Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(2020) We clinched the NFC East didn't we?

16 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Chris Collinsworth, "eh, umm, well Dallas just won a couple of games" when asked which NFC East team he thinks could give a scare to the wild card opponent.  Well geee, I dunno, there is a team today that had a chance to win against a that seeded team who was without their starting QB or RB?  

I heard that **** too. Truth is, even while some in the media have given this team praise, it will take a lot more work to get the national media to recognize the WFT.

Also, the amount of things that have to happen for Dallas to win the division is dumb. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Week 16 Clinch Scenario:

WFT beats CAR. (Dal & PHI eliminated)

BLT beats NYG    (NYG eliminated)

If WFT loses, we'd need Dal to beat PHI. NYG to lose.  They'd have to beat PHI in the final.

tenor.gif

• Haha 6
6 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Week 16 Clinch Scenario:

WFT beats CAR. (Dal & PHI eliminated)

BLT beats NYG    (NYG eliminated)

If WFT loses, we'd need Dal to beat PHI. NYG to lose.  They'd have to beat PHI in the final.

Just like in 2005?...I'll take it!!

Anything can happen as the Giants play tough football but Baltimore is playing for their playoff lives next week and cannot afford a loss so its hard to see the G men winning in Baltimore.

The playoffs start this Sunday for us, probably a win and in scenario, we don't want to have to go to Philly needing a win, they are playing much better football with Hurts.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Like 6
17 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Anything can happen as the Giants play tough football but Baltimore is playing for their playoff lives next week and cannot afford a loss so its hard to see the G men winning ion Baltimore.

The playoff starts this Sunday for us, probably a win and in scenario, we don't want to have to go to Philly needing a win, they are playing much better football with Hurts.

Agreed.   Hurts is playing well and is just the type of QB that gives us fits.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

The playoffs starts this Sunday for us, probably a win and in scenario, we don't want to have to go to Philly needing a win, they are playing much better football with Hurts.

This is very true. One might even suggest that... paloffs is now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Chris Collinsworth, "eh, umm, well Dallas just won a couple of games" when asked which NFC East team he thinks could give a scare to the wild card opponent.  Well geee, I dunno, there is a team today that had a chance to win against a that seeded team who was without their starting QB or RB?  

Collinsworth is a complete and total hack with a pretty good haircut.  He was also trying to tell me that Baker threw like Elway. NOBODY threw like Elway.  Elway had one of the top 4 arms in the history of the NFL.  He made strong armed QBs of the day look like Colt McCoy.  

Tirico actually asked about the WFT, and Collinsworth poopooed over it saying they, and this is an exact quote, "kinda hung in there with Pittsburgh."  No, my friend.  We BEAT Pittsbugh, and "kinda hung in there" with the 9-4 ravens with a backup QB, and had a shot to win at the end.  

10 hours ago, Redd said:

We could beat the Seahawks.  

I don't want to see the Seahawks in the playoffs again in the first round.  I'd take my chances with the Bucs or Rams.  Especially the Rams.  They are exceptionally well coached but have a doofus at QB who's prone to just coming apart at the seems.  Good defense.

Stay away from mobile QBs.  

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

This is very true. One might even suggest that... paloffs is now. 

What is interesting is "Paloffs is only kindof now."  Paloffs is now is really a phrase, cherrished by so many, explained by nobody (if you aren't part of the club, get off my damn lawn) but really indicates a "must win" situation whereby if you don't win, you are eliminated, much like the actual paloffs.  

There is no situation where the WFT can be eliminated this weekend.  The worst case is the Giants win, the WFT loses, and we drop to second place, and it comes to week 17.  In which case, we'd need to beat Phily and have the Giants lose.  

Also, if we win and the Giants lose to the Ravens, I'd send a letter to the Eagles with our concession and take a bye week.  

All we need is to win one and have the Giants lose 1.  The "Magic Number" is 1.

So the game against the Panthers is NOT an elimination game.  So "Paloffs is kindof now." (Though winning would be a good thing, don't get me wrong.  And it allows us to keep control of our own destiny, so that's why paloffs are kindof now.)

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

What is interesting is "Paloffs is only kindof now."  Paloffs is now is really a phrase, cherrished by so many, explained by nobody (if you aren't part of the club, get off my damn lawn) but really indicates a "must win" situation whereby if you don't win, you are eliminated, much like the actual paloffs.  

There is no situation where the WFT can be eliminated this weekend.  The worst case is the Giants win, the WFT loses, and we drop to second place, and it comes to week 17.  In which case, we'd need to beat Phily and have the Giants lose.  

Also, if we win and the Giants lose to the Ravens, I'd send a letter to the Eagles with our concession and take a bye week.  

All we need is to win one and have the Giants lose 1.  The "Magic Number" is 1.

So the game against the Panthers is NOT an elimination game.  So "Paloffs is kindof now." (Though winning would be a good thing, don't get me wrong.  And it allows us to keep control of our own destiny, so that's why paloffs are kindof now.)

That’s why I used the word “suggest”. Correct me if I’m wrong here, but didn’t the paloffs is now thread start when we were 5-6 in 2005? If so, we actually had no way of knowing if we were truly in a “must win”, by your definition, situation. 

Edited by ddub52

We BEAT Pittsbugh, and "kinda hung in there" with the 9-4 ravens with a backup QB, and had a shot to win at the end. 

....we had a shot to win against the ravens? The week 4 game? The final score was 31-17....and the only reason we got our final TD was cause it was garbage time. Are you thinking of yesterday’s game, against the Seahawks? 

Collinsworth is a complete and total hack with a pretty good haircut.  He was also trying to tell me that Baker threw like Elway. NOBODY threw like Elway.  Elway had one of the top 4 arms in the history of the NFL.  He made strong armed QBs of the day look like Colt McCoy.  

Right.  And it wasn't like I was waiting for Collinsworth to heap all this praise on WFT as a playoff threat go on a run, but common sense tells you that WFT Defense is the only unit in the entire NFC East that you can really expect to affect a game.  They keep pretty much every single game close with chances for the offense to comeback.  Doesn't mean they would beat any of the playoff teams in the playoffs, but out of all the NFC East teams you'd think facing that defense would be the least appealing.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Right.  And it wasn't like I was waiting for Collinsworth to heap all this praise on WFT as a playoff threat go on a run, but common sense tells you that WFT Defense is the only unit in the entire NFC East that you can really expect to affect a game.  They keep pretty much every single game close with chances for the offense to comeback.  Doesn't mean they would beat any of the playoff teams in the playoffs, but out of all the NFC East teams you'd think facing that defense would be the least appealing.

I'm glad he sold us short. As a Caps fan I'm much more comfortable playing as the low-expectations underdog than the juggernaut favorite.

49 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

....we had a shot to win against the ravens? The week 4 game? The final score was 31-17....and the only reason we got our final TD was cause it was garbage time. Are you thinking of yesterday’s game, against the Seahawks? 

Sorry I meant the Seahawks.  

I get all the stupid birds confused. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
12 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Carolina isn't a lock and Philly definitely isn't a lock now. A team with a losing record that's suddenly found new life and has nothing to lose.. That is dangerous..

I'll take it one step further and say that we easily could lose out the way the offense is playing. We literally have been a stagnant offense for almost 2 full games now and the next two defenses we face won't be easy because they both apply a lot of pressure. Carolina got to Aaron Rodgers a lot on Saturday night and Philly has a good front 4 of pass rushers. 

• Like 3
Just now, kingdaddy said:

I'll take it one step further and say that we easily could lose out the way the offense is playing. We literally have been a stagnant offense for almost 2 full games now and the next two defenses we face won't be easy because they both apply a lot of pressure. Carolina got to Aaron Rodgers a lot on Saturday night and Philly has a good front 4 of pass rushers. 

Those two games were without Gibson or a healthy Alex and we probably get both back this week.

• Partag changed the title to (2020) We clinched the NFC East didn't we?