Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

brobible: Hunter S. Thompson Warned The Football World About Dan Snyder In Unearthed Column From 2001

Thompson accurately predicted the future of the franchise when he described Washington as “a gang of squabbling losers with no pride and no shame and no hope at all of anything but failure for the next 20 years” before turning his attention to the biggest problem: his belief Snyder is “a high-rolling businessman” intent on squeezing as much money as possible out of a team he describes as “a loss leader, a pawn in Snyder’s larger scheme” without any thoughts or cares for its longtime fans.

Some of the specific issues are fairly antiquated (I think most people would kill for the price of the “$4 hot dogs and $6 cups of beer” Thompson lamented were being sold at the team’s stadium), and Snyder’s attempts to lure in wealthier spectators at the expense of working-class fans with shiny new upgrades to the facilities is by no means unique to Washington.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

this just proves people will whine about anything. Just ridiculous. 

The fact that they posted the picture with the hash tag #iworkwithprettypeople...while the team is literally simultaneously being dragged through congress for rampant sexual impropriety in the workplace is stupid and tone-deaf, and just ridiculous. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

The fact that they posted the picture with the hash tag #iworkwithprettypeople...while the team is literally simultaneously being dragged through congress for rampant sexual impropriety in the workplace is stupid and tone-deaf, and just ridiculous. 

Hope Cooleyfan got you something nice for Father’s Day this year, man

Edited by Conn
  • Haha 4

Here's the entire Hunter S Thompson article on Snyder. Pretty interesting to read twenty years later. 

http://www.espn.com/page2/s/thompson/011002.html

If Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder thinks his life has gone south on him now, he is in for a series of frightening shocks when he gets a dose of the rage and despair building up in the hearts of his once-loyal football fans in the metro-Washington area.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

That's what I've evolved into over the past 2-3 years also. He poisoned what used to be my escape from the real world. No matter what was going on with family life, work, the world...I had 3-4 hours to live and die with the Redskins on fall Sundays.

The last 2-3 years?

We've been complaining about this dude for over 20 years now. 

Once Gibbs was gone it was quite obvious that it wasn't ever going anywhere. This should have also been obvious to almost everybody when he replaced Vinny with Bruce. Bruce never ran anything anywhere yet he had the name Allen. Who would have thought he'd turn out as he did? LOL 

Edited by SkinsFTW

15 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

The last 2-3 years?

We've been complaining about this dude for over 20 years now. 

Once Gibbs was gone it was quite obvious that it wasn't ever going anywhere. This should have also been obvious to almost everybody when he replaced Vinny with Bruce. Bruce never ran anything anywhere yet he had the name Allen. Who would have thought he'd turn out as he did? LOL 

For me, it didn't turn adversarial until the 2020 round of allegations of misconduct, including the cheerleader video, etc. That's when I found myself actually tuning into Red Zone instead of Redskin games and found myself wanting them to lose, not win. Up until then, I was like many here still are...able to root for the team, but hate the owner. 

• Like 1

Sounds like this 'sour milk' thing is Standard Operating Procedure for Team Snyder:

https://www.totalprosports.com/2022/06/24/former-washington-commanders-reporter-suggests-dan-snyder-may-have-poured-sour-milk-in-her-cadillac-as-form-of-revenge-tweet/

If this is true, Dan Snyder is one petty, messed up dude.

During Congress’ scathing testimony regarding the toxic workplace culture within the Washington Commanders organization, one of the stranger stories to emerge was the one about Snyder allegedly pouring sour milk on the carpet of the FedEx Field suite owned by Washington Nationals owner Mark Lerner—all over some business deal between the two that Snyder was sour about, no pun intended.

As the story made its way through the media, it caught the attention of former Commanders reporter Amber Theoharis, who suddenly put two and two together.

According to Amber, while covering Snyder’s team during training camp in 2012, her car oddly smelled like sour milk for weeks. Coincidence? I highly doubt it.

I’m not sure exactly what Theoharis was reporting on, but it must have rubbed the Commanders owner the wrong way. Don’t be surprised if other former and current Commander employees start coming forward with their “sour milk” related stories.

As for the whole investigation into the Washington Commanders’ workplace, it looks like things could get even more interesting, as the Committee Chair plans to subpoena Dan Snyder for a deposition next week.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KDawg said:

I’m confused why you replied to me with this. I never said anyone sees no negatives. 

I think you’re mis reading my post. I was replying to you specifically because you were one of a couple that was calling someone out for being a supporter of the owner due to questioning whether the backlash was necessary for the photo that was posted. That does not correlate to supporting the owner imo, it just means they are questioning whether or not that’s a big deal. Imo it wasn’t. But unless you phrase it, “Dan is a stinky pile of poo, however I don’t find it to be a big deal” you’re going to get called out for it on here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

I think you’re mis reading my post. I was replying to you specifically because you were one of a couple that was calling someone out for being a supporter of the owner due to questioning whether the backlash was necessary for the photo that was posted. That does not correlate to supporting the owner imo, it just means they are questioning whether or not that’s a big deal. Imo it wasn’t. But unless you phrase it, “Dan is a stinky pile of poo, however I don’t find it to be a big deal” you’re going to get called out for it on here. 

Except I didn’t call him out. I gave outside perspective on what I see from his posts and, quite frankly, many others. I never said he was a shill for the owner. I said that’s what his posts show. There’s a difference.

4 hours ago, formerly4skins said:

#iworkwithprettypeople

I'm just going to say anybody who posts anything with the hashtag #iworkwithprettypeople seems like a shallow soul.  But, on the flip side, I'm an old fart at this point and I'm not going to scream at the wind.  Maybe this is something younger generations do, it's common, and and it's really nothing.  I have no idea.  And quite frankly, I don't really care.  

As far as I know, it was on a personal Instagram and not the team Instagram.  

Shrug.  It is what it is.  I think this could have just as easily happened to any one of the other 31 teams.  The issue is it happened to THIS team AGAIN at a really unfortunate time. Though, flip side, if it happened with the Steelers, probably nobody even notices because they're not being investigated for anything. One of the problems with all of this swirl is EVERY SINGLE LITTLE misstep is a HUGE deal.  Whereas for a "normal" organization, something silly like this happens, and it's kindof a non-event.  Nobody would ever know if the marketing people are on a yacht in France and like the fact they are all hot.  With this organization, they are under so much scrutiny from everywhere, if a (whatever they are now calling the Cheerleaders) farts sideway into the wind, it's a story.  

It's an "oh well" for me.  Nobody can control social media posts of their employees.  Nothing in the post was actually inappropriate and it wasn't on a team account.  If the same thing was posted by a bunch of folks from (name your favorite big company) maybe some would give it an eye roll, but that's probably the end of it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Commanders lawyers worked to keep Dan Snyder's 'sweetheart' comment out of Congressional testimony

https://richmond.com/sports/professional/commanders-lawyers-worked-to-keep-dan-snyders-sweetheart-comment-out-of-congressional-testimony/article_3706696a-44b0-5810-93b4-af0a63476e9c.html

Attorneys for the Washington Commanders worked to keep a former team executive from testifying about a phone call where he reported a sexual harassment allegation to Dan Snyder and Snyder appeared to brush it aside.

The exchange took place in 2018.

Brian Lafemina left the NFL office to work for Washington as the team's COO that April, but was fired less than a year later. He was bound by a non-disclosure agreement, but was compelled by subpoena to testify before the U.S. House committee investigating allegations of widespread sexual misconduct by team executives.

During his testimony, he recounted that he learned of allegations by a female employee, Rachel Engelson, that then-team broadcaster Larry Michael had made her feel "uncomfortable over a number of years due to unwanted comments and touching, including kisses to her forehead," according to the committee transcript.

After learning of the allegation, Lafemina said he called Snyder to inform him.

Asked by the committee what Snyder said in that conversation, Lafemina's attorney, Michael Sherwin, objected on behalf of the Commanders, stating the team believed the contents of that call are privileged information, and only Snyder can choose to waive that protection.

"I'm communicating this via the team," Sherwin said. "We don't hold the privilege. The privilege is held and can only be waived by the team. So in an abundance of caution, we don't want to impute upon that privilege."

Rep. Carolyn Maloney, who heads the committee, later issued a ruling that Lafemina could discuss the contents of the call.

A week later, he returned via Zoom and gave an accounting. He was asked if he recalled what Snyder said when informed of the allegations.

Lafemina replied: "He said that Larry was a sweetheart and that Larry wouldn't hurt anybody."

He added later: "It was obvious that he was fond of Larry and that he thought that Larry was well intentioned and that he didn't want anything bad to happen to Larry."

Two years later, Michael resigned days before a Washington Post story documented an alleged pattern of misconduct by the former broadcaster.

Lafemina said he wasn't overly concerned at the time because he had also informed the team's general counsel, Eric Schaffer,

"I told him about the allegations and our concern, and ... he said that he was going to have an investigation into it," Lafemina said.

He could not say if that investigation was ever completed. Engelson spoke with the Post for its story, which led to Michael's resignation.

Back in 2018, Lafemina found himself out of his job just months after taking it, as his efforts to reform the team and its practices created tension, in his opinion, with longtime employees who wanted to protect the status quo.

At the time, reports about the firing connected it with Lafemina's unhappiness with team president Bruce Allen's decision to add linebacker Reuben Foster to the team after he was cut by the 49ers after a second allegation of domestic violence.

"I think it was a bad business decision," Lafemina said. "I can't speak to whether it was a good football decision or not. But from a business perspective, it was not a good move."

During his testimony, Lafemina also revealed he did not speak with attorney Beth Wilkinson for the official NFL investigation into sexual misconduct at the then-Redskins franchise.

Lafemina said he was engaged in a legal dispute at the time with the team over whether he was fired for cause, and felt it would not be appropriate to participate given the pending legal action.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'm an old fart at this point

The time when it was acceptable to comment on a coworkers physical attractiveness in a corporate work environment is long since gone. 

And, given the fact that it was posted literally as testimony concerning the team's years-long history of sexual impropriety was taking place, almost makes it seem like they're purposely trolling the victims, fans, and house reps. who feel their boss, Snyder, should be held to account.

Either that, or they're legit just out of touch enough to post #iworkwithprettypeople during congressional testimony about the sexual abuse of their coworkers. 

6 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I've seen the sentiment, albeit the minority, who wants all this stuff to just go away to get focused on football, winning games, etc.  In a way, I get that - if he's not going to be removed, why continue to saddle Rivera and the gang with more drama. 

So, I'm probably somewhat in this camp with a caveat.  If there was a way to keep up the pressure on Dan AND also support Ron and the team, that's what my preference would be. I'm just not sure that's possible, because people have lost interest and are just staying away because of Dan because they don't want to give him more money.  Fine, I respect that.

But that doesn't help the team at all.  And it's a death spiral:  the more it happens, the more people see the stadium overtaken with other fans, the less players want to play here, the worse the team is, the more they lose, the less fans they have, the less support they have, the less players will play here, the less coaches will come here, and on and on and on.  And at some point, there's no way out because it's so far gone, but Dan STILL won't sell the team.  

If the pressure on Dan results in him selling the team, I'm completely for that.

I just don't see a path to it at the moment.  

But if we go with the premise that the other 31 owners will not vote to force Dan out, and Dan won't sell willingly, then are we really going to live in this swirl over Dan in perpetuity?  I mean, it just takes all the fun out of rooting for the team.  And I enjoy rooting for the team.  Maybe it's a sickness, but it is what it is, I could sooner change my team allegiance than I could my skin color.  

I am not suggesting reporters stop reporting, that's their jobs. If there is new information out there that is damning, fine, let's have it.  I'm SURE there are more stories.  I'm sure over time more stories will come out.  Dan's a schmuck.  Schmucks do schmucky things.  He's been the owner for 20 years.  I'm sure he's done a TON of schmucky things which haven't been reported.  

I guess where I've gotten to is the point of I just don't care to hear about how much of a schmuck he is anymore because I get it. On a rating of 0-100 on how much of a schmuck he is, he's already a 0.  Nothing new can come out that will make me like him less.  (Though, the sour milk thing did in fact make me shake my head.)  Unless it's going to result in his removal, I don't care.  

And here is an important point from my opinion: the owners are NOT going to just get tired of him and vote him out because of the accumulation of negative press. The accumulation of evidence that he's a schmuck, they know this already.  They're already tired of him.  Every story that comes out is not just building to a point where 24 owners will vote him out.  It's not like if there are 10 more stories over the next year 24 owners will change their mind.  These people can just self-isolate from the Dan drama and ignore it.  

Just keeping up the pressure will absolutely not get him removed.

2 things will get him removed:

1. A total smoking gun with completely inappropriate behavior which can be proved beyond a shadow of doubt.  Whether that's financial, sexual harassment, racial insensitivity,  whatever.  But it can't be vague, it has to be overt, it has to be recorded, and it has to be direct.  

2. A complete flop on the Stadium deal over the next 2-3 years.  The NFL wants a new stadium because it means more $$.  If he can't get one at all anywhere, eventually the owners might want to get somebody in who can. But he has a get out of jail free card here: He can just build FedEx 2 in the parking lot, kindof on the cheap, and he's got his stadium.  Who suffers?  The fans with probably another **** stadium experience 

So absent those things, he's going to be here.  And if he's going to be here, then I'd prefer to be able to root for the team, and it would be great if the team had some fan support.  That's probably a pipe dream at this point, but that's my feeling.  

6 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

But for me, I look at it like Dan ruined what this team meant to me, so why shouldn't I relish in the fact that he's incredibly uncomfortable on a daily basis and the heat on him never relents?  He spent too many years coasting, cashing checks, and making us miserable.  He deserves to suffer like we all have, so here's to the continuous pressure being applied by congress, the media, the victims, and whoever else...

Except he's not.  He's not even remotely uncomfortable.  He is probably miffed.  But he's miffed on a $200M super yacht in the French Riviera where he probably pays 20 minutes of attention to this daily, while he's living the good life, and letting Roger Goodell take the bullets for him, and Jason and Ron deal with the crap in his wake.  He'll pay a couple million to lawyers to make sure he won't appear before congress, and then he won't think about that any more either. 

He can self isolate himself from all of this noise.  He doesn't have to hear any of it.  He probably doesn't hear any of it. I'd be willing to bet he watched less than 10 minutes of the Goodell testimony.  Why would he bother?  Remember the story a few years ago where they did a survey of premium season ticket holders about Dan and Bruce's approval rating and they were SHOCKED it was negative? 

He is disconnected, arrogant, self-unaware and unbelievably rich. Which gives him the ability to basically ignore anything unpleasant.  

So, I don't think he is suffering.  And what's his ultimate punishment?  He is forced to sell the team?  He'll feel bad about that until $4 billion in cash hit his bank account.  Then he'll probably make peace with it.  

There is literally no way to make a billionaire feel bad unless they really want to feel bad themselves.  And Dan doesn't strike me as the type to want to feel bad, he's much more likely to blame somebody else, write it off as bad luck, and have a $1,000 pour of scotch.  

Again, if he really were suffering, fine.  But I think he thinks he's basically out of the woods.  The last thing which is an issue for him near term is the MJW investigation, and all the reporting says at the moment nobody feels like there is anything to the financial scandal stuff, and good luck proving the hand on the thigh under the table.

I think he's living life above all of this.

So, with that said, the only ones who ARE suffering through it are us, the fans, and the team.  Dan isn't suffering.  Dan's just fine.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to make the abundantly clear: I am NOT defending Dan.  Not even a little bit.  He's 100% schmuck, he's destroyed the team that I love.  He is more responsible for that than anybody.  He has mistreated the fans, fostered an abusive workplace environment, meddled in football ops in an extremely negative way.  He's a special kind of scum bag.  I get all that.  And seriously, if he sells, BBQ at my place and everybody is invited.  (Unless there are too many, then we'll find a park.)  I want him gone, I want him out, and I would prefer it now.

But I'm also just so sick and tired of hearing about it, and it's doing no good.  It's not changing the minds of the other owners.  It's not helping the current team.  It's not helping the few remaining fans.  It's just not helping at all.  

So my preference would be the noise goes away, at least long enough for the football team to play the season without a black cloud hanging over their heads.  Unless there is something new, I just wish the old stuff would settle to a simmer.  I also fully realize I'm never going to get my wish.  So, there's that.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Sounds like this 'sour milk' thing is Standard Operating Procedure for Team Snyder:

https://www.totalprosports.com/2022/06/24/former-washington-commanders-reporter-suggests-dan-snyder-may-have-poured-sour-milk-in-her-cadillac-as-form-of-revenge-tweet/

If this is true, Dan Snyder is one petty, messed up dude.

During Congress’ scathing testimony regarding the toxic workplace culture within the Washington Commanders organization, one of the stranger stories to emerge was the one about Snyder allegedly pouring sour milk on the carpet of the FedEx Field suite owned by Washington Nationals owner Mark Lerner—all over some business deal between the two that Snyder was sour about, no pun intended.

As the story made its way through the media, it caught the attention of former Commanders reporter Amber Theoharis, who suddenly put two and two together.

According to Amber, while covering Snyder’s team during training camp in 2012, her car oddly smelled like sour milk for weeks. Coincidence? I highly doubt it.

I’m not sure exactly what Theoharis was reporting on, but it must have rubbed the Commanders owner the wrong way. Don’t be surprised if other former and current Commander employees start coming forward with their “sour milk” related stories.

As for the whole investigation into the Washington Commanders’ workplace, it looks like things could get even more interesting, as the Committee Chair plans to subpoena Dan Snyder for a deposition next week.

Hey my car smells like sour milk too!

I bet Danny boy's been up to his shenanigans again!

-- sniff sniff-- <smells the air in house>

My whole damn house smells like sour milk!

The dirty ****! I'm gonna sue his butt!

Come to think of it everywhere I go I'm always smelling sour milk!!!

Maybe he's following me around with a jug of milk the dirty creep.

Wait a second...

-- sniff sniff-- <smells under arms> 

Uh, never mind.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So, I'm probably somewhat in this camp with a caveat.  If there was a way to keep up the pressure on Dan AND also support Ron and the team, that's what my preference would be. I'm just not sure that's possible, because people have lost interest and are just staying away because of Dan because they don't want to give him more money.  Fine, I respect that.

But that doesn't help the team at all.  And it's a death spiral:  the more it happens, the more people see the stadium overtaken with other fans, the less players want to play here, the worse the team is, the more they lose, the less fans they have, the less support they have, the less players will play here, the less coaches will come here, and on and on and on.  And at some point, there's no way out because it's so far gone, but Dan STILL won't sell the team.  

If the pressure on Dan results in him selling the team, I'm completely for that.

But if we go with the premise that the other 31 owners will not vote to force Dan out, and Dan won't sell willingly, then are we really going to live in this swirl over Dan in perpetuity?  I mean, it just takes all the fun out of rooting for the team.  And I enjoy rooting for the team.  Maybe it's a sickness, but it is what it is, I could sooner change my team allegiance than I could my skin color.  

I am not suggesting reporters stop reporting, that's their jobs. If there is new information out there that is damning, fine, let's have it.  I'm SURE there are more stories.  I'm sure over time more stories will come out.  Dan's a schmuck.  Schmucks do schmucky things.  He's been the owner for 20 years.  I'm sure he's done a TON of schmucky things which haven't been reported.  

I guess where I've gotten to is the point of I just don't care to hear about how much of a schmuck he is anymore because I get it. On a rating of 0-100 on how much of a schmuck he is, he's already a 0.  Nothing new can come out that will make me like him less.  (Though, the sour milk thing did in fact make me shake my head.)  Unless it's going to result in his removal, I don't care.  

And here is an important point from my opinion: the owners are NOT going to just get tired of him and vote him out because of the accumulation of negative press. The accumulation of evidence that he's a schmuck, they know this already.  They're already tired of him.  Every story that comes out is not just building to a point where 24 owners will vote him out.  It's not like if there are 10 more stories over the next year 24 owners will change their mind.  These people can just self-isolate from the Dan drama and ignore it.  

1. A total smoking gun with completely inappropriate behavior which can be proved beyond a shadow of doubt.  Whether that's financial, sexual harassment, racial insensitivity,  whatever.  But it can't be vague, it has to be overt, it has to be recorded, and it has to be direct.  

2. A complete flop on the Stadium deal over the next 2-3 years.  The NFL wants a new stadium because it means more $$.  If he can't get one at all anywhere, eventually the owners might want to get somebody in who can. But he has a get out of jail free card here: He can just build FedEx 2 in the parking lot, kindof on the cheap, and he's got his stadium.  Who suffers?  The fans with probably another **** stadium experience 

So absent those things, he's going to be here.  And if he's going to be here, then I'd prefer to be able to root for the team, and it would be great if the team had some fan support.  That's probably a pipe dream at this point, but that's my feeling.  

Except he's not.  He's not even remotely uncomfortable.  He is probably miffed.  But he's miffed on a $200M super yacht in the French Riviera where he probably pays 20 minutes of attention to this daily, while he's living the good life, and letting Roger Goodell take the bullets for him, and Jason and Ron deal with the crap in his wake.  He'll pay a couple million to lawyers to make sure he won't appear before congress, and then he won't think about that any more either. 

He can self isolate himself from all of this noise.  He doesn't have to hear any of it.  He probably doesn't hear any of it. I'd be willing to bet he watched less than 10 minutes of the Goodell testimony.  Why would he bother?  Remember the story a few years ago where they did a survey of premium season ticket holders about Dan and Bruce's approval rating and they were SHOCKED it was negative? 

He is disconnected, arrogant, self-unaware and unbelievably rich. Which gives him the ability to basically ignore anything unpleasant.  

So, I don't think he is suffering.  And what's his ultimate punishment?  He is forced to sell the team?  He'll feel bad about that until $4 billion in cash hit his bank account.  Then he'll probably make peace with it.  

There is literally no way to make a billionaire feel bad unless they really want to feel bad themselves.  And Dan doesn't strike me as the type to want to feel bad, he's much more likely to blame somebody else, write it off as bad luck, and have a $1,000 pour of scotch.  

Again, if he really were suffering, fine.  But I think he thinks he's basically out of the woods.  The last thing which is an issue for him near term is the MJW investigation, and all the reporting says at the moment nobody feels like there is anything to the financial scandal stuff, and good luck proving the hand on the thigh under the table.

So, with that said, the only ones who ARE suffering through it are us, the fans, and the team.  Dan isn't suffering.  Dan's just fine.  

I want to make the abundantly clear: I am NOT defending Dan.  Not even a little bit.  He's 100% schmuck, he's destroyed the team that I love.  He is more responsible for that than anybody.  He has mistreated the fans, fostered an abusive workplace environment, meddled in football ops in an extremely negative way.  He's a special kind of scum bag.  I get all that.  And seriously, if he sells, BBQ at my place and everybody is invited.  (Unless there are too many, then we'll find a park.)  I want him gone, I want him out, and I would prefer it now.

But I'm also just so sick and tired of hearing about it, and it's doing no good.  It's not changing the minds of the other owners.  It's not helping the current team.  It's not helping the few remaining fans.  It's just not helping at all.  

So my preference would be the noise goes away, at least long enough for the football team to play the season without a black cloud hanging over their heads.  Unless there is something new, I just wish the old stuff would settle to a simmer.  I also fully realize I'm never going to get my wish.  So, there's that.  

You put into words my position on Dan better than I ever could. I’m a first time STH this year. I’m sure I’ll get backlash from some on this board for that. And I’ve had to defend it several times from people asking how I can support Dan. I’ll be honest I had no intention of buying STs when I went on my tour of the stadium this season for that exact reason. Several things went into me changing my mind and deciding to do it. 
1) it’s always been a dream of mine to have season tickets. Based on reduced prices and where I am in life at the moment made it realistic for this season at the very least.

2) despite the losing and the dump of a stadium going to games even if only 1 or a year has always been one of my absolute favorite things to do. 
3) I hate the situation we are in for the players and coaches they deserve the support and it’s not their fault the owner sucks nor should they be punished for it when they are the ones on the field on sundays

4) there are some good people working in that building now. Hell I don’t even look at my sales rep as a sales rep for the team anymore. She’s more like a friend at this point as she talks to me and wife at least a couple times a week and my wife doesn’t even have a ticket (could care less about football) 

5) Dan is going to be a billionaire whether he gets my 1800 dollars for the year or not. The big money every season comes from tv revenue 

6) Dan has already made this franchise less enjoyable as is and I decided Dan wasn’t worth me refusing something that was a life long dream, one of my favorite things to do, and an escape from day to day life. 

Like you I want Dan gone as much as anybody. I just decided he’s not worth me giving up something I love and had dreamed of. Especially when at the end of the day it wouldn’t mean much in the grand scheme of things. 

• Like 1

@Mrshadow008 people actually have given you **** for becoming a STH? Wow. People shouldn’t be **** on for being a fan and wanting to attend games. And I don’t think that’s a bad take at all, honestly.  

edit: quite silly to give THIS post a “thumbs down”. That’s just SAD. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The tricky part with all of this is that, like falling in and out of love, you can't just intellectualize it.  You can't do that will gut feelings.  Does't work that way, for most people at least.

I'm finding myself rooting for the organization to lose much more often now than win, which is a 180 degree turn from how I grew up with this team.  I NEVER thought it'd come to that.  However, Dan and his putrid ways/deeds FOR ME overcome emotions that want the team to win.  

Dan IS the team.  He's made that abundantly clear during his reign of terror.  Dan deserves nothing good.  Nothing.  And my goodwill towards anything that pig owns is something I simply cannot give.  It's not a heady choice.  It just is what it is at this point.  If I could rationalize it away and be able to simply separate Dan from the team then I would in half a heartbeat.  

But again...love and matters like this don't and won't ever fall prey to things like intellectualization and rationalization.  They are products of your experience and how you internalize that experience in your bones.    

For the record, I'm genuinely envious of any fan who can separate the team and Dan.   I really am.  And more power to you!!  

Sadly, I can never again join in that with a whole heart.  It's just not the way this thing is working for me anymore.  If that means I'm doomed as long as Dan and his lineage own the team, then I'm doomed.  

But the embarrassing name change, unis, roll-out, all make it easier.  And I was born in '75.  I'm a true child of the 80's and lived, remember, and feel the Camelot years to this day.  That is something Dan was in no way a part of and can never, ever take from me.  That makes it easier.

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

You put into words my position on Dan better than I ever could. I’m a first time STH this year. I’m sure I’ll get backlash from some on this board for that. And I’ve had to defend it several times from people asking how I can support Dan. I’ll be honest I had no intention of buying STs when I went on my tour of the stadium this season for that exact reason. Several things went into me changing my mind and deciding to do it. 
1) it’s always been a dream of mine to have season tickets. Based on reduced prices and where I am in life at the moment made it realistic for this season at the very least.

2) despite the losing and the dump of a stadium going to games even if only 1 or a year has always been one of my absolute favorite things to do. 
3) I hate the situation we are in for the players and coaches they deserve the support and it’s not their fault the owner sucks nor should they be punished for it when they are the ones on the field on sundays

4) there are some good people working in that building now. Hell I don’t even look at my sales rep as a sales rep for the team anymore. She’s more like a friend at this point as she talks to me and wife at least a couple times a week and my wife doesn’t even have a ticket (could care less about football) 

5) Dan is going to be a billionaire whether he gets my 1800 dollars for the year or not. The big money every season comes from tv revenue 

6) Dan has already made this franchise less enjoyable as is and I decided Dan wasn’t worth me refusing something that was a life long dream, one of my favorite things to do, and an escape from day to day life. 

Like you I want Dan gone as much as anybody. I just decided he’s not worth me giving up something I love and had dreamed of. Especially when at the end of the day it wouldn’t mean much in the grand scheme of things. 

Dude you don’t need to be embarrassed to be a fan of the team or answer to anyone for supporting them. We are going to have a great season on the field. I took my son to his first game ever last year in Vegas and it was such a great time. I’m going to Dallas and San Francisco this year. I will probably come to DC for the playoff game if it happens. That ls my plan. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@Mrshadow008 people actually have given you **** for becoming a STH? Wow. People shouldn’t be **** on for being a fan and wanting to attend games. And I don’t think that’s a bad take at all, honestly.  

Not on here. But there are some especially on the cesspool that is Twitter that goes after anybody that either has anything positive to say or spends money on the team. Hell I posted a picture Of the view from my seats at the Select a seat event back in mid February. There were a lot of positive comments but also the negative ones. A bunch complaining that the field looked awful even though it was you know mid February. Some asking why I would spend money on that god awful team. And others asking how i could support and give money to Dan Snyder. 

26 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dude you don’t need to be embarrassed to be a fan of the team or answer to anyone for supporting them. We are going to have a great season on the field. I took my son to his first game ever last year in Vegas and it was such a great time. I’m going to Dallas and San Francisco this year. I will probably come to DC for the playoff game if it happens. That ls my plan. 

Oh I’m not embarrassed by it as all I’m super excited about it as is my brother. Just saying there are those in the fan base that attack people that buy tickets, jerseys gear etc.

47 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Not on here. But there are some especially on the cesspool that is Twitter that goes after anybody that either has anything positive to say or spends money on the team. Hell I posted a picture Of the view from my seats at the Select a seat event back in mid February. There were a lot of positive comments but also the negative ones. A bunch complaining that the field looked awful even though it was you know mid February. Some asking why I would spend money on that god awful team. And others asking how i could support and give money to Dan Snyder. 

Oh I’m not embarrassed by it as all I’m super excited about it as is my brother. Just saying there are those in the fan base that attack people that buy tickets, jerseys gear etc.

As a former STH, I’ll happily give you some ****.  You made a really, really, really, ridiculously stupid decision.