Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

8 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

For me, it's almost as if the losing doesn't matter anymore.  It pales in comparison to all the other ****.

You mentioned the Browns and while they've been largely inept, I feel like their ownership and leadership hasn't been made up of scoundrels like Dan Snyder.  Sure, Art Modell moved the team to Baltimore, but that's one instance and while it sucks for fans, franchises move from time to time.  Modell wasn't (as far as we know) cooking his books and trying to get nudes of his cheerleaders. 

Same for the Red Sox, same for the "loveable loser" Chicago Cubs.  Only in recent years have the Red Sox become villains, but for a long time there people pulled for them because they hadn't won in such a long time.  No scandals, no huge ownership issues, no book cooking...same with the Cubs.  

Like I said, it's almost as if the losing doesn't matter anymore.  I'd much prefer it if Snyder was a good dude who had just made bad hiring decisions along the way, but was out front and open with the media and fans and wasn't constantly embroiled in bull****.  Just a guy who pulled for the team as hard as we do and was committed to getting it right.  **** man, it'd be great to consider this franchise "loveable losers" like the Cubs.  Compared to where we are now, that seems way more appealing.

In fact, the more I sit here and think about it the losing DOESN'T matter to me.  Know how I know?  Because if somehow the team won the Super Bowl this year, I'd be sitting on my couch full of beer, nachos, pizza and burgers, happy as hell but also having to take a giant **** and holding out on having to duckwalk to the bathroom because I wouldn't want to miss the postgame interviews and all the other hoopla.  Probably would also be here on ES typing away and talking a lot of ****, too.

But then...THEN...at some point they'd have to have Goodell hand that trophy to Snyder and I'd be so irate I'd lose control of my bowels and just **** all over the sofa.  I can just see it now, all 5'6 of him wedged between Chase Young and Terry McClaurin and Carson Wentz, his head at their armpits with that **** eating grin, a piece of **** of a man who, to feel better about himself, has to surround himself with professional athletes so he can feel some type of worth and hope that maybe a drop of their jock strap sweat falls on his forehead to bless him with a bit of athletic ability that he never had as a kid.  And for that ****ing guy, it would mean everything to him.  It would mean that every ****ing move he made over the past 20+ years, every scandal, every cheerleader who felt unsafe, every front office exec who was treated like a piece of ****, every fan who he ****ed over on a deposit...it was all worth it to him. 

Because I guarantee for that ****ing guy, the ends absolutely justify the means.  

And I'd be left there, sitting in my own feces on the couch not enjoying a Super Bowl win because it would mean that Dan Snyder has his grubby little paws on a Lombardi.  So, yeah, the winning and losing doesn't matter to me anymore.  

Maybe invest in an adult diaper.

19 hours ago, Burgold said:

I mean, the Dawg Pound, the Red Sox, and other teams had been losers for decades. They were completely hopeless team. New Orleans nicknamed their team the "Aints" and yet the fandom stood strong. 

I've been a Red Sox fan longer than I was a Redskins fan.  So I must correct you.  The Sox were never losers for decades. They were good but choked in the end of the year or in the playoffs.  But you can't choke if you weren't in the position to go from good to out.  And for the vast majority of my life they had good records, they were never the Browns or the Orioles now.    

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

Sheehan podcast from today:

While he agrees that the current allegations will not lead to FTC bringing charges nor the owners voting to force him to sell, he believes it's possible multiple owners plead with him to sell. That, coupled with the dwindling funding opportunities for the new stadium could very well motivate him to sell.

The only thing I don't think Sheehan takes into account here is how much Snyder wants the team to stay in his family forever. It's the classic mafia thing. Utter scum at the top of the food chain, but they have this "devotion" to their family that almost exceeds their greed. I put that in quotes because it's really just more narcissism, i.e., "even when I die, I'll still own the team through my family."

That's why I seriously doubt he'll just decide to sell on his own and will instead have to be forced out. Especially if his kid desperately wants to "own the team one day." 

It's absolutely unreal that all these things could've come out and the NFL has yet to act other than that pathetic fine/charitable deduction. I do think the current investigations will likely lead to some sort of suspension at this point, but, amazingly, there probably needs to be more for the hammer to finally drop on this douche. Good news is, I'm sure that more is out there. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Getting rid of Snyder because of him diverting gate receipts and the two sets of books, depends on two factors.

If diverting gate receipts is a leaguewide practice (or at least the majority of teams do it to some extent) then the other owners are not going to pursue Snyder over it. The NFLPA will have something to say, but their beef will be with the NFL, rather than just Snyder.

The two sets of books issue may just turn out to be an extension of the above. If Snyder only showed the fake accounts to the NFL, then it just comes down to if other owners are doing the same thing.

But, if he used the fake books for his tax returns, and it somehow reduced his tax liability, then he's in big trouble.

Every chance to get rid of Commander ****wit is worth clinging on to, but I'm not going to pop the Champaign just yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Getting rid of Snyder because of him diverting gate receipts and the two sets of books, depends on two factors.

I would hope that EVERYTHING would be taken into consideration regarding getting rid of him, not just this latest "cooking the books" thing. I'm still amazed that more hasn't been pursued (as far as I can tell) on the cheerleader video front. Why not just subpoena Larry Michael and anyone who worked there during that time and ask them all under oath who ordered these to be made and for what purpose? "Help us, Mary Wan-Jo White. You're our only hope."

48 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I would hope that EVERYTHING would be taken into consideration regarding getting rid of him, not just this latest "cooking the books" thing. I'm still amazed that more hasn't been pursued (as far as I can tell) on the cheerleader video front. Why not just subpoena Larry Michael and anyone who worked there during that time and ask them all under oath who ordered these to be made and for what purpose? "Help us, Mary Wan-Jo White. You're our only hope."

I agree, but the problem with the videos is that there may not be a paper trail. Consider these two possible scenarios:

A: Snyder tells Larry, Bruce, or whoever, that he wants a pervy video made. So they approach the film department and tell them that Snyder wants them to make the video. The vid is made and Larry, Bruce, or whoever give it to Snyder.

B: Larry, Bruce, or whoever, wants a pervy video made. So they approach the film department and tell them that Snyder wants them to make the video. The vid is made and Larry, Bruce, or whoever keep it for themselves.

Which one is true? Unless there is recorded proof of Snyder either requesting, or even having knowledge of the video, then he can claim total ignorance of it.

Most of the other stuff just seems to show that Snyder is a cheap, slimy, weasel of a man. Something that has been known for years, and not something that the other owners seem to care about.

Edited by London Kev

1 hour ago, ClaytoAli said:

This is hilarious! 

A informative thread turned into a venting/therapy thread.

🤣

There’s more than 600 pages and very little of it has been informative if we’re being honest, but it is for sure therapy for some. Why does it seem like you don’t want Snyder to go? The tone of your last few posts in here are odd.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

The only thing I don't think Sheehan takes into account here is how much Snyder wants the team to stay in his family forever. It's the classic mafia thing. Utter scum at the top of the food chain, but they have this "devotion" to their family that almost exceeds their greed. I put that in quotes because it's really just more narcissism, i.e., "even when I die, I'll still own the team through my family."

That's why I seriously doubt he'll just decide to sell on his own and will instead have to be forced out. Especially if his kid desperately wants to "own the team one day." 

It's absolutely unreal that all these things could've come out and the NFL has yet to act other than that pathetic fine/charitable deduction. I do think the current investigations will likely lead to some sort of suspension at this point, but, amazingly, there probably needs to be more for the hammer to finally drop on this douche. Good news is, I'm sure that more is out there. 

This is not about his kid owning the team this is about another owner coming in and immediately being loved and finding success. Dan knows he’s a fraud and he could never handle someone else succeeding where he completely failed. His ego can’t take that hit. That’s the only reason he holds on. He probably would be jealous of his kid succeeding as owner if Dan gave him the team before he died. 

Pretty wild this guy just doesn’t sell. His team sucks directly because of him, there is heat on him at every turn between the sexual harassment issue and now the financial ones and above all - a majority of the city flat out wants him gone - yet this guy digs in. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, dyst said:

Pretty wild this guy just doesn’t sell. His team sucks directly because of him, there is heat on him at every turn between the sexual harassment issue and now the financial ones and above all - a majority of the city flat out wants him gone - yet this guy digs in. 

Ego and a foolproof money maker are why we are stuck with this loser forever. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, London Kev said:

I agree, but the problem with the videos is that there may not be a paper trail. Consider these two possible scenarios:

A: Snyder tells Larry, Bruce, or whoever, that he wants a pervy video made. So they approach the film department and tell them that Snyder wants them to make the video. The vid is made and Larry, Bruce, or whoever give it to Snyder.

B: Larry, Bruce, or whoever, wants a pervy video made. So they approach the film department and tell them that Snyder wants them to make the video. The vid is made and Larry, Bruce, or whoever keep it for themselves.

Which one is true? Unless there is recorded proof of Snyder either requesting, or even having knowledge of the video, then he can claim total ignorance of it.

Most of the other stuff just seems to show that Snyder is a cheap, slimy, weasel of a man. Something that has been known for years, and not something that the other owners seem to care about.

The nfl doesn’t care because while not all owners are as sleazy as Dan is; their teams probably have some sexual harassment, etc.. issues on their own. They are more than happy let all the ire be directed at Dan and his problems and not anyone look into their team; to see if there are or were similar issues.

• Like 1

If this whole 2 sets of books money hiding story is true, and i have my doubts, but if it is true then I think it was Bruce Allen's baby... No way Snyder came up with this himself.

Hell, half the time he seems like he couldn't find his own ass with both hands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Ego and a foolproof money maker are why we are stuck with this loser forever. 

Absolutely. Ironically if he sells, he would still be rich but the ego is the real challenge. He wants to be right.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, shemp nixon said:

If this whole 2 sets of books money hiding story is true, and i have my doubts, but if it is true then I think it was Bruce Allen's baby... No way Snyder came up with this himself.

Hell, half the time he seems like he couldn't find his own ass with both hands.

The second set of books was there to make sure the commission payments were correct for the ticket sellers like Friedman. Way too many people involved and had knowledge of the scheme to defraud the NFL. Bruce would have designed it better. This is some amateur hour skimming with idiotic level of risk for very little reward.

If they look at Freidman’s commission statements, the payouts won’t match the official books sent to the NFL if he’s telling the truth. The emails between him and the CFO are damning. This isn’t going to be hard to prove. They have the former SEC head leading the investigation. It will be hilarious if Dan is ousted for a few hundred thousand dollars of amateur level skimming.  I personally don’t think they are going to care about the amount. If it happened, it’s game over.

• Like 1

So, question:

What if all of the financial impropriety stuff turns out to be somewhere between untruth and just flat lies?  What would people think?

I'm not sure if it is or it isn't, but only one side of the story is being told.  And the Congressional Democrats know that it's good politics to beat on Dan Snyder.  (That's not a political statement, it's just a statement of fact.)

Multiple things can be true all at once:

- Dan Snyder is a terrible owner.

- Jason Friedman was a terrible employee.  He got fired, and is butt hurt about it. And willing to basically say/do whatever, knowing he's going to be a sympathetic figure no matter what, since everybody hates Snyder.  

- The Congressional Democrats are trying to score points with their constituencies by going after a political enemy and massively unpopular dude in an election year. One thing that REALLY stands out is based on the reporting (JP and others) the committee NEVER reached out to the Commanders for any rebuttal or explanation before sending the letter to the FTC.  This screams grandstanding.  They want to make headlines, and if it turns out there's nothing to it, THOSE won't actually be headlines.  

Again, this is not a political statement, but The Hunt for Red October got it absolutely right:  "I'm a politician, which means I'm a cheat and a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing their lollypops."

I tend to hate all politicians.  And I think the ones on the subcommittee are totally grandstanding with no actual evidence of anything.  Which, while I really want Dan ousted, also is a massive turnoff.  I also just don't get the feeling Friendman is particularly credible. He worked as a VP in the ticket office for 20+ years.  I was a season ticket holder, both premium seats and regular.  I dealt with the ticket office often.  It was run by a bunch of cheats and liars.  And I somewhat believe Friedman was one of those cheats and liars.  It wouldn't surprise me AT ALL if most of this stuff is complete conjecture and lies.  

Something Gutman said on Sheehan's podcast really stuck with me:  In the letter, there is a reference that Wilkinson KNEW about this stuff as part of her investigation.  And if Wilkinson knew, you can damn well be sure Goodell knew.  And Goodell did nothing, at least as far as we know.  So, ergo, I am included to believe the NFL doesn't care about any of this stuff. It's also entirely possible it's common practice amongst the other teams.  

And, as a slight aside, THAT is what the committee SHOULD be investigating.  They should have subpoenaed the season ticket deposit policy from every single team, and every league, to determine if there were unfair practices at play, so they could address it with law.  Gutman said that also.  THAT would have been in keeping with their legislative mission.  However, they didn't do that.  Because they don't have a legislative mission.  They have a "win the next election" mission, and taking a hard stand against an unpopular guy who supports their opponents seems like good politics.  

Which doesn't change my desire to see Dan sell the team.  

My hope, as it has been for some time, is a group of owners would go to Dan and just say, "look, it's NEVER going to get any better.  Just sell, take the $4.5 Billion CASH you're going to get, and buy a small country. We'll help you in every way we can."

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The nfl doesn’t care because while not all owners are as sleazy as Dan is; their teams probably have some sexual harassment, etc.. issues on their own. They are more than happy let all the ire be directed at Dan and his problems and not anyone look into their team; to see if there are or were similar issues.

I also would be willing to bet they are all holding their breaths HOPING nobody notices they do virtually the same thing all over the place.

In fact, I wouldn't be AT ALL surprised if something like the "skimming" wasn't somewhat "sanctioned" BECASUE it meant the money stayed with the NFL (ie: owners) and was not part of the pool reported to the NFLPA. 

And while the NFL owners probably HATE Dan, they DETEST the NFLPA.  So, could I see a bunch of them being like, "yeah, we're going to charge more and keep it, and not disclose it. You do you.  Just don't get effing caught."

I could totally see that.  

All of these people are scumbags.  Ok, maybe not all.  But a lot of them.  On all sides.

Dan is on the scummier side.  But I really wonder, if the media in any city had decided to attack their owner the way the media has had it in for Dan here, I wonder if some owner would have been brought down.  I mean, if you look into a lot of these folks, there is some sketchy stuff with a lot of them.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The second set of books was there to make sure the commission payments were correct for the ticket sellers like Friedman. Way too many people involved and had knowledge of the scheme to defraud the NFL. Bruce would have designed it better. This is some amateur hour skimming with idiotic level of risk for very little reward.

If they look at Freidman’s commission statements, the payouts won’t match the official books sent to the NFL if he’s telling the truth. The emails between him and the CFO are damning. This isn’t going to be hard to prove. They have the former SEC head leading the investigation. It will be hilarious if Dan is ousted for a few hundred thousand dollars of amateur level skimming.  I personally don’t think they are going to care about the amount. If it happened, it’s game over.

Thanks for the insight, brother... The NFL should not **** around here. Get Dan out, sell the team to someone who will be a good owner. This is an important franchise, or at least it used to be.