Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

5 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

And from Wright himself: “I have been fully empowered by the Snyders to do my job as I see fit. ... I think it is important for the media to make that clear: this organization changed years ago and is a model for what committed leadership can do to transform a workplace when problems are raised to their attention. We are today a far more diverse and inclusive team, with women and people of color holding more than 40 percent of our senior leadership positions.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/commanders/news/veiled-racism-jason-wright-hiring-dan-snyder-commanders-attorney-exclusive-dirt-jerry-jones-ron-rivera-carson-wentz

This is why getting quotes from underlings is so useless...what did they EXPECT him to say?? "Yes it's true. I don't deserve this job."??

🤷‍♂️and we can continue to be an example of diversity with a new owner, none of that requires or has anything to do with Snyder’s “leadership”. He still deserves judgement, punishment, and to pay a price for decades of evil. This is of course ignoring that Snyder never stopped hounding people with PI’s and lawyers and has obviously not personally changed at all—only other people in his organization, under force, seemingly changed for a short period of time so far. It’s not any sort of pass or gold sticker moment. It’s like a murderer arguing he found god and reformed a couple years ago after he’s finally caught for a murder he committed a decade earlier. Cool, good for your personal journey, it should help you sit with and process what you’ve done. But that’s not how justice works. Buh bye. 

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

And from Wright himself: “We are today a far more diverse and inclusive team, with women and people of color holding more than 40 percent of our senior leadership positions.”

WOW!  That settles everything!

Cooley apparently addresses his not attending the "homecoming" game further on today's Sheehan podcast.

3 hours ago, profusion said:

Most of us probably went through that phase. You almost have to believe it to justify remaining a fan.

Also, it's reasonable to think that a guy in his 30s would grow into the job. His complete lack of growth or evolution is actually quite amazing. He seems to be the same **** he was 20 years ago.

Mentally Dan is a child.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 86 Snyder said:

He’s actually gotten worse.  So, so much worse.  At least young Dan’s faults were over enthusiasm toward acquiring talent and trying to win.  He was a total idiot about it, but money was no object and he was always ready to recruit and write a check.

I now wonder how much of that was propaganda. I mean, he's always been willing to write a big check when it would generate publicity. However, my sense is that he was willing to let everything else under the surface deteriorate rather than spend $$$$ to be a first-class organization. It just had to *look* good at a glance.

I recall an article some years ago (maybe around the time Shanahan was hired) talking about how threadbare Redskins Park seemed in comparison to other NFL team facilities.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Who Leaked? 

The source of the leaked emails obtained during the course of the first NFL outside investigation into the Commanders has been debated for months. The Commanders and Snyder — who faced five new investigations after the emails were published — have also denied being the

source. “Somebody wanted Gruden out,” a source told FOS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Who Leaked? 

The source of the leaked emails obtained during the course of the first NFL outside investigation into the Commanders has been debated for months. The Commanders and Snyder — who faced five new investigations after the emails were published — have also denied being the

source. “Somebody wanted Gruden out,” a source told FOS.

It is hard for me to get my head around the effect of this action will impact the NFL/Snyder relationship and the potential for Snyder to be gone.  It is like adding an unlabeled spice to the pot of soup and hoping it turns out the way I want. 🤔

:229:The Rook

I agree that it's more than the investigations that he should leave. Another reason for us is that Snyder prevents any competent coaches and GM's from wanting to come here. There are a lot of them in the circle that hate him also. They're not going to waste their time and careers with this guy. It's just not fair to the fans who are looking for improvement in the FO. And I still say he won't get any stadium deal anywhere. 

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2022/10/21/washington-dc-radio-host-kevin-sheehan-snyder-has-to-go-washington-commanders/

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

It's obvious to me that someone working for Snyder, maybe a lawyer, leaked the emails. When that comes out, prepare for Team Snyder to claim it was a rogue employee who acted without orders.

Cue more drama!

Exactly. They did it to try to hurt Bruce but it is going to backfire. If they can trace it to someone in Dan’s camp, that should serve as a nail in his coffin

4 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

It's obvious to me that someone working for Snyder, maybe a lawyer, leaked the emails. When that comes out, prepare for Team Snyder to claim it was a rogue employee who acted without orders.

Cue more drama!

Except if it was a lawyer with any sense they’d get it in writing one way or another. That might not protect your bar card

45 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Except if it was a lawyer with any sense they’d get it in writing one way or another. That might not protect your bar card

I believe you missed the irony in the post you quoted :)

There's two things you need to leak emails.

1 - Be aware that those emails exists and what they're containing. Be it by being a CC, or someone told ya.

2 - Have access, one way or another to Bruce Allen's emails.

If both things aren't checked, then leak never happens.

On 10/20/2022 at 11:20 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

U knew from the first summer of ownership Dan was scum.

When Snyder went and signed Deion sanders and Jeff George,  especially the Jeff George signing (because Brad Johnson was a quality dude).  it raised my eyebrows.

When snyder fired schottenheimer after one season after what Schottenheimer had accomplished and the direction he had the team going because  Dan wanted to be involved in the football side of things and Marty said get lost, I really had my doubts.

when Snyder sued the season ticket holders, I knew for sure he was scum, so I’ve been shaking my head about this team since late 2008

Edited by ananoman
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, dyst said:

I wish I could go back to those old discussions about Snyder to see who here used to fiercely defended, just to get a good laugh and ask those people some questions.

Still here. Scared money don't make money.

That was a long time ago...many scandals ago...and now he's broke...

However, Jones raised an interesting point that may be a reprieve for Rivera and his coaching staff come the end of the season: the Commanders may be tight on cash.

“But I do know that they aren’t in the greatest financial situation, word is around the league that they might not be able to afford to pay two coaching staffs,” Jones told Team 980. “[To] fire one and then pay them the rest [of their contracts] and then have to pay somebody else.

“So, performance, but also money has a lot to do with this as well.”

https://www.audacy.com/theteam980/sports/washington-commanders/play-and-money-will-factor-into-commanders-rivera-decision

19 hours ago, tshile said:

So we need to decide some things. 

when the vote is announced are we gonna treat it like the bin Ladin announcement and start amassing in DC and just start an organic and spontaneous parade?

or are we going to try to pick a day (like that Saturday)?

I am down for the spontaneous parade immediately following the announcement but there has to be enough people to draw everyone else out. 

I definitely want a ****ing parade on TV when he’s gone. The rest of the country needs to see exactly how serious we are and have been about this. 

I want that ****er to literally have “and they threw an actual parade when he left” tied to his Wikipedia page and legacy for the rest of his life. 

And his childrens lives. 

We can sing ding dong the witch is dead 

I expect something spontaneous at minimum.

So if folks start massing at FedEx, I'm taking PTO and taking one of the kiddos with me if I have to.

Team,

I have a personal matter I need to attend and will be leaving work early today.  I should be back tomorrow for my normal hours.

Apologies for the short notice, thank you for your patience and understanding.

Now...let's ride... : )

7579.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Sheehan on “Disheveled Dan”, the MJW investigation, the state of the franchise and MOST CRITICALLY what needs to be done.

Great read by a passionate man who once loved the team as much as any one of us only to see it mismanaged into the league’s undisputed embarrassment and laughingstock both on and off the field:

Kevin Sheehan: 'Snyder has to go!'

“This can’t be about the Mary Jo White investigation.”

Kevin Sheehan has had enough of the Daniel Snyder drama and investigations.

Voicing his displeasure with Snyder and the NFL process, Sheehan on his Wednesday podcast was a great listen.

Sheehan declared Mary Jo White is investigating matters that are “purely he-said, she-said” and that Jason Friedman, former franchise business employee, “has lied under oath,” and that “it is possible that Mary Jo White may conclude nothing.”

The lifelong Washington (teams) sports fan then lit into why the NFL should rid themselves of Snyder. Here are some excerpts.

“Nothing that she finds is going to take away from the FACTS that it was a very toxic workplace culture as Beth Wilkinson concluded and Roger Goodell stated when they fined the team $10M and gave Snyder a quasi-suspension.”

“The importance of all of this, and the emphasis on this should be why a once-profitable, passionate, incredible NFL market of fans is now gone! And it is not coming back until he leaves, whether her investigation produces something or not.”

“The big picture is this market is gone, as an NFL market! It doesn’t exist anymore in terms of anything remotely resembling what it was. The league knows that. That is why they want him out. Every owner knows it; that’s why they want him out. A lot of the owners don’t like him personally, and there is a personal animus involved in this as well. Which by the way, you should separate.”

“Bottom line is, they can’t get this market back until he leaves. A new stadium is not going to do it. Mary Jo White’s investigation is not going to do it. Winning isn’t going to do it.”

lThe name change was basically the death knell for a lot of people whether Snyder is here or not. I do understand a lot of people are never coming back. That was the final nail in the coffin.”

“If the league wants any part of resuscitating any part of this market, turning it (back) into a revenue generator, and having it be a market they can be proud of in the nation’s capital, he has to go.”

“He is a bad owner and incompetent owner. One of the worst in the history of professional sports. He has ruined what was once something very sacred and special to a major city, the nation’s capital.”

“It is an embarrassment to the league. It is an under-performer. But so were the New York Knicks for many years, and so were the Cardinals for years. It is very hard to run someone who wants to be here (NFL) for being incompetent… So I am still skeptical that this is going to lead to his ouster.”

They need to convince him to sell. He can sell the team, and the owners need to pass the hat around and come up with an extra half billion dollars, and get him out…’Here, this is what we will do if you will leave.’ I don’t think he is going to. I think his heels are dug in.”

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Conn said:

And from Wright himself: “I have been fully empowered by the Snyders to do my job as I see fit. ... I think it is important for the media to make that clear: this organization changed years ago and is a model for what committed leadership can do to transform a workplace when problems are raised to their attention. We are today a far more diverse and inclusive team, with women and people of color holding more than 40 percent of our senior leadership positions.”

This reeks of Bruce Allen's 'fans should be excited because we're winning off the field' type of blather.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, method man said:

Art?

Ha, say his name 3 times and he will probably appear.  Yes he fiercely defended Snyder and Cerrato and talked down to anyone who dared criticize those boobs.  Like they were playing 3D-chess while the rest of the league was playing checkers.  It would be fun to go back and read some of those old threads.

• Like 1