Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

this is probably just dumb, but regarding the name change I want to live in a world where i still get to see Redskins when I read the news about the WFT. So, I added a chrome plugin that changes any reference to "Football Team" to "Redskins". This will let me live somewhat in my alternative reality for a while longer. Sorry if this doesn't belong in this thread.
image.png.02db93e61cd7bddeea49e49810e021cc.pngimage.png.1c5ff2c248cdfc279697b1756909d5f8.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Your know 2022 is this team 90's birthday.  I think that would be the year to relaunch with a permanent new name.  Spent 2021 getting the organization right and building the team and then celebrate big time in 2022 with the permanent name.

"Howl with the Red Wolves

Howl Vic-tory

Hunt like a Wolf Pack

BITE! for old DC"

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Your know 2022 is this team 90's birthday.  I think that would be the year to relaunch with a permanent new name.  Spent 2021 getting the organization right and building the team and then celebrate big time in 2022 with the permanent name.

should just wait until 2032 then and go for the 100th.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 12:45 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

We should look at 2022 as the 10-year anniversary of the drafting of RG3, which was supposedly going to lead us into a decade-plus of Patriot-like dominance. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Redskinzfan30 said:

https://theathletic.com/2196718/2020/11/13/wft-owner-daniel-snyder-targets-ex-gm-scot-mccloughans-wife-in-legal-action/

Snyder is suing McCloughans wife currently. Alleging that she aided in the articles about trafficking. 

This idiot loves him some lawyers.  Bet he got his ass kicked repeatedly at recess growing up, cause he definitely has a "I'll get you back, I'll show you" mentality. 

Not to mention,  this assclown never takes responsibility for his own shortcomings (at least not unless his wife is part of the apologies).

I'd give my left testicle to see this turd tossed from the highest building we could find. A grade A, 100% certified, useless as tits on a bull, **** stain of a human being. 

I'll show myself out.

Not sure this is the right thread, but anyone else just very slowly year by year losing their passion for this team? I barely even cared when Young shoved Stafford. 

this isn't one of those knee jerk "I'm done with this team comments", I'll still watch and keep and eye on them.

Years ago I'd have been livid at a stupid late game penalty. Josh Morgan's stupid penalty v the Rams in 2012 springs to mind. I was shouting at the tv.

Im not even calling for Rivera's head (though pretty unimpressed so far), as he's limited offensive personnel and a questionable OC. 

I just can't seem to care any more and seem to be drawn to red zone more and more. 

Edited by Searchingforaqb
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, Searchingforaqb said:

Not sure this is the right thread, but anyone else just very slowly year by year losing their passion for this team? I barely even cared when Young shoved Stafford. 

It definitely would be easier to watch if the team was good, but the "losing the passion" thing really applies to watching the league as a whole. Too many tick tack penalties and a complete lack of fundamentals when it comes to tackling. I mainly watch the team out of habit, but that's really all it is. Right now I have AZ vs BUF on, two decent teams, but am barely paying attention.

45 minutes ago, Searchingforaqb said:

this isn't one of those knee jerk "I'm done with this team comments", I'll still watch and keep and eye on them.

Years ago I'd have been livid at a stupid late game penalty. Josh Morgan's stupid penalty v the Rams in 2012 springs to mind. I was shouting at the tv.

Im not even calling for Rivera's head (though pretty unimpressed so far), as he's limited offensive personnel and a questionable OC. 

I just can't seem to care any more and seem to be drawn to red zone more and more. 

Welcome to Novacaine. We created the group about 20 years ago. Other than a few seasons, we've been numb for decades.

I'm KD. I'll be your host this evening. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This year is a lost season, like last year was.   Back to back lost seasons.  Hell, even 2018 was lost after Alex got injured.

I think it's hard to root for the team this year because they really aren't any better than last year and maybe worse.

Also, this team really is weak at several positions.   We need an entire new offensive line.  We don't have the franchise QB 

on the roster.

All the side issues:  scandals, name change, covid and Ron's cancer.  It was just to much.

Maybe we win one more game this year?  Maybe not.

This team has alot to correct in 2021 or else the Rivera era will fail.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 4:39 PM, Searchingforaqb said:

Several things came together for me between last year and this year....

I had already been less passionate for a while. The last time I can remember really being excited to watch the team was 2015/16. That was probably the final time I was duped into thinking that we had finally turned a corner. I am sure I cited things like "back-to-back winning seasons" and "one play away from back-to-back playoff seasons" a million times around then. But even those years were less exciting for me than Gibbs 2 and certainly the years of my youth. 

Despite all of that though, I was a loyal fan who wouldn't miss many of the games on TV. And, even the ones I did miss would be for legit reasons like a child's dance competition or something. Until this summer...

The name change didn't help, but even then I was OK. The final straw for me was all of the news that broke. The cheerleader tapes, the pimping out of that one cheerleader, and all the sexual harassment stories. It's made it so that I can't support this team until Snyder is gone. 

This entire season, I've only caught aspects of the games when they are covered on Red Zone. I honestly never thought I'd see the day when I could not tune in to a Redskins game. But Snyder accomplished that. I watched Riggins win the Super Bowl when I was 5. I watched the team get destroyed in the following Super Bowl as a 6-year old. In 5th grade I watched every play of the 1987 season and playoff run that culminated in that record-breaking destruction of the Broncos. And then, of course, my cherry on top was the nearly perfect 1991 team during my freshman year in high school. All of those memories molded a good part of childhood.

And now, because we have been bad but almost exclusively because of Snyder's predatory behavior, I couldn't care less. I find myself actually chuckling when I see something go wrong...almost like I instinctively believe that they deserve it. 

• Like 2

In November 2014, a young woman sent a letter to the Washington Football Team’s lone full-time human resources employee that accused one of team owner Daniel Snyder’s recent executive hires of sexual harassment.

“It has taken me a long time to find the courage to lodge this formal complaint … but I simply cannot take the treatment I have endured anymore,” read the letter, a copy of which was obtained by The Washington Post. “It began the first day … and has remained pervasive throughout my employment with the Washington Redskins Original Americans Foundation.”

Snyder had announced the creation of the foundation earlier that year, amid rising legal pressure and calls from lawmakers for the team to change its name. The group’s goal, Snyder claimed, was “making a real, lasting, positive impact” in Native American communities.

But this letter, written by a female employee, levied accusations against the man Snyder had selected just a few months before to serve as the foundation’s executive director: Gary Edwards, a former Secret Service agent and chief executive of the National Native American Law Enforcement Association.

Edwards touched her in “offensive and unwelcome” ways, the woman wrote. He also used inappropriate language, bought her expensive gifts and asked her questions about her private life that made her uncomfortable.

“Until these issues are fully investigated, I do not believe I am safe to return to the office,” the woman wrote.

A second former foundation employee, who spoke on the condition of anonymity out of fear of retaliation from the team and Snyder, told The Post she witnessed the incidents this woman alleged and was herself harassed by Edwards. This second woman described conduct ranging from unwanted hugs and playful tugs of the hair to demanding his female employees sit next to him at foundation meetings and remain silent.

Edwards declined interview requests sent both through the team and the National Native American Law Enforcement Association.

As The Post reported this summer, the Washington Football Team, under Snyder’s ownership, has for years been a place where some male executives have condoned — and, in many cases, participated in — routine unwanted overtures, inappropriate remarks about clothing and appearance, and the enforcement of policies that relegated women to second-class status, according to interviews with dozens of former employees.

....This letter represented one of the few times during Snyder’s tenure that a female employee attempted to address alleged sexual harassment through a formal complaint to team executives, according to interviews with dozens of former employees. At the time, many female former employees said, they believed it was best for their careers to quietly endure sexist treatment rather than make a complaint.

The way the team handled this complaint only reinforced the fear of speaking out, according to the other foundation employee who said she was harassed by Edwards. “I never would have trusted them to handle a complaint after seeing how they handled hers,” the woman said.

A brief investigation by the team concluded the claims in the woman’s letter were unfounded, according to the second foundation employee. The woman then filed a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, according to records reviewed by The Post. After a mediation process, she received a settlement from the team, according to her former co-worker, and signed a nondisclosure agreement.

On Oct. 29, The Post asked the team’s public relations representative for interviews with Snyder and Edwards regarding the 2014 harassment allegation and the team’s handling of it. The Post also requested the team release the woman who complained and her attorney from their nondisclosure agreements.

Two days later, in a statement to The Post, the team said it had decided it would no longer sponsor the foundation.

“We are focused on building a philanthropic strategy that has lasting impact on our communities which includes Native American communities,” the statement read. “We have also requested that the Original Americans Foundation remove any use of the Washington Football Team name, brand, or logo as it is not affiliated with the Washington Football Team at this time.”

Snyder declined the interview request, the team declined to release the woman and her attorney from their NDAs, and the team declined to answer any questions about its handling of the allegations against Edwards.

Why is Dan worried about his minority partners selling? I am sure Dan would like to completely own the team. Buy them out. Is he worried they will sell to someone;who may be able to buy the team out from Dan?

Say, Besos buys those shares. Is Jeff going to sweet talk Tanya or Dan's mom, to sell to him?

...This is what Daniel Snyder does, and he has done it so many times that none of it should be surprising. Shame on anyone for falling for it. Shame on anyone for forgetting.

When public pressure gets too great, he’ll suddenly spin full around, plunge off in the opposite direction, and then expect full credit for his bold navigational brilliance. He’ll make sure the world knows he’s doing “the right thing.” Not the right thing. Never that. Always “the right thing,” the thing the world demanded.

It’s a mangled kindergarten imitation of virtue, some crayon-scribbled picture of what he thinks actual principle looks like, or at least what he thinks the teacher wants to see. “Look at me, I cleaned up my mess after eating my snack!” Then he throws the crumbs under Johnny’s chair.

If the latest rendition of this farce is particularly galling, it’s because Snyder’s unabashed recitation of his own singular nobility in helping Native American communities was particularly insistent.

“I’ve listened. I’ve learned. And frankly, its heart wrenching,” he wrote in 2014, before creating his Original Americans Foundation, which was meant to prove that his billion-dollar company was not merely paying lip service to its supposed admiration of Native Americans. “It’s not enough to celebrate the values and heritage of Native Americans” he wrote. “We must do more. I want to do more.”

That wasn’t all.

“I know we won’t be able to fix every problem. But we need to make an impact,” he wrote.

“In speaking face-to-face with Native American leaders and community members, it’s plain to see they need action, not words,” he wrote.

“With open arms and determined minds, we will work as partners to begin to tackle the troubling realities facing so many tribes across our country,” he wrote.

“Because I’m so serious about the importance of this cause, I began our efforts quietly and respectfully, away from the spotlight, to learn and take direction from the Tribal leaders themselves,” he wrote.

AD

And then, just as quietly, his team flipped off its flow of money to the Original Americans Foundation.

The team donated $5 million to the foundation in its first year, as public battles raged over the team’s controversial name, leading to $3.7 million in giving to Native American tribes. By 2016, the team’s donations had dropped by 80 percent, and the foundation’s giving similarly declined. As other outlets reported this summer, the giving dipped more in subsequent years, while donations nearly disappeared. Then, after The Post’s Will Hobson asked about harassment allegations last month, the team said it would stop finding the nonprofit altogether.

Now that the team’s name no longer is “a symbol of everything we stand for: strength courage, pride and respect” — as Snyder once wrote — it is cutting ties with the foundation, and instead will build “a philanthropic strategy that has lasting impact on our communities which includes Native American communities.”

And so why was the foundation created, if its mission so easily could be included within the team’s other charitable efforts? Why was a foundation that was once a vital piece of Snyder’s urgent “action, not words” strategy now shuffled off to the bin of discarded marketing brainstorms, even as tribal requests for help paying for coronavirus tests are denied?

Why? Because the point of every new idea this genius marketer thinks up is to calm waters still trembling from his last great idea. You didn’t like my Washington Football-branded face-eating leopard? Okay, but have you seen my Washington Football-branded face-eating leopard repellent?

Our weather-averse visor-loving coach is too flaky? We’ll find a Hogs-loving true believer. Our front-office needs a true football man? We’ll hire that out-of-work guy ESPN just profiled, the guy our fans suddenly love. Our virtually nonexistent human resources department spawned one scandal after another? Don’t worry, we’re about to make a great new human resources hire.

Our insistence that fans use our team-branded credit card to pay for their tickets is too predatory? Okay, cancel it. Our ban on signs critical of the front office is too Orwellian? Okay, cancel it. Our plan to charge for admission to watch summer practices is too unseemly? Okay, cancel it. Our refusal to take the name of an avowed racist off our stadium’s lower level is raising alarms? Okay, cancel it....

WaPo just don’t quit... the name is changed, the employees who were complicit with the harassment claims are no longer with the team, we have a minority head coach and president... we know, there has been a lot of ****tiness with this franchise in the past from the top down, but unless you have a real story can you just give it a rest and let the team and fan base lose in peace?

This Edwards guy wasn't exactly a good catch when they hired him...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/03/27/washington-redskins-orginal-americans-gary-edwards-inspector-general/6983217/

Edwards is CEO of the National Native American Law Enforcement Association (NNALEA), a nonprofit whose contract with the Bureau of Indian Affairs was scrutinized in a report by the federal Office of Inspector General. The May 2012 report said that the NNALEA took advantage of the government in a contract that called for the NNALEA to help recruit "critically needed" law enforcement officers to work in Indian Country...

The report does not mention Edwards by name, but instead refers to him as NNALEA's CEO.

"NNALEA's CEO stated that he would focus his recruitment efforts in Indian Country," the report stated. "We found that recruitment in Indian Country was ineffective, with only 22 of 514 applicants (or about 4 percent) having Indian preference."...

Oneida Indian Nation representative Ray Halbritter criticized the hiring of Edwards.

"This is part of a disturbing – but sadly not surprising – pattern of behavior," Halbritter told USA TODAY Sports. "First Mr. Snyder insisted that a dictionary-defined racial slur is a way to honor Native Americans… and now he has hired a person who has financially harmed Native Americans to run a foundation to defend his team's name. These aren't accidents – this is a systemic campaign to denigrate Native Americans, orchestrated by a team owner who will stop at nothing to keep the team's name."...

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

Hoo boy, this gets worse...I think we know why Snyder hired him in the first place!!

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/07/08/washington-foundation-abandoned-mission

“He would not be the kind of person that I would pick to run a foundation that is supposed to be structured to help the Indigenous people,” Wooten says. “The people you want running the foundation, you want them to be the kind of people that you know understand and, more than anything else, are committed to lifting the people up. … Gary Edwards would not be my guy.”

Edwards brought two assets to WROAF that might have appealed to Snyder. One was that, on the surface, he appeared to have credibility. The other: He has said in private conversations, according to three people who have been part of them, that he is comfortable being called “redskin.”...

In a precursor to his work with Washington, NNALEA colleagues say Edwards arranged for the Indian Motorcycle brand to sponsor a NNALEA reception at a National Congress of American Indians conference. Indian Motorcycles has a controversial Native American in a headdress as its logo; some attendees were appalled to see one of the motorcycles poolside at the reception.

15 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

three people who have been part of them, that he is comfortable being called “redskin.

Yeah, that's the only caveat. That and extensive experience at playing grab-ass.

17 hours ago, CTskin said:

WaPo just don’t quit... the name is changed, the employees who were complicit with the harassment claims are no longer with the team, we have a minority head coach and president... we know, there has been a lot of ****tiness with this franchise in the past from the top down, but unless you have a real story can you just give it a rest and let the team and fan base lose in peace?

No. Keep up the pressure until Snyder is gone. **** him. He has destroyed this franchise. We went from stands bouncing, chanting "We Want Dallas" to "E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!" ringing through FedEx.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3