Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Jason Wright has been given the benefit of the doubt much more so than most by a lot of fans. We all know the reasons why, but the fact is he has shown himself to be in way over his head on numerous occasions already. I can’t tell you whether the problem is Wrights incompetence, the stench of Snyder trickling down, or both. But does it really matter? Incompetence and arrogance will always be the “culture“ as long as snidely owns the team. Apologies in advance to any of you who are offended by that obvious truth.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

This might be the one time ever, where I side with the team in regards to media/team coverage.  I thought the reporter saying “Philly didn’t want you, Indy didn’t want you” was unprofessional.  Dudes whole vibe did come across as pompous and in terms of reporter player/rapport came across as disrespectful to me.

That said, Jason Wright really had nothing to gain by tweeting in response to this.  Just an all around bad look by everyone but Wentz.

3 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Jason Wright has been given the benefit of the doubt much more so than most by a lot of fans. We all know the reasons why

It’s clear as day what you are implying here.  Do better.

But at the same time, I’m wondering what planet you live on.  I constantly see folks throwing darts at Wright and see very little benefit of doubt given to him by most fans.  Folks have been hating on this dude regularly.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This might be the one time ever, where I side with the team in regards to media/team coverage.  I thought the reporter saying “Philly didn’t want you, Indy didn’t want you” was unprofessional.  Dudes whole vibe did come across as pompous and in terms of reporter player/rapport came across as disrespectful to me.

That said, Jason Wright really had nothing to gain by tweeting in response to this.  Just an all around bad look by everyone but Wentz.

I think the reporter set it up that way knowing that Wentz was going to answer classy.  I also think it fits with his general, "you know there's a narrative" framing.  Wentz definitely comes out looking great and Wright looks the worst, IMO.  Just like that stupid tweet he put out with the snowman peeing on the cowboys logo for us to get rekt that next day.  Unprofessional.

1 minute ago, DJHJR86 said:

Just like that stupid tweet he put out with the snowman peeing on the cowboys logo for us to get rekt that next day.  Unprofessional.

I agree on the first part of your post, but this one I don’t. Nothing wrong with a different opinion on that though. To me, I want any member of our team to have that passion for the rivalry, that hatred of the cowboys.

I’m guessing if the teams seasons were reversed at that point (us at 9-5 going into that game, and the cowboys at 6-8 going into that game), that fans wouldn’t have hated that tweet. they would’ve been laughing about it probably. 

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s clear as day what you are implying here.  Do better.

But at the same time, I’m wondering what planet you live on.  I constantly see folks throwing darts at Wright and see very little benefit of doubt given to him by most fans.  Folks have been hating on this dude regularly.

I agree the line comes across as unprofessional. But i also think honestly the line of questioning at this point from the media here is unprofessional youve had how many chances to talk to wentz and ask that question? and it has been asked how many times at this point? theres nothing new to gain there at this point and the reporter knows that. especially 2 days before the teams first preseason game. its like being asked about your exes constantly while youre at your wedding rehearsal dinner at some point it just becomes disrespectful. 

• Like 2

I've been down on Jason Wright, but I don't think he's Dan Snyder-lite just because he got defensive of the team's QB. For me to say he's becoming like Snyder, he'd have to be getting defensive about how the media treats himself and the team overall. That didn't happen. He came to the defense of another human being, Carson Wentz, who's getting treated worse than a junkie who everyone expects is going to relapse. Does Jason's tweet come off as whining? A bit, yeah. But that's his way of looking out for a team player who just had a reporter effectively ask 'Nobody wants you. Is this the end of you being important to anyone?' It's a clown question. But to "resolve" it through Twitter was more unprofessional than I'd have expected from someone with a background as highly praised as his.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I agree on the first part of your post, but this one I don’t. Nothing wrong with a different opinion on that though. To me, I want any member of our team to have that passion for the rivalry, that hatred of the cowboys.

I wouldn't have cared if he posted it after a victory.  He did it hours prior to getting destroyed 56 to 14.

it doesn't matter. Jason lost this one when he hit send. If he didn't comment and maybe a few other reporters and bloggers did, it might not have been a non-stop topic today. Now it is and you have fans saying Wentz handled it well, and bringing up that Jason didn't do Wentz any favors with his tweet.

His B-School professors and instructors probably cringe when Team or Organization Presidents make these mistakes.

11 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I've been down on Jason Wright, but I don't think he's Dan Snyder-lite just because he got defensive of the team's QB. For me to say he's becoming like Snyder, he'd have to be getting defensive about how the media treats himself and the team overall. That didn't happen. He came to the defense of another human being, Carson Wentz, who's getting treated worse than a junkie who everyone expects is going to relapse. Does Jason's tweet come off as whining? A bit, yeah. But that's his way of looking out for a team player who just had a reporter effectively ask 'Nobody wants you. Is this the end of you being important to anyone?' It's a clown question. But to "resolve" it through Twitter was more unprofessional than I'd have expected from someone with a background as highly praised as his.

Whether he’s being truthful or not I don’t know he did say they’d had private conversations about being respectful and enough was enough. Said there’s a difference between asking tough questions and outright disrespect 

1 hour ago, DJHJR86 said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the questions he asked.  This fraud wants to talk about "pompous, unprofessional" messes?!  Does he know who he works for?  The love this guy got was absolutely mind boggling to me.  He was Woke Bruce Allen from day 1.  Another yes man to Snyder, who knew how to appeal to those on Twitter.

Here we go with the team not providing the same access to the media members they don't like....who had year 3 of Rivera on their Bingo cards? 

Not to interrupt the Jason Wright-bashing, but my heart skipped a beat when I saw the picture of the superyacht that was on fire:

SEC_119012369-45ed.jpg?quality=90&strip=

Superyacht worth £20,000,000 goes up in flames a month after being delivered | Metro News

Superyacht worth £20,000,000 goes up in flames a month after being delivered

Too bad it wasn't Snyder's....😒

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Certainly seems like an interview you'd expect from the 106.7 crew.  Can't imagine if George Michael, Frank Herzog, or Glen Brenner were covering the team these days they would've asked a question that way.  Or John Keim from current day.  

I agree with those who think Jason Wright should be above the fray. I read/heard he has reached out to this guy directly and privately before. Would've been better if he did that again if he felt he had to stick up for his guy.  The topic definitely got more play because of that and not because the guy asked a question that has been discussed ad nauseam since the trade. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I'm pro Wright. I've been saying it (especially on Twitter) for a while. This town is just trying to rile up hatred his way and live in these negative hyped stories. Why wasn't Fitzpatrick who was in 14 different places asked these type of questions? Why wasn't Bradford? Its just lazy journalism. Then when you get to the actual wording and its like he just asked dude from Ant Man or The Punisher how he feels about his entire family being killed. This is not normal and should not be applauded. I appreciate Wright for saying to stop it. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

it doesn't matter. Jason lost this one when he hit send. If he didn't comment and maybe a few other reporters and bloggers did, it might not have been a non-stop topic today. Now it is and you have fans saying Wentz handled it well, and bringing up that Jason didn't do Wentz any favors with his tweet.

His B-School professors and instructors probably cringe when Team or Organization Presidents make these mistakes.

Really ? I think the opposite. I’m far from a Jason Wright full on supporter but I think he nailed this, total BS questioning on Wentz to stir ****. I’ll take the fact that was called out.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'm pro Wright. I've been saying it (especially on Twitter) for a while. This town is just trying to rile up hatred his way and live in these negative hyped stories. Why wasn't Fitzpatrick who was in 14 different places asked these type of questions? Why wasn't Bradford? Its just lazy journalism. Then when you get to the actual wording and its like he just asked dude from Ant Man or The Punisher how he feels about his entire family being killed. This is not normal and should not be applauded. I appreciate Wright for saying to stop it. 

I agree with this. Some are going to kill me for this but I do subscribe to some of the media negativity at this point. Now am I like some who think the media is the reason the fan base is the way it is? Nope.  Do I think there are a lot of times the organization has done it to themselves and at times earns it? Yup. My issue is at this point is they look for things to be negative about and the good that does happen goes largely ignored. I’m not someone who wants the media to suck up all the time but just be fair and balanced in your reporting and I feel like out of a select few you’re not getting that right now 

• Like 1

Uh, I must be missing something here...What was so bad about the questions?....and I'm generally anti media.

Jason Wright has been mostly a disaster.    It's like I've said before, it sometimes feels like people come here to sabotage Snyder and the franchise.

Edited by FLSkinz83

32 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Really ? I think the opposite. I’m far from a Jason Wright full on supporter but I think he nailed this, total BS questioning on Wentz to stir ****. I’ll take the fact that was called out.

If he ignored it and they privately commended Wentz for how he handled that, it would have gone farther towards their whole culture thing. His tweets made it the topic of the day. Without that, I probably wouldn't be more than a min or 2 per sportstalk show with nobody caring because Wentz responded so well. 

• Like 1

Jason is only here because the nfl imposed him on Dan. After the MJW investigation is out and nothing really happens to Dan; Dan will start to reassert control.

Jason will be given the boot and I am dead serious when I say, Tanya will take his place. Especially since Dan himself is being investigated; Dan will say look- I put a woman in that position and since it’s my wife; none of the past stuff can occur again.

If Carson is a bust and we gave the usual 6-7 win season; if Ron returns, Dan will strip him of the control. Ron will just be the coach. He will then shake up the Gm team. Mayhew may stay since he was a former Redskin. Dan will have a say in personnel matters again.

If Ron doesn’t return; then Jim Zorn 2 is hired.

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Uh, I must be missing something here...What was so bad about the questions?....and I'm generally anti media.

Jason Wright has been mostly a disaster.    It's like I've said before, it sometimes feels like people come here to sabotage Snyder and the franchise.

What? Dan has sabotaged the franchise on his own. Jason has just added to that sabotage. Sabotage Dan? Dan did that himself.

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

The wrapping it was delivered in was pretty crass.

The question itself has been asked directly to Wentz and the org more times than I can count this offseason, so there should be the expectation that it is both fair game and that it continues to be asked. 

Whats funny is I'm pretty sure the same guy, delivered the same question in pretty much the same delivery during Wentz introductory press convo, directly to Wentz.  5:25 mark

Maybe Scott Abraham has been warned of this blunt method in the past and his continuation kinda forced an organizational response? That would be my guess as to why Wright spoke up, rather than not saying anything when everyone else up and down the org has been fielding this same question for months.

Regardless, this won't be the last time Wentz, or Ron or anybody will be asked this question. Hopefully next time there will be at least some effort to have some tact. Scott straight up just puts it out there cheeks to the wind.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

If he ignored it and they privately commended Wentz for how he handled that, it would have gone farther towards their whole culture thing. His tweets made it the topic of the day. Without that, I probably wouldn't be more than a min or 2 per sportstalk show with nobody caring because Wentz responded so well. 

This is exactly it. It's Public Relations 101. All Wright did was ensure that everyone watched this silly clip. Maybe that was his goal? 

There's nothing to be gained by picking fights with the local media. You know how you get rid of stuff like this? Start winning some games. The local media will turn into lapdogs really quickly if that happens.

• Thumb up 1