Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

57 minutes ago, profusion said:

Heaven forfend that one should have to merely watch football at a football stadium. 

Given the on-the-field product lately, however...

Ted has it at CapitalOne. The wizards stink, but the Caps have a pretty good on-ice record over the past 15 years and a great atmosphere.  

It's good business.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

FedEx Field pipes to burst and spray ticket holders with poop.  -230

Is there a separate spread for pee? Who poops at a football game? The pipe bursting is a given. The resulting spray is where the money is made.

Edited by SoCalSkins

22 minutes ago, Conn said:

That's pretty cool.

When I was a season ticket holder I got sheets of physical tickets that you tore off one by one, being paranoid about damaging them

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/files/2013/07/skinstickets713a.jpg

That was a while ago tho. No idea how we do it now-a-days

Edited by FootballZombie

Jon Gruden’s agent decries “hit job,” believes Gruden will coach again

“This wasn’t good for anybody,” Lamonte said of the fact that a small number of emails that Gruden sent to former Washington executive Bruce Allen were leaked to the media at a time when everything else about the investigation of Daniel Snyder’s franchise was, and still is, largely cloaked in secrecy. “That’s why he ended up suing the NFL and [Commissioner Roger] Goodell — because everyone knows it was wrong. You have 650,000 e-mails and his six were picked out . . . and he wasn’t even in the league. He prevailed in court and he will prevail again.”

Gruden won in court on the preliminary question of whether the case will be required to go to arbitration. The NFL undoubtedly will appeal that as far and long as it can, delaying the case for not months but years. Eventually, if the case remains in court, the identity of the leaker will be revealed. Although Gruden thinks it was Goodell, others think it was Snyder. The universe of potential suspects is small, because not many people had access to the information.

19 hours ago, Conn said:

Gruden will never coach in the NFL again. He also shouldn’t, even setting aside his ****ty opinions, because the game had passed him by. 

I do agree he should stay away from the NFL. Besides that, he needs to win his trial and moreover find someone who would be willing to hire him, both being longshots.

I'm not sure Goodell is responsible for the leaks, I see him more like a someone who wants to fly under the radar than someone with such an evil and vindictive personnality. Last but not least I'm surprised no one interviewed/summoned brucifer !

Edited by FrFan

17 hours ago, samy316 said:
This is great.  Hopefully this keeps happening until the day Dan dies or sells the team.  The difference between 1st to 2nd is greater than the difference between 2nd and 10th.  Truly remarkable.

And it's probably not counting the 20k seats taken out over the years, which would make it even worse. They used to claim 93000 or something back when the fans actually showed up.

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Thumb up 1

I don't doubt Rivera and Wright transformed the working experience there, both exude class -- sadly though the head boss always looms to impinge on that progress and ultimately he sadly always does, if past is prologue its just a matter of time. 

I do think removing Bruce helps though -- Dan is toxic enough on his own but the Batman and Robin toxic combination of Dan and Bruce arguably is what finished off this team as far as being a flagship franchise. 

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't doubt Rivera and Wright transformed the working experience there, both exude class -- sadly though the head boss always looms to impinge on that progress and ultimately he sadly always does, if past is prologue its just a matter of time. 

I do think removing Bruce helps though -- Dan is toxic enough on his own but the Batman and Robin toxic combination of Dan and Bruce arguably is what finished off this team as far as being a flagship franchise. 

Idk to be honest. I’ve dealt with a few more people in that building recently and I’d go to bat for them any day of the week. There are some good people in there doing an incredible job to try and turn it around. Now not saying as you said Dan couldnt come in and ruin it all he could but IF god forbid he can stay out of the way and let people do their jobs there are people in the building outside of just Jason and Ron that are really trying to help turn this around 

13 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Idk to be honest. I’ve dealt with a few more people in that building recently and I’d go to bat for them any day of the week. There are some good people in there doing an incredible job to try and turn it around. Now not saying as you said Dan couldnt come in and ruin it all he could but IF god forbid he can stay out of the way and let people do their jobs there are people in the building outside of just Jason and Ron that are really trying to help turn this around 

Your point has zero to do with mine though.

I've done stuff on and off via the Redskins Charitable Foundation for eons.  Watched practices.  Met people in that building multiple times.  Heck I even got to do a phone call years back with Lafemina.   A bunch of cool people who work there.  So your experience isn't a revelation to me.  I don't doubt a bunch of cool people work there, i've mentioned the same in the past -- some super cool people work there and not just in recent years but for a long time. 

My point is the employees don't set the culture.  Dan does.  There is a reason why that building has had major turnover over the years -- and that reason isn't because the building is littered with mini Dans (by most accounts, plenty of nice people work there) -- the reason is Dan ultimately gets his fingers involved and runs that building from a place of scapegoating and fear.  That's well documented.

The idea that THIS time its different. And THIS time Dan won't impinge on the culture in the building.  That's an old narrative too. I've heard the same story for each regime and it hasn't lasted.  So, I'll believe it when it unfolds.  I am not buying the 23rd time or whatever Dan is up to in his ownership is when he finally gets it.  It's possible but IMO its very unlikely though.  And from the accounts of how he's handled the investigation, doesn't feel like he's changed much.  Will see. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Your point has zero to do with mine though.

I've done stuff on and off via the Redskins Charitable Foundation for eons.  Watched practices.  Met people in that building multiple times.  Heck I even got to do a phone call years back with Lafemina.   A bunch of cool people who work there.  So your experience isn't a revelation to me.  I don't doubt a bunch of cool people work there, i've mentioned the same in the past -- some super cool people work there and not just in recent years but for a long time. 

My point is the employees don't set the culture.  Dan does.  There is a reason why that building has had major turnover over the years -- and that reason isn't because the building is littered with mini Dans (by most accounts, plenty of nice people work there) -- the reason is Dan ultimately gets his fingers involved and runs that building from a place of scapegoating and fear.  That's well documented.

The idea that THIS time its different. And THIS time Dan won't impinge on the culture in the building.  That's an old narrative too. I've heard the same story for each regime and it hasn't lasted.  So, I'll believe it when it unfolds.  I am not buying the 23rd time or whatever Dan is up to in his ownership is when he finally gets it.  It's possible but IMO its very unlikely though.  And from the accounts of how he's handled the investigation, doesn't feel like he's changed much.  Will see. 

My point was more in reference to the top sentence in that it goes beyond just the working experience there. And I agree about Dan hence me saying IF Dan let’s people do their jobs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

Anyone that falls for the “Dan has really changed” narrative is a fool.

The 2019 season kicked off a chain of events where Dan was forced to make decisions he didn't want to make, starting with the firing of Bruce Allen and shortly thereafter - changing the name, then came the sexual harassment allegations.  The 'changes' were not his idea, because he identified issues that needed to be fixed - they were forced upon him.  It's only a matter of time as a tiger doesn't change his stripes.  Anyone falling for this 'we're a changed organization now' schtick is simply a glutton for punishment.  

Rivera and Wright have done a hell of a job trying to rid Ashburn of the stench of Bruce Allen, and due to a variety of circumstances - Dan has been less prevalent.  But it's only a matter of time before the heat gets turned down and Dan and also Tanya, start putting their fingerprints all over the toy again.  I understand folks have qualms with both Rivera for his coaching, personnel, etc. and Wright for his screw-ups along the way - but what I'm talking about is separate from that - what I'm talking about is what that article is about, that they've instituted a positive culture.  A positive culture that Dan can ruin with the snap of his fingers as soon as he feels the heat is off him and he's ready to resume his regular activities.  What fun is it for him, to have any modicum of success, if what makes it successful is his lack of involvement? 

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The 2019 season kicked off a chain of events where Dan was forced to make decisions he didn't want to make, starting with the firing of Bruce Allen and shortly thereafter - changing the name, then came the sexual harassment allegations.  The 'changes' were not his idea, because he identified issues - they were forced upon him.  It's only a matter of time as a tiger doesn't change his stripes.  Anyone falling for this 'we're a changed organization now' schtick is simply a glutton for punishment.  

Rivera and Wright have done a hell of a job trying to rid Ashburn of the stench of Bruce Allen, and due to a variety of circumstances - Dan has been less prevalent.  But it's only a matter of time before the heat gets turned down and Dan and also Tanya, start putting their fingerprints all over the toy again.  I understand folks have qualms with both Rivera for his coaching, personnel, etc. and Wright for his screw-ups along the way - but what I'm talking about is separate from that - what I'm talking about is what that article is about, that they've instituted a positive culture.  A positive culture that Dan can ruin with the snap of his fingers as soon as he feels the heat is off him and he's ready to resume his regular activities.

Yeah, that's a good point. It's really irrelevant what minor nitpicks people have with Wright. At some point, Snyder will ooze back into the day-to-day operations and things will go back to how they were. 

So, if they are at a C- level now because he's gone...who cares? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Yeah, that's a good point. It's really irrelevant what minor nitpicks people have with Wright. At some point, Snyder will ooze back into the day-to-day operations and things will go back to how they were. 

So, if they are at a C- level now because he's gone...who cares? 

Here's a quick timeline:

May 2018: Brian La Femina hired (rumors are the NFL forced him on Snyder)

December 2018: La Femina fired

July 2019: WP article states 40 staffers left after La Femina was fired

December 2019: Bruce Allen fired

January 2020: Ron Rivera hired as head coach

July 2020: WP article about sexual harassment of female staffers and cheerleaders

July 2020: WFT name replaces Redskins

August 2020: Commanders hire Jason Wright as team president (rumors are the NFL forced him on Snyder too)

I won't list all the blunders Wright has made since then...I agree that he's likely a good guy but is hamstrung by Snyder's ongoing meddling.

This season will officially mark the point in time, in league years, when Dan Snyder has owned the (now renamed) team longer than JKC did! Unless his boat capsizes! Just saying, anything can happen, and somebody might even write a song about it. 

Did Rogue Waves Sink Edmund Fitzgerald? - Lake Scientist 

That thing capsized in a lake, so there's a chance, even in the Mediterranean. There might even be some pirates about. The Russians might do something crazy.

JKC 1974-1996. Died in 1997 before the NFL season. 

Doofus Dan 1999-2021 (so far) 

JKC, fired HOF head coach George Allen, then proceeded to collect 3 Lombardi Trophies in 4 Super Bowls. 16 of 23 winning seasons.

Doofus Dan, fired a loser of a coach in Norv Turner, but later hired unemployed Bruce Allen, and proceeded to win the largest fine in NFL History (10M) and a single playoff game in 23 NFL seasons with the return of our HOF coach under JKC (1999 gets an asterisk). Has never sniffed a non-purchased SB trophy.

He's hired a lot of unemployed coaches as well. Shanahan, Schottenheimer, Rivera, Gibbs. But never an up and coming OC or DC as head coach, which are actually the guys winning most of the SB's over the past 23 years. In fact, 3 of the winningest NFL coaches the past several seasons coached for his team in the past decade. How is it possible to fail so hard? 

It's an actual talent! Maybe it's his superpower!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

He's hired a lot of unemployed coaches as well. Shanahan, Schottenheimer, Rivera, Gibbs. But never an up and coming OC or DC as head coach, which are actually the guys winning most of the SB's over the past 23 years. In fact, 3 of the winningest NFL coaches the past several seasons coached for his team in the past decade. How is it possible to fail so hard?

I think Gruden was still regarded as an up and coming OC when we hired him.

While Dan is still a doofus and the Haskins pick a few years ago is an example of his continued meddling, the narrative of him being too quick to fire coaches is something that was more a feature of his first decade of ownership than this one. I don't think Gruden gets 5+ years in Dan's first decade of ownership.

Yeah you might be 1/2 right about Gruden but that team was pretty stacked and never won a playoff game. Probably not Gruden's fault since Marvin Lewis never won over almost 2 decades. I'd put Gruden somewhere in between Scott Turner and maybe Brian Daboll. Of course he may have been a good coach somewhere else where he wasn't neutered by Allen and Snyder, anchored by Haslett and Dingleberry.