Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Washington @ Arizona

TK

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

Uh, I've never seen this before.  We seriously just gave up?

My son and I are both sitting here in shock over watching what just happened.  Rivera just basically said, with less than 1:30 remaining that he quit and wasn't even going to attempt a run at doing anything.  I have never seen that before. Not sure what to think of it.  I guess we will get a knee and that's it.  He intentionally did not call a time out.  Wow.

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

You know more about the game than I do, but I've never in 36 years seen them just not call any timeouts there.  What's the logic behind that?

Likely hoping for a turnover and using the timeouts on the drive and subsequent recovery. It's unlikely to occur, but Arizona was playing aggressive there. Calling timeouts just delays the game in that situation down by that much. Holding them in case something miraculous happens gives you a chance. 

It's very hopeful... and most coaches don't do that because they know the media and fans are going to lambaste them. I've never even thought about doing that myself.. But Ron Rivera is a NFL head coach and I am not. 

Just now, KDawg said:

Likely hoping for a turnover and using the timeouts on the drive and subsequent recovery. It's unlikely to occur, but Arizona was playing aggressive there. Calling timeouts just delays the game in that situation down by that much. Holding them in case something miraculous happens gives you a chance. 

Ah, okay.  Still tough logic to swallow, but at least we didn't take a knee at the end.

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

Ah, okay.  Still tough logic to swallow, but at least we didn't take a knee at the end.

I added this: It's very hopeful... and most coaches don't do that because they know the media and fans are going to lambaste them. I've never even thought about doing that myself.. But Ron Rivera is a NFL head coach and I am not. 

I don't blame anyone for thinking that way, either. But if you're Rivera and you make that decision, you get paid to get **** on sometimes. 

1 minute ago, Rhazaghul said:

My son and I are both sitting here in shock over watching what just happened.  Rivera just basically said, with less than 1:30 remaining that he quit and wasn't even going to attempt a run at doing anything.  I have never seen that before. Not sure what to think of it.  I guess we will get a knee and that's it.  He intentionally did not call a time out.  Wow.

Yall never seen use do that or never seen us do that in a game you were convinced we had a chance in?

I've seen us beat so Bandon multiple tds we couldn't wait to get out of there, and not have unnecessary injuries.

Was the comeback stopped by Rivera? No, it was stopped by the Cardinals.  

2 minutes ago, Rhazaghul said:

Another observation from this game and the season thus far is that our Defense, while amazing on paper, is not that good in action.  Last week, I feel is a mirage and what we see today will be the norm against good teams.  Not helping them is an offense that did nothing for the first 3 quarters of the game and kept them on the field.  So, we are basically where we were last year with just a bit more upside on the defensive side of the ball than we have on the offensive side.  I have more hope for the defense under Jack D than I do with the offense being helmed by Haskins.  So basically all hope and enthusiasm from last week has been watered down with reality today.  We have a team somewhere between what we saw last week and what we see today.  A 8-8 at best I am thinking.  This is subject to change pending what miracles this coaching staff can manage over the course of this season.

🙄👀😛😜🤪

This team at best is 4-12. 2-4 wins is the most you can expect from this team.

We are 2-3 years away from being a team that can compete and win regularly and by then we may be on a new coaching staff and maybe new owner.

If we had any semblance of a functioning offense we are right in that  game.

Cant get 1st and goal inside the 5 two times and come away with 3 points, then fumble a punt after the D makes a really good 3 and out early in the game.

There were opportunities, our offense is just rough, 2013/2014 RG3 rough.

3 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

You know more about the game than I do, but I've never in 36 years seen them just not call any timeouts there.  What's the logic behind that?

The odds were so long for a comeback maybe he didn't want to risk an injury.

Or maybe he knows he'll get roasted by the media for it and hopes the team will rally around him next week.

But yeah I've never seen that before.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

What do you mean?

Camera panned over to Haskins, and he was joking around, all smiles, while the team was down by 15, as if he was happy that they only lost by two scores or something.

Definitely irks me. I can't possibly imagine Brady/Manning/Brees, etc., chilling on the sideline in a happy-go-lucky mood after they played a poor game and the team was getting blown out.

Archived