Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Washington @ Arizona

TK

Just now, profusion said:

WFT was punchless until the Cards began to be willing to give up the underneath stuff late in the game. I don't there's any single factor you can point to. McLaurin looks like the only starting-caliber guy on the offense right now.

The backs are good enough with anyone to block for them, and we shouldn't prioritize the position at this stage, but then you could say that about many starting RBs in the league. 

Clearly, we need a 2-3 receivers and a whole new line. Haskins sucks. 

2 minutes ago, Xplosive said:

Gibson looked pretty good as well on some carries.

Yea every once in a while he did.  I can tell it’s going to take him some time to get adjusted to the speed.  I think he could run a lot cleaner and use his speed better.  I like having him.  Good potential.

Just now, Xplosive said:

Gibson looked pretty good as well on some carries.

True, although not consistently. He is a rookie, though.

I guess I have to remember that this offense got very young almost overnight. I don't see much potential, but maybe some of those guys just need time. The OL is just a disaster, and nothing will work right until the talent level there improves.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Probably.  Giants may be our competition this year (especially sans Barkley) for pick numero uno

We're not bad enough to vie for the #1 overall pick. The Jets/Giants/Bengals/Dolphins are all worse than us. Hell, after today, you might be able to add in the Eagles to that list. We have just enough talent on the defense to scrap out a few more wins, even with a borderline high school-level offense.

Doesn't really matter what the win/loss number is this year , the name of the game is figure out an offense.  Whether with these players or players to come, gotta figure something out because our offense is basically nothing.

Brutal truth is that it comes down to QB.  Haskins is still a question mark.  I'm fine with using this year to let him grow and figure it out, and we'll be fine with replacing him if we have to, but we have to find an offensive identity.  Every good team has that now, either a scrambling playmaker or a pure pocket passer.  We gotta pick one and go with it.  Gotta commit to something , I'm tired of bouncing around. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I actually agree with him.  But it's not gonna play well to a town full of rabid dogs

I had no problem with it either. I think the fans are so high on Ron right now that whatever he says is gospel. If Gruden had said that... well ...pitch and forks would have been out...lol

I personally don't care about taking timeouts in the late stages.  It's not his fault that the team didn't execute early on.  They probably wouldn't have been in that situation to come from behind.  I also trust Rivera who has won a SB as a player and has been there as a coach.  We seen this team under previous coaches who have quit.

5 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Some points that are obvious.

We are not good enough to give away the ball.

We need to win the field position battle.

Dwayne needs to improve...takes him too long to get into the game.

Play calling earlier on needs to focus on getting first downs to build momentum.

For the amount of playmakers we have on offense, we really can't expect much. 

McKissic is our best every down back.

We are not as bad as we have played.

We still don't know what it is that this team does well.

Archived