar to today?

53 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

And then we get the luxury of the rubber stamp rematch against the Seahags that looks and ends a lot similar to today?

Seahawks could win the division now that the Rams somehow lost to the Jets. I think its more likely we play the Rams or Bucs in the 1st round. I wouldn't mind a rematch against the Rams, get em in hopefully non rainy weather and a healthy Scherff to block Donald and I'd like our chances.

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

They’re keeping the giants out of the end zone so far. And are in the giants territory at this moment 

I dunno, just feels like both Giants lines are playing better, especially their Dline and Browns live on the run game.  We'll see...

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Browns score another TD! Miss the extra point after they took a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty on the TD.

13-3 Browns w/ just 21 seconds left in the half, and the Browns get the ball to start the 2nd half.

You are more than welcome to join us in the game day thread here: 

6 minutes ago, ultravin said:

win and you're in attitude time.  no more moral victories.  haskins needs to play better.  needs to play angry.  i'm sure he's tired of the negative stuff but he needs to prove it every time he steps onto the field.

He's incapable of proving ****.

He'll never get it.

He sucks.

He's a bust. A complete bust.

Archived