Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(2020) We clinched the NFC East didn't we?

6 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

which is why we need to take care of business re Carolina.

Correct.  Beating Carolina has a very good chance of getting things wrapped up.  The Giants are going to have a tough time with Baltimore.  It would be so much better going into Week 17 without needing to win that game and being able to rest some players and even maybe giving different players some more playing time just to give them a crack at some game experience and you never know if someone catches the eye of the coaches just in time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Correct.  Beating Carolina has a very good chance of getting things wrapped up.  The Giants are going to have a tough time with Baltimore.  It would be so much better going into Week 17 without needing to win that game and being able to rest some players and even maybe giving different players some more playing time just to give them a crack at some game experience and you never know if someone catches the eye of the coaches just in time.

Imagine US, the WFT, being able to rest players for the final week in Philly, as our division title is completely locked up...with a record of 7-8 going into that game !

So much irony in that statement

I can't even remember the last time we clinched a division title before playing the last game, with ANY kind of record, let alone 7-8, and still having one more divisional game left to play. Probably the last time that happened was decades ago during Gibbs 1.0

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I can't even remember the last time we clinched a division title before playing the last game, with ANY kind of record, let alone 7-8, and still having one more divisional game left to play. Probably the last time that happened was decades ago during Gibbs 1.0

Nope, 2015 was the last time that happened. We won the division in week 16 on a Saturday night game in Philly (that win put us at 8-7) and that made Week 17 in Dallas meaningless. We won anyway, Kirk started, threw 2 TDs to put us up like 14-0, then colt came in and played the rest of the game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Eagles, falcons, Seahawks, ravens....who can keep track 😂

You forgot the Cardinals.  

As an aside I've never understood the fascination with Birds as team mascots.  In the NFL there are 5 teams with birds. 

NHL has Peniuns, Thrashers and Mighty Ducks. (Who has ever actually met a mighty duck?)

MLB adds Blue Jays and Orioles.  

Good God. Too many damn birds.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

As an aside I've never understood the fascination with Birds as team mascots.  In the NFL there are 5 teams with birds. 

NHL has Peniuns, Thrashers and Mighty Ducks. (Who has ever actually met a mighty duck?)

Ohh right, the cardinals. See? Like I said, who can keep track?? 

1 hour ago, redskindan07 said:

I didn't watch much of the Philly vs Cards game but I do wonder how the young QB would do against an Ol Wiley DC like Del Rio and what is usually a pressure producing defense

I watched it.  I watch every NFC EAST game. 

PHI played slow and got down 16-0 early.  Murray was off and on but found Hopkins all day. D Hop was unstoppable and PHI didn't double him!  PHI got out coached. 

23 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

I watched it.  I watch every NFC EAST game. 

PHI played slow and got down 16-0 early.  Murray was off and on but found Hopkins all day. D Hop was unstoppable and PHI didn't double him!  PHI got out coached. 

yeah one of the best wr performances I've seen in awhile...just a beast...

5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I met Joshua Jackson, he's a Mighty Duck :D. FYI though, the Ducks dropped the Mighty in 2006 and the Thrashers haven't been around since 2011.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Based on the way Philly played last week against the Saints and this week against AZ with their new QB, I don't see us winning that game in Philly, better win this week or we're asking for trouble.

That's the old mentality, back when we were the Jay Gruden coached Redskins. This is the RR coached WFT and we will beat Philly if we need to. JDR will come up with a game plan to shut down the rookie QB. 

20 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

To your point, it would be a huge opportunity for Haskins to continue to grow by going into Philly and beating Jaylen Hurts straight up without the pressure of having the division on the line. That would boost his confidence for sure.....and his trade value. 

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

That's the old mentality, back when we were the Jay Gruden coached Redskins. This is the RR coached WFT and we will beat Philly if we need to. JDR will come up with a game plan to shut down the rookie QB. 

To your point, it would be a huge opportunity for Haskins to continue to grow by going into Philly and beating Jaylen Hurts straight up without the pressure of having the division on the line. That would boost his confidence for sure.....and his trade value. 

Haskins won't be on the team I think by week 17.  He should be suspended for the remainder of the season.  Completely irresponsible behavior by him.  I'd rather play Steven Montez this week if Alex can't play.

Just now, mhd24 said:

Haskins won't be on the team I think by week 17.  He should be suspended for the remainder of the season.  Completely irresponsible behavior by him.  I'd rather play Steven Montez this week if Alex can't play.

what did he do? What did I miss?

• Partag changed the title to (2020) We clinched the NFC East didn't we?