Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT.com: Ryan Kerrigan named NFC defensive player of the week

TK

Ryan Kerrigan named NFC defensive player of the week

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 16, 2020, 8:36 AM EDT
GettyImages-1228513972-e1600259750131.jp

The Washington Football team has first-rounders scattered all over their defensive front.

The oldest among them was the best this week.

Ryan Kerrigan was named NFC defensive player of the week for his work in their win over the Eagles.

He had two sacks and a fumble recovery, part of a swarming front.

The 2011 first-rounder is one of five premium picks they have up front, and he proved he can still get it done at a high level.

9 minutes ago, Smurf3 said:

Eagles offensive line was totally decimated and included a rugby player in most of the second half. Not saying that this had anything to do with the award of course. The muscle flex is still obnoxious. Act like you've been there before Ryan.

Lol imagine being salty about a player having a signature celebration. There’s literally nothing wrong with that, yet you’re the only one that has a problem with it. Why, if i didnt know any better, I’d say you were an eagles fan :) 

This is pretty cool. I dont know when he became one of my fav players but he is. Hes still the goofy dude he always was and its cool to see him get a game and some recognition. I hope this **** revitalizes him. 

And fact check - he has been there before. Lots of times. 

21 minutes ago, Smurf3 said:

Eagles offensive line was totally decimated and included a rugby player in most of the second half. Not saying that this had anything to do with the award of course. The muscle flex is still obnoxious. Act like you've been there before Ryan.

Oh he's been there before for sure....he's now the all time Redskins sack leader. That's a lot of muscle flexing. 

18 minutes ago, Llevron said:

This is pretty cool. I dont know when he became one of my fav players but he is. Hes still the goofy dude he always was and its cool to see him get a game and some recognition. I hope this **** revitalizes him. 

And fact check - he has been there before. Lots of times. 

Same here. I own just two jerseys, Sean Taylor and Ryan Kerrigan.

8 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Same here. I own just two jerseys, Sean Taylor and Ryan Kerrigan.

Same here except for me its Darrel green and Kerrigan 

Little throwback from 2013 (thanks cooley)

That last girl was hilarious. 

I don't think he could pull this off anymore. 

We have no idea how this season is going to play out, but I wonder what will happen with Kerrigan if he has a career year for sacks. 

What if he goes off for 16 or 18 sacks, do we let a guy coming off a year like that just walk in free agency?

It seems insane to give a 30 something year old a large extension at a position we're absolutely loaded at but almost equally insane to let someone with that much production just walk in free agency. 

Maybe a transition tag?

I dont know but it does seem like a good problem to have. 

Archived