Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Defensive Line Thread

Burgundy Yoda

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean look at the impact Minkah Fitzpatrick has made on the Steelers. They were always a good D but after they traded for him they became dominant.

I wanted him in the draft and I wanted to trade for him when the Steelers did. He's amazing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Truth is, no team can "have it all"

Guarantee all 32 teams are saying, "We really need to fill this position", or "If only we had this player"

It's virtually impossible to have studs everywhere.

Even Super Bowl champions don't.

No matter how good we are, we're always going to wish we had a better player at a certain position.

And it certainly doesn't happen overnight

The best thing to do now, is be thankful how our DL has come together - and be patient.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, D’Pablo said:

I’m intrigued by the Trent Williams vs. Chase Young matchup this week. My guess is that Williams stonewalls Young by virtue of his savvy and still exceptional skill set.

Obviously Young is not going to do well at all, against Williams, since he has such a hard time getting sacks in his rookie season.

So, expect Young to get, not zero, but a negative amount of sacks, against Williams.

He'll have less total sacks after the game, than he did before the game.

<sarcasm>

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean look at the impact Minkah Fitzpatrick has made on the Steelers. They were always a good D but after they traded for him they became dominant.

He was huge but don’t downplay the importance of Haden to that secondary as well. He basically shutdown Mclaurin all game.

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Obviously Young is not going to do well at all, against Williams, since he has such a hard time getting sacks in his rookie season.

So, expect Young to get, not zero, but a negative amount of sacks, against Williams.

He'll have less total sacks after the game, than he did before the game.

<sarcasm>

I’m having a tough time tracking your thoughts in this post. I assume you think Chase, who I believe should be DROY and will probably be all-pro next year, is going to have an easy go against Williams, which is far from certain. By all accounts, Williams looks like maybe the best OT in the league right now. He’s one of the few folks in the NFL who probably has enough athleticism to shadow Chase. Granted, Chase is a terror (though, despite your <sarcasm>, has all of 4.5 sacks through 12 games) who creates opportunities for others, so I’m interested to see them go against one another. 

With our defense, and the way we played and won in Pittsburgh, and the fact that the NFC just doesn't have any teams that are 'giant forces' like the AFC, I can definitely envision this team winning a playoff game or 2.

We're just not the team we used to be.

They are really starting to gel.

Even Rivera is amazed at that result

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a team that could not just make noise in the playoffs, but beat anyone on any given day. We all know Defense wins Championships, but add an offense that is coming together, controlling the clock and putting points on the board, even against great defenses. That is a recipe for a Lombardi! Stay healthy, keep fighting, and take care of business in Sanfran.

Look at this second rush by Allen. Off ball in a 2 point stance, almost like a MLB. This defense is so much more creative and effective under JDR. 

Is that Settle standing to Rivera's left in the white shirt? It looks like Settle's face, but Daron's body. If it is Tim Settle, he has been putting in work. He looks yoked. 

Edited by Anselmheifer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Montez Sweat and Chase Young sure do stuff the stat sheet in areas that aren't typical for a DE. They're both elite against the run, know how to get their hands up to knock down balls, score touchdowns and get after the QB. They're both incredibly balanced players. 

Yeah they dont persue sacks that become liability in the passing game

• Like 2