Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

What a Christmas gift that would be...findings that result in him being forced to sell. 

 

Yep and Loverro if anything is a natural pessimist on the idea that Dan is going anywhere.  So I take that article as a glimmer of hope.

 

Cooley's theory also is the name change will take time because in case Dan has to sell it might help the value of the sale for new ownership to make that call.

 

I am not banking on it happening but its nice to have a little hope. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I think that the organization has some good people in place now. 

 

I question the owner's motives which led to those people being there. I think if he wasn't running away from some very disturbing stories, you'd still have people like Bruce Allen and Larry Michael in the building. So, in spite of the owner, there are some people who seem to know what they're doing. 

 

However, I'm still extremely uncomfortable with how many fans are able to ignore or decide not to care about all the allegations about Snyder over the past 20 years. We should be demanding that he's removed, forced to sell, or charged with crimes. It's only a matter of time before another story breaks and more dirt has been dug up. 

It's not that we don't care.  I would say 99.9% of the fans want Dan gone.  There's only .1% that probably are fine with Dan.  It's just we accept reality.  Removing an owner of a sports team, rarely happens.  It takes something really bad done by the owner themselves to remove them.   Donald Sterling was forced to sell for his racists comments.  Jerry Richardson sold the Panthers before the something was done to him.

 

The only way Dan is forced to sell, is if there's concrete proof he, himself did bad thigs.  At the moment, we don't have that.  Noone likes everything that has happened and those who have did things are no longer with the team. Changes were made. Dan is scum but unless you can pin stuff on him personally, we are stuck with him for the rest of our lives.

 

I've said earlier if all the misdeeds done under Dan are to much for you; then you have to decide whether to still support the Team or not.   I personally separate the misdeeds from rooting for the Team.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

It's not that we don't care.  I would say 99.9% of the fans want Dan gone.  There's only .1% that probably are fine with done.   It's just we accept reality.  Removing an owner of a sports team, rarely happens.  It takes something really bad done by the owner themselves to remove them.   Donald Sterling was forced to sell for his racists comments.  Jerry Richardson sold the Panthers before the something was done to him.

 

The only way Dan is forced to sell, is if there's concrete proof he, himself did bad thigs.  At the moment, we don't have that.  Noone likes everything that has happened and those who have did things are no longer with the team. Changes were made. Dan is scum but unless you can pin stuff on him personally, we are stuck with him for the rest of our lives.

 

I've said earlier if all the misdeeds done under Dan are to much for you; then you have to decide whether to still support the Team or not.   I personally separate the misdeeds from rooting for the Team.

 

But that's just it...it became too much for me and I don't watch anymore. I won't watch them again until he's gone. I don't know if it's the extraordinarily predatory things that came out this summer with the female employees and cheerleaders, or it's a cumulative effect with those things being the final straw. I watch Red Zone. I don't turn my head if they come on or anything, but I don't tune in to watch them as I had for nearly 40 years before 2020. 

 

It's hard for me to separate it anymore. I used to. Over the past 20 years I've gone from as big a homer there was to a realistic fan to now someone who finds myself not wanting good things to happen for the team because I dislike the owner too much. It was easy to separate the owner from the team for me when it was simply him being a loser or spending his money unwisely. When it started crossing over into criminal allegations and mistreatment of people, that's too much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

But that's just it...it became too much for me and I don't watch anymore. I won't watch them again until he's gone. I don't know if it's the extraordinarily predatory things that came out this summer with the female employees and cheerleaders, or it's a cumulative effect with those things being the final straw. I watch Red Zone. I don't turn my head if they come on or anything, but I don't tune in to watch them as I had for nearly 40 years before 2020. 

 

It's hard for me to separate it anymore. I used to. Over the past 20 years I've gone from as big a homer there was to a realistic fan to now someone who finds myself not wanting good things to happen for the team because I dislike the owner too much. It was easy to separate the owner from the team for me when it was simply him being a loser or spending his money unwisely. When it started crossing over into criminal allegations and mistreatment of people, that's too much. 

What you do is your choice and what other fans do is their choice.

 

You haven’t made the clean break because you are posting on a message board owned by the team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

What you do is your choice and what other fans do is their choice.

 

You haven’t made the clean break because you are posting on a message board owned by the team.

I follow the news and have an interest in the team, but I don't support them being successful. 

 

That's true, everyone makes their own decisions. I'm not asking anyone to join my cause or anything. I'm just interested to hear how people firewall the actions of the man owning the team from their interest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I follow the news and have an interest in the team, but I don't support them being successful. 

 

That's true, everyone makes their own decisions. I'm not asking anyone to join my cause or anything. I'm just interested to hear how people firewall the actions of the man owning the team from their interest.

 

The same way you watch Red Zone and firewall the fact that you're watching men from poverty abuse painkillers and give each other brain damage for the sake of amassing wealth that most of them will piss away.

 

Ultimately, you just don't really care. And neither do I. And neither does anyone else on here. Because it's entertaining and we like it. No more, no less.

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

 

The same way you watch Red Zone and firewall the fact that you're watching men from poverty abuse painkillers and give each other brain damage for the sake of amassing wealth that most of them will piss away.

 

Ultimately, you just don't really care. And neither do I. And neither does anyone else on here. Because it's entertaining and we like it. No more, no less.

 

Fair...but not a great analogy. I'd agree that I don't need every pawn on the field to be a perfect human being. Your example is pretty poor because they are aware of the risks and jeopardizing their own safety (along with the safety of other willing participants). To your point though, there are plenty of bad dudes playing football too. Men who hit women, break the law, etc. It was always easy for me to hear those cases and not root for those players individually or grit my teeth through it. 

 

But when the organization I loved as a child has fallen into a culture that has fostered, facilitated, and encouraged systemic sexual harassment, criminal treatment of its employees, and sweeping evidence of these things under the rug that's a much tougher pill to swallow for me. Every positive that happens in the draft, on the field, in free agency, with coaching hires, or with stadium announcements almost endorses or strengthens Snyder's hold on the organization. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

Fair...but not a great analogy. I'd agree that I don't need every pawn on the field to be a perfect human being. Your example is pretty poor because they are aware of the risks and jeopardizing their own safety (along with the safety of other willing participants). To your point though, there are plenty of bad dudes playing football too. Men who hit women, break the law, etc. It was always easy for me to hear those cases and not root for those players individually or grit my teeth through it. 

 

But when the organization I loved as a child has fallen into a culture that has fostered, facilitated, and encouraged systemic sexual harassment, criminal treatment of its employees, and sweeping evidence of these things under the rug that's a much tougher pill to swallow for me. Every positive that happens in the draft, on the field, in free agency, with coaching hires, or with stadium announcements almost endorses or strengthens Snyder's hold on the organization. 

 

First of all, "they are aware of the risks" is a poor counter-argument. It's like saying miners who get black lung were "aware of the risks" and "willing to jeopardize their own safety". It's technically true, but a very weak rationalization.

 

And if you don't think there is a systemic issue in the "bad apples" who are in the league and the money and machinery that enables them to stay, you're being willfully ignorant. For every Ray Rice we hear about, there are probably 10 cases we don't hear about, and of those cases I'm sure teams are aware of a good amount of them. The Bulls used to have a fund every year for Scottie Pippen to pay off various people and women to keep Pippen clean and on the court. All these teams have fixers. The teams largely know.

 

None of us here are cheering for this team because of Snyder, we're pretty much all cheering in spite of him. You're free to do whatever you want of course, but I find it odd that you ask how the rest of us are still able to watch when the answer is obvious: we like it. Do you eat meat? You know that factory farms are essentially torturing the animals, right? Do you use modern electronics? You know they're made in sweat shops in China that put suicide nets around their building to prevent people from jumping off, right?

 

We all "firewall" ourselves from the dark sides of what enables our modern lifestyles. Hell in 50 years people might be shocked that football the way it's played today was ever even legal.

Edited by CapsSkins
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

 

First of all, "they are aware of the risks" is a poor counter-argument. It's like saying miners who get black lung were "aware of the risks" and "willing to jeopardize their own safety". It's technically true, but a very weak rationalization.

 

And if you don't think there is a systemic issue in the "bad apples" who are in the league and the money and machinery that enables them to stay, you're being willfully ignorant. For every Ray Rice we hear about, there are probably 10 cases we don't hear about, and of those cases I'm sure teams are aware of a good amount of them. The Bulls used to have a fund every year for Scottie Pippen to pay off various people and women to keep Pippen clean and on the court. All these teams have fixers. The teams largely know.

 

None of us here are cheering for this team because of Snyder, we're pretty much all cheering in spite of him. You're free to do whatever you want of course, but I find it odd that you ask how the rest of us are still able to watch when the answer is obvious: we like it. Do you eat meat? You know that factory farms are essentially torturing the animals, right? Do you use modern electronics? You know they're made in sweat shops in China that put suicide nets around their building to prevent people from jumping off, right?

 

We all "firewall" ourselves from the dark sides of what enables our modern lifestyles. Hell in 50 years people might be shocked that football the way it's played today was ever even legal.

 

Thanks for the response...this doesn't need to be adversarial. Your Ray Rice example is a good one. Because if an individual player is found doing the things Snyder did, they are held accountable. If Alex Smith had filmed cheerleaders during a closed photo shoot and passed around copies to his friends on the team (and the story got out), don't you think he'd be cut or suspended or blackballed? I do. 

 

Snyder doesn't. It's wrong and that's my threshold. I want them to lose so that these allegations and crimes aren't overshadowed by a successful season that washes all the gross behavior out of the news cycle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

Thanks for the response...this doesn't need to be adversarial. Your Ray Rice example is a good one. Because if an individual player is found doing the things Snyder did, they are held accountable. If Alex Smith had filmed cheerleaders during a closed photo shoot and passed around copies to his friends on the team (and the story got out), don't you think he'd be cut or suspended or blackballed? I do. 

 

Snyder doesn't. It's wrong and that's my threshold. I want them to lose so that these allegations and crimes aren't overshadowed by a successful season that washes all the gross behavior out of the news cycle. 

 

That's totally your prerogative. I initially responded bc you essentially posed the question as to how the rest of us could bear to watch amid all the unsavory behavior. Like I said, we all have our blind spots as to what we'll ignore, explicitly or implicitly, for the sake of our lifestyles. For some it's football, for some it's not, but for everyone it's something. Especially if you live in a developed country like the United States. How you choose to manage yours is squarely your business and none of mine, so if you've made a decision about that regarding this football team I surely won't try to persuade you otherwise.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

 

That's totally your prerogative. I initially responded bc you essentially posed the question as to how the rest of us could bear to watch amid all the unsavory behavior. Like I said, we all have our blind spots as to what we'll ignore, explicitly or implicitly, for the sake of our lifestyles. For some it's football, for some it's not, but for everyone it's something. Especially if you live in a developed country like the United States. How you choose to manage yours is squarely your business and none of mine, so if you've made a decision about that regarding this football team I surely won't try to persuade you otherwise.

 

Understood...I'm not asking anyone to stand arm-in-arm with me and protest. Rather I'm trying to understand the mindset. I appreciate your perspective. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

Thanks for the response...this doesn't need to be adversarial. Your Ray Rice example is a good one. Because if an individual player is found doing the things Snyder did, they are held accountable. If Alex Smith had filmed cheerleaders during a closed photo shoot and passed around copies to his friends on the team (and the story got out), don't you think he'd be cut or suspended or blackballed? I do. 

 

Snyder doesn't. It's wrong and that's my threshold. I want them to lose so that these allegations and crimes aren't overshadowed by a successful season that washes all the gross behavior out of the news cycle. 

Yep

 

Now about that cheerleaders shoot... Was that hypothetical or...?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I'm sure I'm being dense...sorry! I just meant that if one of the players had done what Snyder either did or allowed (from this summer's articles) then he'd have faced repercussions. Snyder has not. 


Yeah I was just kidding around about the cheerleaders

 

All seriousness Snyder should be the one punished not the team.  It would be different if this like involved the whole team and maybe even fans  were getting cheerleaders as escorts.  

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Unless there’s proof that Snyder himself did these things; nothing will happen to Danny.

 

Well, I'm hoping we get that. There is plenty of smoke and already plenty of people willing to spill the beans on what they know. A few former employees came forward with the tape to begin with, so I have to believe that tracing that back to Snyder (either his direction or his knowledge) is certainly possible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I get your feelings, TD. I've been close to that as well, and yet I still instinctively root for the team and continue to, despite my feelings of utter disdain for Snyder. Not just for him, but for his entire inner circle and the stooges who still lie for him. 

 

I still haven't wavered on my feelings for what's to come. This is going to sound a little goofy, but I "know someone who knows someone" who's directly involved with some of this stuff, so I occasionally hear things. Feel free to take that with a grain of salt, and I'm not privy to any "huge" revelations, but I've gotten some basic insight into some of the things going on. 

 

Basically, the NFL investigation, whatever it yields, will NOT be the end of all this. And just because things have been very quiet lately doesn't mean there isn't stuff going on behind the scenes. My personal feeling is that the NFL Investigation will yield some nasty allegations and lead to Snyder being pretty much even more condemned and reviled than he already is (if that's even possible), but I personally don't think there's enough to force him out at this point. I truly hope I'm wrong, but most of the stuff that I'm AWARE of that's out there is damning of his character, but not enough to make the owners kick him out of their club. Again, I hope I'm wrong, and I know it's not like he's even well-liked by many there. 

 

That said, where this thing will get interesting is with the video issue. To me, that is the last real chance to pin something on Snyder bad enough to force him out. If it can be proven that he ordered those videos to be made - over multiple years - I think that, combined with whatever this investigation yields, may well be enough to finally bring down the axe. 

 

The thing is, that's going to take people to talk, more people than the ones in that Post article from awhile back. It's probably going to take Larry Michael to talk, because, as it stands now, he's the one who has been named firsthand by people as asking for these to be made. Snyder's involvement amounts to people second hand saying, "Larry said Snyder asked for these" or "he said Larry said Snyder asked for these." 

 

Putting my cards on the table, I fully believe Snyder asked for these based on what's been reported and other things I've been told. I firmly believe the employees in the first article who were accused of editing these and denied it are lying. I firmly believe Larry is lying through his teeth. What inevitably happens will be based on what these people end up doing. If some of them grow a conscience and tell the truth, that could be very damning to Snyder. If Larry mans up and tells the truth, that would be devastating. I would say the latter happening is incredibly unlikely EXCEPT for the fact that, it seems to me, there's a pretty damn strong case already against Larry as being the one who asked for these videos to be made. If it looks like he's going to take the fall, will he be willing to do that, or will he cut a deal of some sort? Who knows what sort of "parachute" he has as a result of what he knows. I'd imagine it's pretty golden. 

 

So what I'm saying is, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for the NFL investigation to bring about what we all want. But there's still a chance even after that, especially when people like Gloria Allred get involved in all this, which will be happening at some point. If they can pin those videos on Snyder, I think he'll be done. Remains to be seen of course, but that's where the best hope lies, imo. I imagine a lot of things will kick into higher gear once that investigation finishes. Apparently they are set to finish in about a month or so and have spoken with MANY people. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...