Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

I don't care what Del Rio thinks, but how hard is it NOT TO TWEET?

Especially when your defense has drastically underachieved and the linemen don't think the philosophy and techniques being taught are good.

Good Lord.

Yeah exactly.   You don't have to tweet what you think especially if you are a public figure.

I just listened to McPike on the radio who said he was going to meet with Wright to talk over again traffic/transportation issues tomorrow but now he canceled it.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

5 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

0% chance they were going to vote for it, anyway. This is just an excuse for excuse's sake.

It sounds a little ridiculous anyway because Del Rio is not even really a face of the franchise. I barely remember his name half of the ****ing time lol

This McPike comment is basically a guy with limited power swinging his pretend dick around. 

I say this as someone who thinks Del Rio needs his head examined and will be using this to talk **** about him outside of the Stadium 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

It sounds a little ridiculous anyway because Del Rio is not even really a face of the franchise. I barely remember his name half of the ****ing time lol

This McPike comment is basically a guy with limited power swinging his pretend dick around. 

I say this as someone who thinks Del Rio needs his head examined and will be using this to talk **** about him outside of the Stadium 

But the other thing about it this that speaks to what you’re saying here is like really you would potentially nuke a deal over a guy whose very likely to not even be here by the time the stadium opens 

3 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

But the other thing about it this that speaks to what you’re saying here is like really you would potentially nuke a deal over a guy whose very likely to not even be here by the time the stadium opens 

Right! Like who the **** is Del Rio to the Commanders? Really? He's effectively a nobody. Thats like saying you wont let the Raven move to Baltimore cause Ray Rice hit his wife. What? **** Ray Rice lol 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

No, it’s just easier to explain on the news than trying to teach people in this country for the 500th time that every single bit of research ever done shows publicly-funded stadiums do not earn back the level of investment put into them. It’s just subsidizing billionaires. But jackasses being involved makes it even easier to say no.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

I wonder how many times Rivera is going to let JDR make him look like a fool. I guarantee whenever he’s fired (soon, or after the season if the defense underperforms again, or any time after that) we start to hear stories about how most of the locker room didn’t respect JDR, and “oh the defense is going to gel now and all be on the same page under new leadership”. Feels predictable. 

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Some folks look at the following and for some odd reason think that a war is going on…

image.gif.7c4b86f4c9576546660a2ee872c74d1b.gif

…Others look at it and only notice the piano in the foreground and later wonder what all the fuss over this clearly trivial  “dust up” was all about.

And some folks are just in the wrong profession.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My buddy is a Raiders fan and said JDR's tweeting issues goes back to his Head coaching job days in Oakland and that his tweets divided the locker room.

How can he not simply stay off social media? Why can't Ron simply tell him to or else? Bizarre. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

My buddy is a Raiders fan and said JDR's tweeting issues goes back to his Head coaching job days in Oakland and that his tweets divided the locker room.

How can he not simply stay off social media? Why can't Ron simply tell him to or else? Bizarre. 

I keep asking the same question.    Has the media asked Ron?  I haven't heard him comment on this

@Skinsinparadise Would like your feedback on this.  If RR is growing tired of the JDR tweets and if there are issues and a change is made keep an eye on Eric Washington from Buffalo who is serving as their DL coach, currently.  He goes back to Carolina with RR as RR's DC in both 2018 and 2019 before joining McDermott in Buffalo.  A name to keep an eye on.  

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I keep asking the same question.    Has the media asked Ron?  I haven't heard him comment on this

Rivera said something about not answering questions "not pertaining to football."

**** JDR. This was such a stupid ****ing thing to do, then double-down on, regardless of political beliefs.  He's the No.2 coach on the goddamn team and some of his defenders are saying that he's a no one?  JFC

You, me, ANYONE would be fired on the spot right after the mic got cut off.

What an embarrassment for this franchise.  Again.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Looks like somebody’s trying to save his job…

My take: Too little too late.

I mean, he’s out the team in a bad spot.  You really shouldn’t fire anybody for their political views as long as they are not impeding them from doing their job. Just like you shouldn’t fire somebody for their race, gender or sexual orientation.  

Are his political views impeding him from doing his job? Maybe.  

But firing people because of their beliefs (even if I don’t agree with Jack here at all) is a massively slippery slope.  He would almost certainly have a wrongful termination lawsuit which, unless they can prove his views and tweets were impacting his ability to do his job, he almost certainly would win.  (Or would settle, most likely)

I mean, if they could figure out how to do it, I’d fire him today and bring Fangio or Zimmer in for a season.  

But I don’t know if they can. 

He needs to stop tweeting for sure, however

And the true Irony is Dan is probably livid with him because Of the bad press around the stadium vote but might also agree with him.  

• Like 3