Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

4 minutes ago, MintHillSkinsFan said:

I'm just gonna throw it out there, what he said is valid and is also representative of the opinion of approximately half this country.  If RR doesn't agree with it, ok but who the F is he to fine Del Rio $100 much less $100k just because he doesn't agree and it doesn't fit the new "woke" image and narrative of the NFL.  Johnathan Allen had the right response.  Yes, we may have different opinions but as long as he comes to work every day and works to make this team better on the field then that's what matters.

If Del Rio has a shred of integrity, he will tell RR to shove his $100k up his ass and turn in his resignation. 

I'm sure I'll get flamed here but go for it.  I know differing opinions get shut down in a hurry in this forum but I'm good with that.

Love y'all, peace out, HTTR!

Say goodbye,  hoss. You about to get a "hi there".

HTTR!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb up 1

When folks just have to “throw it out there” they tend to get thrown out themselves.  

Then they’ll call it “w0kE CaNCeL CuLtUre”  due to their difference of opinion, rather than accept the fact that they chose to willfully break the rules because they can’t help themselves.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

When folks just have to “throw it out there” they tend to get thrown out themselves.  

Then they’ll call it “w0kE CaNCeL CuLtUre”  due to their difference of opinion, rather than accept the fact that they chose to willfully break the rules because they can’t help themselves.

I'm genuinely curious as to what rule I actually broke other than having a different opinion from the mob?  Like Del Rio, I'm always willing to have a respectful conversation. 🙂

5 minutes ago, MintHillSkinsFan said:

I'm genuinely curious as to what rule I actually broke other than having a different opinion from the mob?  Like Del Rio, I'm always willing to have a respectful conversation. 🙂

Read the first sticky in this forum then read your message and you'll find your answer. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

Why do people keep saying it's about tweets?  It was at a press conference for the team.  THEN he doubled down on it.  THEN someone stole his phone and published his "apology."

Yeah, it's about saying it while wearing the uniform while he was acting in an official capacity. Lots of businesses restrict what you say publicly when you are representing them.

I have to be somewhat careful in my postings on social media with my current job. Even moreso if I am posting or communicating not on a personal account, but on my company letterhead. I bet that's true for a lot of us.

Just yesterday, a reporter from the Washington Post was suspended for a month for retweeting something. That something called into question their objectivity as a reporter and made the company look bad. The fine Del Rio received is actually not only pretty normal it's pretty tolerant for a multiple time offender.

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Yeah, it's about saying it while wearing the uniform while he was acting in an official capacity. Lots of businesses restrict what you say publicly when you are representing them.

I have to be somewhat careful in my postings on social media with my current job. Even moreso if I am posting or communicating not on a personal account, but on my company letterhead. I bet that's true for a lot of us.

Just yesterday, a reporter from the Washington Post was suspended for a month for retweeting something. That something called into question their objectivity as a reporter and made the company look bad. The fine Del Rio received is actually not only pretty normal it's pretty tolerant for a multiple time offender.

I agree with this.   My issue with JDR is not what he said, but the fact he did it as a member of this team.     This is a distraction we don't need.    

How can the coaching staff demand discipline from the players when the coach has no discipline himself?

10 hours ago, MintHillSkinsFan said:

I'm just gonna throw it out there, what he said is valid and is also representative of the opinion of approximately half this country.  If RR doesn't agree with it, ok but who the F is he to fine Del Rio $100 much less $100k just because he doesn't agree and it doesn't fit the new "woke" image and narrative of the NFL.  Johnathan Allen had the right response.  Yes, we may have different opinions but as long as he comes to work every day and works to make this team better on the field then that's what matters.

If Del Rio has a shred of integrity, he will tell RR to shove his $100k up his ass and turn in his resignation. 

I'm sure I'll get flamed here but go for it.  I know differing opinions get shut down in a hurry in this forum but I'm good with that.

Love y'all, peace out, HTTR!

You are not worth the effort to flame you.  You have made an ass out of yourself and don't need our help. We have done a pretty good job of toeing the line on this topic without making posts political to respect the forum rules. You crossed that line with your "woke" comment.  

As for Ron's comment it was rock solid. But I have to disagree that Jack now "understands the difference of the events". I don't think his opinion has changed one damn bit.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Burgold said:

Agree.  Jack as a private citizen can say or think whatever he wants.  But if you are working for a public organization where your specific views get tied into that public organization then you are responsible for them in the context of the team.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

We're getting dangerously closer to the line boys.  

Back to the stadium even if he finds a site, or uses RalJon, can he afford to build a stadium with all his debt?  

The team is worth about 4 billion, some say in a sale closer to 6.  He has an 875 million outstanding loan.  Supposedly he needs 2 billion for the new stadium.  

He did loan a lot of money to buy the team initially.  So maybe he's got a plan to do it again but this time on a much bigger scale. 

I don't see how he has 2 billion liquid when his net worth is so tied to the team.  People cite the 4 billion or so value of the team as proof of his wealth to do whatever needs to be done but that's not his revenue.   Unless he's actually selling the team he clearly doesn't have that 4 billion as working capital.

Some speculate that he does what he did years back, raise capital by taking on minority owners again. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Maybe he tries to sell 25% of the team to come up with the money?

And who would agree to take on a minority stake in this team given that the last set of minority owners were employing scorched earth tactics to get out of their stake? I think the reason the NFL felt compelled to float Snyder a risk-free loan to buy the rest of the team was specifically because there were no other candidates to buy the minority stake.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

And who would agree to take on a minority stake in this team given that the last set of minority owners were employing scorched earth tactics to get out of their stake? I think the reason the NFL felt compelled to float Snyder a risk-free loan to buy the rest of the team was specifically because there were no other candidates to buy the minority stake.

Two reasons someone would:

1) Maybe that person thinks Snyder will be forced to sell eventually

2) Getting some ownership stake in an NFL team puts you on the list of potential buyers for an available team.    David Tepper in Carolina is the latest example.   He owned a small percent of the Steelers.

Forget the politics, Jack has become a distraction on the field.  Every player is being asked about it and the press is trying to stir more controversy.  I don’t care what JDR thinks, I don’t look to the NFL for my values, but when it starts affecting the team he needs to go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The team is worth about 4 billion, some say in a sale closer to 6.  He has an 875 million outstanding loan.  Supposedly he needs 2 billion for the new stadium.  

He did loan a lot of money to buy the team initially.  So maybe he's got a plan to do it again but this time on a much bigger scale. 

I don't see how he has 2 billion liquid when his net worth is so tied to the team.  People cite the 4 billion or so value of the team as proof of his wealth to do whatever needs to be done but that's not his revenue.   Unless he's actually selling the team he clearly doesn't have that 4 billion as working capital.

Some speculate that he does what he did years back, raise capital by taking on minority owners again. 

Yeah I read the other day that in the original sale he only put up about $120 million of his own money for the team while his family put up another 90. Yeah that was a pretty substantial loan then as well. 

2 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

Someone absolutely would. I know others have scoffed at me when i mentioned Jay-z in the past but there were rumors he was interested in a minority stake here when the minority owners were selling before Dan became 100% owner. So not saying him specifically but somebody would have interest in buying a minority stake. Getting into the club also goes a long way in helping you buy a full team if one goes up for sale. Thats what David Tepper and Jimmy Haslam both did. Both owned minority stakes in the Steelers before buying the Panthers and Browns. Keep in mind NFL owners have to approve someone buying a team before allowing it. Its a large part of how we ended up with Snyder to begin with. He was originally part of another group and then owners went to him through back channels to put his own group together. Hell even the Broncos sale supposedly Josh Harris who also owns the 76ers was willing to bid up 5 billion for the Broncos but the NFL chose Waltons bid instead even though it wasnt quite as much money. Having your foot in the door regardless of the franchise could make a huge deal to someone looking to eventually be a majority owner even if it means somewhere like here

https://www.si.com/nfl/commanders/news/jay-z-buy-washington-football-team-nfl-ownership