Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

17 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This is the first I’ve seen it, and the way it’s laid out is incredibly damning.  It’s very detailed regarding a lot we already knew, but those details describe the great lengths this narcissistic POS will go to discredit, intimidate and ruin anyone in his path.  

Agree.  I found this also damning for the NFL.  They did everything they could to abet in the cover-up.

I am now convinced they will NOT remove Danny, no matter what. 🤦‍♂️

:229:The Rook

37 minutes ago, Conn said:

Still not competitiveness/roster/football related like Ross’s situation so I doubt it. The NFLPA doesn’t like cap penalties either because that’s less money for their guys to get paid with. There’s a reason you rarely see that punishment dished out. 

If we can get a 36 mil penalty for not really doing anything illegal, we can get a penalty for the ticket thing.   But the NFL has to prove it.   Sounds like the team has a good defense.

I wonder if say the NFL does go after Deshaun Watson for more games or a season if that somehow makes it a necessity to go after Snyder with suspension, huge fines or something more like team sale.  It'd be nice for them to make an example out of Snyder and force him out.

https://phinphanatic.com/2022/06/26/how-will-nfl-decisions-on-watson-and-snyder-affect-stephen-ross/

Watson’s problems are not the same as Daniel Snyder’s but there is a growing movement toward holding NFL owners as accountable as they do their players. If we want to be just, the owners should be held to a much higher and stricter standard. The “good-old-boys” club has to come with a higher ceiling.

Robert Kraft was never held accountable for his team’s cheating penalties. The team itself was fined but Kraft wasn’t held responsible by the league. When the allegations of his involvement in a South Florida sting operation surrounding massage parlors were made public, Kraft’s lawyers flew out of the hive and destroyed the case. The NFL? They did nothing.

In D.C., Washington Commanders owner Daniel Snyder is giving a big backhanded middle finger to Congress and it seems that no matter what happens with the hearing, the NFL is going to be forced to do something about Snyder but to what degree? Will he be forced to sell the team? Maybe, especially if they did in fact low-report their earnings to strip other owners of potential earned money.

Let us be honest here. The allegations against Ross are important and shouldn’t be dismissed but they do pale in comparison to what the NFL is dealing with regarding Watson and Snyder. Watson could miss an entire season, and Snyder could face federal fines and be forced to sell the team. Something that we originally thought might be the case with Ross. Now, it hardly seems as important.

The NFL is attacking Watson’s situation. We don’t know how they will take on Snyder’s. When that is over, Roger Goodell will take aim at preserving “game integrity”. That is where Ross falls. Did he offer money to lose games? Did he fire Brian Flores because he refused? Is there proof that he conspired with or tampered with Tom Brady? Or is this all non-provable?

On an entirely unrelated note, has it been posted that Ron has essentially has given Kerrigan a coaching internship, and he’s working with the DL?  Ron said he’ll give him a couple of weeks because Kerrigan wanted to know what it’s like to be on the coaching side.  Then they will re-evaluate to see if he gets a permanent position.  

Super cool.  I heard Ron got something like this from somebody when he got into coaching.  Cool that he’s paying it forward.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

On an entirely unrelated note, has it been posted that Ron has essentially has given Kerrigan a coaching internship, and he’s working with the DL?  Ron said he’ll give him a couple of weeks because Kerrigan wanted to know what it’s like to be on the coaching side.  Then they will re-evaluate to see if he gets a permanent position.  

Super cool.  I heard Ron got something like this from somebody when he got into coaching.  Cool that he’s paying it forward.  

I love it.  Kerrigan is such a high quality guy, and very respected, maybe they find room for him somehow.  

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I love it.  Kerrigan is such a high quality guy, and very respected, maybe they find room for him somehow.  

I think it's awesome.

Interesting, I know Cooley really wanted to break into coaching, and he tried with our team, and they never let him.  I don't know exactly why.  I'm glad Kerrigan is getting his shot. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The suspension is a joke. Wow, basically a 5-6 week suspension of what? He's still the owner. He isn't ever going to play. He doesn't call plays. Doesn't he still get the money the team generates? Of course he does!

Wow, is he banned from wearing team gear for a few weeks? Nope, not even that. It's basically nothing but telling us that the league believes we're dumb enough to consider that this is an actual punishment.

But no fine. Instead the League punishes the fans of the team by taking draft picks. Why not fine the asshole 50 Million dollars? Wouldn't that actually punish the owner instead of making it less enjoyable for the fans? Now the fans get to go into a draft without a #1 pick! That'll show the owner who still gets all of the money!

This sports league is ran by lawyers that think that we are idiots. There really isn't any other explanation for this kind of ****.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

The suspension is a joke. Wow, basically a 5-6 week suspension of what? He's still the owner. He isn't ever going to play. He doesn't call plays. Doesn't he still get the money the team generates? Of course he does!

Wow, is he banned from wearing team gear for a few weeks? Nope, not even that. It's basically nothing but telling us that the league believes we're dumb enough to consider that this is an actual punishment.

But no fine. Instead the League punishes the fans of the team by taking draft picks. Why not fine the asshole 50 Million dollars? Wouldn't that actually punish the owner instead of making it less enjoyable for the fans? Now the fans get to go into a draft without a #1 pick! That'll show the owner who still gets all of the money!

This sports league is ran by lawyers that think that we are idiots. There really isn't any other explanation for this kind of ****.

And you just know that's exactly what'll happen here if the leagues decides to "punish" Snyder.

• Like 1

You’ll never be able to adequately punish a billionaire in this league without taking their toy away, but if you ask me this is the real punishment Ross received that isn’t being heavily reported:

Kraft and others will never let Ross have an influential voice again. That’s what will really piss him off, even if it doesn’t effect anything on the fan side.

And I get the argument about only hurting the fans with the draft pick penalty—but come on, they tried to meddle with a team’s franchise QB (multiple times) and that’s not even getting into the whole Payton thing. That’s football-related and has to be punished in a way that effects the football side, to set a precedent. And even though they’ll never admit it he’s being punished for the tanking allegation as well. Lots of examples being set here. Sucks for the fans obviously. 

• Like 4

What I'd like to know is why isn't Tom Brady being punished, when it should have been obvious to him that hanging out on Ross' yacht while he was still with the Patriots violated league tampering rules. I'm certainly not against Ross being punished (and the removal from the committees truly is a big deal...he has no voice now), but why is it OK for players to allow themselves to be tampered with in the first place? Brady could have said no, right?

Does anyone know if Snyder is on any of the committees?

• Like 1

Players are in contact with each other all over the league, all the time—so opening up the can of worms that players can tamper at all is probably a dangerous game that the NFLPA would try to fight to the death (despite their overall weakness as a major sports union). This situation was an egregiously obvious case of flirting on Brady’s part for sure, but the teams, execs, and owners have to know better. It’s just not something with an easy answer long term if you start looking at players, they already wield so much less power than teams. I think if anything you institute a system where the agent/agency can be fined to help them keep their client straight, but I doubt that happens either. 

48 minutes ago, Conn said:

You’ll never be able to adequately punish a billionaire in this league without taking their toy away, but if you ask me this is the real punishment Ross received that isn’t being heavily reported:

Kraft and others will never let Ross have an influential voice again. That’s what will really piss him off, even if it doesn’t effect anything on the fan side.

Ross has been very heavily invested in ventures like sports gambling, Taking his ability to steer the direction of the league into avenues most profitable for him will not only make him angry, it can take away potential millions if not billions in earnings as he is no longer on the "ground floor" of major decisions.

Your right, that is the punishment. While all the other owners can quietly position themselves for booku-bucks by aligning themselves next to companies that are about to receive a fat NFL contract, or expanding their influence to known international markets before its announced, Ross has to sit back and watch, or play the guessing game.

The fine may be small to someone like Ross, but this removal from committees most certainly hit him hard in the wallet.

• Thanks 1

The committees are a pretty big penalty, but I can see an even bigger penalty coming up: The NFL tells the Dolphins to come up with new uniforms and logos during that six week suspension and puts a family member in charge of designs.

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There's some articles about it.

Right now, it's now like having him around for a few weeks (Training Camp I guess) to see if he really wants to jump in and go the coaching way from what I understood.

I thought it was really cool from Ron to allow that. Now it's up to Ryan to see if that's really what he wants to do.

• Like 1

I just read this Dolphins report and I can't believe how light the punishment is on Ross when you combine the tanking and tampering.

They admit that Ross basically wanted them to lose for a higher draft pick and that he may have said something about paying off Flores to do it, but he was joking.   Ridiculous.

You can make a case that he should be forced to sell based on integrity of the game.    The fine should have been much bigger.

You can't have any talk of tanking when you have legalized gambling.

10 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

What I'd like to know is why isn't Tom Brady being punished, when it should have been obvious to him that hanging out on Ross' yacht while he was still with the Patriots violated league tampering rules. I'm certainly not against Ross being punished (and the removal from the committees truly is a big deal...he has no voice now), but why is it OK for players to allow themselves to be tampered with in the first place? Brady could have said no, right?

Does anyone know if Snyder is on any of the committees?

Brady’s agent Don Yee was involved. He should be suspended.

Snyder was on the hall of fame committee.

2 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I just read this Dolphins report and I can't believe how light the punishment is on Ross when you combine the tanking and tampering.

They admit that Ross basically wanted them to lose for a higher draft pick and that he may have said something about paying off Flores to do it, but he was joking.   Ridiculous.

You can make a case that he should be forced to sell based on integrity of the game.    The fine should have been much bigger.

You can't have any talk of tanking when you have legalized gambling.

Tanking for the purpose of draft position is a legitimate strategy. The nfl needs to implement a draft lottery to reduce the incentive like the NBA. Plus can you imagine how much they could milk it as a massive event?

12 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Brady’s agent Don Yee was involved. He should be suspended.

Snyder was on the hall of fame committee.

Tanking for the purpose of draft position is a legitimate strategy. The nfl needs to implement a draft lottery to reduce the incentive like the NBA. Plus can you imagine how much they could milk it as a massive event?

I'm all for tanking, but an owner can't come out and say it.   

11 hours ago, slinky said:

I always felt they should invert the order of the draft in alternating rounds... so rounds 2, 4 and 6 the better teams pick higher and the worst teams (including tankers) pick at the bottom of the round. 

The Dolphins were not tanking with the 2nd round pick in mind.  Your suggestion would only punish all the bad teams, most are not tanking,  

On 8/2/2022 at 3:16 PM, The Rook said:

Agree.  I found this also damning for the NFL.  They did everything they could to abet in the cover-up.

I am now convinced they will NOT remove Danny, no matter what. 🤦‍♂️

:229:The Rook

Really shows you how corrupt the NFL actually is doesn't it? 

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

The Dolphins were not tanking with the 2nd round pick in mind.  Your suggestion would only punish all the bad teams, most are not tanking,  

well, i should have stated that I also feel they should not reward teams for being bad every year and that they should reward teams for trying to put out a functional team that's trying to win each week. But there is some punishment outside of the 1st round. Dropping from a top 5 pick in round 2 to a bottom 5 pick in round 2 is a pretty big deal.