Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

All this is true but the thing is we haven't had a QB. We've struck out on that. All I'm saying is that if we could have gotten a QB (say kept Green in 98, or kept Johnson in 2000, or drafted Rodgers, or drafted Luck, or drafted Wilson, or kept Kirk. There are other possibilities too. I'm just saying if we had lucked out and solved the QB position then we're talking about a tangent timeline because we'd be winning more games. And then if we're winning games then we have more fans going to games. 

All but Green and Luck; you can tie those decisions ultimately to Dan by the choices he made at coach and who he had going the Gm duties.

You can’t get it thru your head that ultimately every decision made by this team; is a result of choices Dan made at coach/Gm. Dan hired the people who ultimately picked the players and many times Dan got involved in picking the players.

Is Dan the sole reason for the team failures, no. Since Dan is the one hiring though; he’s failed in hiring people who brings about a consistent winner and also has a history of interfering. You can’t look at the team’s failures and ultimately not point the finger at Dan.

Can’t believe after 23 years, there’s still Dan apologists. Also, the off the field stuff that either Dan participated in himself or allowed to

happen; is now negatively impacting the team.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

All but Green and Luck; you can tie those decisions ultimately to Dan by the choices he made at coach and who he had going the Gm duties.

You can’t get it thru your head that ultimately every decision made by this team; is a result of choices Dan made at coach/Gm. Dan hired the people who ultimately picked the players and many times Dan got involved in picking the players.

Is Dan the sole reason for the team failures, no. Since Dan is the one hiring though; he’s failed in hiring people who brings about a consistent winner and also has a history of interfering. You can’t look at the team’s failures and ultimately not point the finger at Dan.

Can’t believe after 23 years, there’s still Dan apologists. Also, the off the field stuff that either Dan participated in himself or allowed to

happen; is now negatively impacting the team.

You act like this game isn't so much about luck. Heck we had a franchise guy in RG3 until luck spoke and broke his knee. Dan didn't draft Carlos Rogers over Aaron Roders, that was Gibbs, who then traded up for Campbell. That still infuriates me to this day because the #1 pick guy dropped to us at 6 or 7 and the coach who needed a QB picks a CB, then we trade up for a second round QB? And I love Campbell for his potential (another possibility) but we should have picked Rodgers. Heck, we could have picked dude in SD this year and it would be totally diferent. Heck, we had a legit QB in/ 2018 and then he hurts his knee too. Did Dan do that? 

What I'm saying is that this team can win with Dan, its not impossible. The past is not a predictor of the future. I'm not trying to absolve Dan as a horrible owner and dude has made some horrible decisions, but its not like we haven't had like 8 years where we've been in contention for a playoff spot in December. And if we'd have had a QB those years would probably have ended better. And the main point is that offense sells seats. So if we can get a 30 ppg offense, then we will be getting sellouts again, or something close to it. 

Its ok. I'm going to leave this alone because I don't want to defend Dan and this is getting too close to that for my comfort. So if you disagree we'll see. Hopefully we win some games this year. 

25 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

You act like this game isn't so much about luck. Heck we had a franchise guy in RG3 until luck spoke and broke his knee. Dan didn't draft Carlos Rogers over Aaron Roders, that was Gibbs, who then traded up for Campbell. That still infuriates me to this day because the #1 pick guy dropped to us at 6 or 7 and the coach who needed a QB picks a CB, then we trade up for a second round QB? And I love Campbell for his potential (another possibility) but we should have picked Rodgers. Heck, we could have picked dude in SD this year and it would be totally diferent. Heck, we had a legit QB in/ 2018 and then he hurts his knee too. Did Dan do that? 

What I'm saying is that this team can win with Dan, its not impossible. The past is not a predictor of the future. I'm not trying to absolve Dan as a horrible owner and dude has made some horrible decisions, but its not like we haven't had like 8 years where we've been in contention for a playoff spot in December. And if we'd have had a QB those years would probably have ended better. And the main point is that offense sells seats. So if we can get a 30 ppg offense, then we will be getting sellouts again, or something close to it. 

Its ok. I'm going to leave this alone because I don't want to defend Dan and this is getting too close to that for my comfort. So if you disagree we'll see. Hopefully we win some games this year. 

We will forever disagree.

Dan hired Joe. Dan hired Shanny and leaned on Shanny to trade up for Robert. If Danny didn’t lean on Shanny;?who knows if Shanny would’ve still traded up for Robert. 

Every decision this team made can be ultimately traced to decisions Dan made.  Dan made poor decisions and we have 23 years of mostly failure.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

If Dan didn't push for trading 3 drafts for RG3 Shanahan probably goes with Tannehill, then RG3 would've bombed out in Cleveland since they were also trying to trade up for him at the time. But who knows, maybe he would've just settled for Cousins, or even Wilson. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

56 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Heck we had a franchise guy in RG3 until luck spoke and broke his knee.

I remember after the Cincinnati game early in the 2012 game, Steve Czaban said, referring to the way RG3 was being used by the Shannys,  "they are going to get this guy killed."  I'm sure he wasn't the only one who thought that. And sure enough it ultimately happened.  And then Shanny wants to go with Cousins to start the 2013 season to give RG3 more time to recover, but no. RG3 couldn't have that. More importantly, Dan couldn't have that. And what did Griffin do in the league since that?

And there was this guy Brady who got his knee broke early in the 2008 season. That team managed 11 wins without him, something the Skins haven't been able to do in 30 years, including all of Snyder's ownership. And Brady's post-knee injury career has, unlike RG3's, been pretty good.

4 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

All this is true but the thing is we haven't had a QB. We've struck out on that. All I'm saying is that if we could have gotten a QB (say kept Green in 98, or kept Johnson in 2000, or drafted Rodgers, or drafted Luck, or drafted Wilson, or kept Kirk. There are other possibilities too. I'm just saying if we had lucked out and solved the QB position then we're talking about a tangent timeline because we'd be winning more games. And then if we're winning games then we have more fans going to games. 

You're also assuming that after getting that QB we would have been able to construct a winning team around said QB.   

There is nothing that tells me Snyder's organization would have been able to put a great team around a franchise QB.  That guy would flounder here with subpar talent around him before inevitably leaving via FA. 

I read the synopsis of the "better off with Bruce Allen" segment the Junkies had and it amazes me that people seem more upset about the new tempo of the fight song than the fact that the team made no effort at all to create a new song and instead just substituted "Commanders" in place of "Redskins." Lazy as hell, but that's what we've seen under Jason Wright.

As for the new partnership with SeatGeek, how is that going to help being in larger crowds? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I read the synopsis of the "better off with Bruce Allen" segment the Junkies had and it amazes me that people seem more upset about the new tempo of the fight song than the fact that the team made no effort at all to create a new song and instead just substituted "Commanders" in place of "Redskins." Lazy as hell, but that's what we've seen under Jason Wright.

As for the new partnership with SeatGeek, how is that going to help being in larger crowds? 

You're assuming that's all Jason. Apparently the family of the guy that wrote the original fight song wrote the new one I think.  

As far as sponsorship deal with seat geek in and of itself you're correct its not going to help bring in crowds by itself. But they have been trying to put money into stadium over past couple years. more sponsorship $= more money for upgrades, players contracts etc. those types of things will help to an extent

lol. The Allen vs Wright thing is just absurd bc Allen was horrible of course, but he was also the living symbol of Snyder’s fingers, words, and ears being in EVERYTHING in this organization. No matter how much you hate what Wright’s done (again at Snyder’s bidding), if there’s even a single thing you like as a silver lining for this current organization or roster, it wouldn’t exist with Allen here still. It’s not compatible with reality because he was the Grima Wormtongue to Snyder’s Saruman in terms of poisoning the building, the culture, the roster, the coaching staff and FO staff, the business side, everything. What a dumb topic to even consider given Allen finally leaving is the literal symbol of so many of the things that actually have been improved in the org. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Apparently the family of the guy that wrote the original fight song wrote the new one I think.  

Damn, it took the original guys entire family to change the word Redskins to Commanders?

How can they contain so much talent within a single family?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Damn, it took the original guys entire family to change the word Redskins to Commanders?

How can they contain so much talent within a single family?

Lol look I agree the fight song is awful. Just pointing out something I thought was interesting. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Lol look I agree the fight song is awful. Just pointing out something I thought was interesting. 

But the focus now (at least from online) seems to be on how the song is too slow, rather than on the lame attempt to just switch the team name in the original fight song. 

5 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

People argue with me that media in this town isn't ass.  

This is an example of complete and total ass.

And the idiotic culture story from Hoffman is ass.

Both are from Audacy.  Coincidence? Nope  

The media is sinking deeper and deeper to complete and total click-bait trash.  

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Trust me I agree with you. And it’s part of the reason I defend Jason to an extent. 1) the media does try to manufacture some of this stuff. Exhibit a is the first day of training camp with attendance only to find out it was a suite holders day. I know fans and media alike have clowned the lottery system but from what I’ve seen from fans that went on lottery days they LOVED having the smaller crowds because it was a much more intimate experience. I think people forget things like that create a demand which is a good thing 2) when there are positive things that are going on or happening within the organization it’s goes almost completely ignored. So if you’re listening to most of the DC media yes a lot of things seem like they are same ole organization because you’re only getting one side of the equation. 
Now don’t get me wrong there have been obvious mistakes made with the rebrand etc. And they should absolutely get called out on those mistakes but there’s a difference between being fair and balanced and looking for things to clown them on. Btw if you’re asking me to choose between the guy backing a player from his team knowing the backlash he’s gonna get and the guy crapping on his players publicly because he has to be right I’ll take the first guy 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Radio personalities spend hours and hours trying to find things to talk about, it’s not just a DC market thing, this happens everywhere.

Of course I think the notion that we’re better off with Bruce is ridiculous, so I’m not defending it.  Just I don’t have a real high bar for local sports radio hosts, not just here but pretty much everywhere.

6 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

the media does try to manufacture some of this stuff. Exhibit a is the first day of training camp with attendance only to find out it was a suite holders day.

I seriously don't see that as an example of looking for stuff to manufacture.

If they hold a practice tomorrow and nobody shows up, nobody is waiting for the team to release a statement. Pics will be posted and the team will be clowned. Same deal that day. Media showed up to an absolute fan ghost house and their response in real time was reasonable.

The team knows how many suite holders there are and likely knew attendance would be spotty at best that day. If they wanted to avoid a faux pas they could have easily made suite day known to everyone beforehand instead of introducing people to empty fan zones. 

If your a media member and you walk into a Dallas Cowboys practice that you know is open to fan attendance and you only see like 5 dudes, your not waiting to hear from team officials on why turnout is bad.

Edited by FootballZombie

19 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I seriously don't see that as an example of looking for stuff to manufacture.

If they hold a practice tomorrow and nobody shows up, nobody is waiting for the team to release a statement. Pics will be posted and the team will be clowned. Same deal that day. Media showed up to an absolute fan ghost house and their response in real time was reasonable.

The team knows how many suite holders there are and likely knew attendance would be spotty at best that day. If they wanted to avoid a faux pas they could have easily made suite day known to everyone beforehand instead of introducing people to empty fan zones. 

If your a media member and you walk into a Dallas Cowboys practice that you know is open to fan attendance and you only see like 5 dudes, your not waiting to hear from team officials on why turnout is bad.

It’s a small and imperfect example but nicki Jhabvala knew exactly what she was doing when she tweeted that photo out. And it’s one of at least 20 examples I can tell you off the top of my head. The media is in no way the main reason for the down fall of this franchise or fan base and there are absolutely times when the franchise deserves negative attention. That’s beyond debatable. But that doesn’t mean the fact that dc sports media has jumped the shark can’t also be true

11 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Radio personalities spend hours and hours trying to find things to talk about, it’s not just a DC market thing, this happens everywhere.

Of course I think the notion that we’re better off with Bruce is ridiculous, so I’m not defending it.  Just I don’t have a real high bar for local sports radio hosts, not just here but pretty much everywhere.

I just think about this place this time of year and how off some if the topics are. Especially before the kids stepped up, like when we signed Gibbs and this place exploded but, only with people. Not ideas. So we'd get the same like 10 ideas in like 300 topics for like 3 months. I imagine sports radio goes through this too. That's why I like the ability to talk non sports. Like music or movies. But really there are seasons when the this place and sports radio are just no go zones because of the lack of content

On 8/16/2022 at 3:59 PM, Thinking Skins said:

People who lack humility and make bad decisions habitually will always believe its bad luck and not them.  1 year is bad luck. The team can win with Dan for a short time, you are right about luck but in the wrong way.  A crazy stretch of luck can briefly overcome the disaster he has built.

Decisions are hard, especially important ones, and to someone who doesnt make good ones they seem confusing with outcomes based on luck.  But there are countless people who make constant good decision that succeed 90% of the time.  They dont need to believe in bad luck because they have decades of near constant success to enjoy instead.  Dan hasnt suffered bad luck.  Dan has gotten amazingly good luck.  Despite making every bad decision you could he lucked into enough financial backing to just barely get enough control of the team to eventually ride its rise to own the entirety of it and make his entire networth.

All Snyder has done in his entire life is run just about every company into the ground except for one short period where it went well enough to IPO with other backers.  You can look that up.  The thing Snyder has done well is always talk people into bad deals for them, the same thing he has done with fans for so long.  His success was for 3 years, then consisted of buying up someone elses actually successful companies until he could sell his.

Didn't see this posted anywhere yet, but a tour du force from Hogs Haven on the organization's off-the-field missteps over the past year. While the investigations involving Snyder are covered, this piece is aimed at Jason Wright. Long read:

https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/8/18/23311041/the-mishandling-of-the-brand-continuing-failure-of-leadership-of-the-washington-commanders-franchise

37 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Didn't see this posted anywhere yet, but a tour du force from Hogs Haven on the organization's off-the-field missteps over the past year. 

I had to stop after they said Jay was too weak to make the changes that needed to be made.  I just know where it’s going from there.  

The way some fans dismiss the anchor that is Dan and his right hand man - Bruce or Vinny, as if the head coach is supposed to be “strong” and just whip his higher ups into shape is wild to me.

For whatever reason, the most hardcore fans of this team- even if they are willing to admit that Dan is scum and makes everyone’s job much harder than it needs to be- still always make the coach the scapegoat.  

The fact of the matter is, no matter how promising a head coach might be, when they come here:

Their strengths will be diminished and their weaknesses will be magnified.  

It all starts at the top and rolls downhill is not just some cliche catch phrase, it’s as real as it gets.  It’s why no coach including Joseph Jackson Gibbs has ever been able to meet or exceed their potential or reach and sustain any level of success.  

Organization structure, hierarchy, culture aren’t just topics for budding entrepreneurs to talk about on LinkedIn.  It’s vital to achieve and more importantly sustain success.

Everyone that has ever coached here including and in particular Ron Rivera, has been saddled by poor culture, structure, etc.  Ron has been handed both the gift and the curse.  The gift being Dan was in such a bad spot, he had no choice but to give Ron all the power.  The curse being that is to his detriment.  The checks and balances are off and he’s wearing entirely too many hats.  

Not once has any head coach here been put into a position to succeed.  To pretend that any one of them should have just done this or that, been stronger or whatever else they come up with is just living in LaLa land.  The common denominator in all the failure is Dan Snyder - to where even if he’s not meddling, he’s setting those below him up to fail.  

Thats not to say the head coaches or even Jason Wright are near perfect by any stretch, just that they must operate with a 200+lb anchor on them at all times.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3