Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

The last sentence below is hilarious. They just took the leagues word that they would be investigating...

image.png.c265abe0c1d5022fc8122e4b2c92bba8.png

Roger has committed to Mary Jo White providing a written report that will be made public. We shall see. 

49 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Roger has committed to Mary Jo White providing a written report that will be made public. We shall see. 

My hope is Dan just waves the white flag. 

I don’t think MJW is going to come up with anything.

Here’s our silver bullet:  the NFL wants a new stadium filled with people (they don’t care about who, just paying fans) in DC and they went more eyes on the local team in this market because it’s good for business.  

If they have just become convinced Dan will never be able to get out of this mess and therefor they won’t get new stadium money from the local/state’s governments, and the stadium is going to be a problem.  

That might just push them over the edge to find a way to convince Dan to sells. I don’t think there is any scenario they vote to oust him.  

God I hope it ends up that way and sooner rather than later 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

My hope is Dan just waves the white flag. 

I don’t think MJW is going to come up with anything.

Here’s our silver bullet:  the NFL wants a new stadium filled with people (they don’t care about who, just paying fans) in DC and they went more eyes on the local team in this market because it’s good for business.  

If they have just become convinced Dan will never be able to get out of this mess and therefor they won’t get new stadium money from the local/state’s governments, and the stadium is going to be a problem.  

That might just push them over the edge to find a way to convince Dan to sells. I don’t think there is any scenario they vote to oust him.  

God I hope it ends up that way and sooner rather than later 

MJW is going to find exactly what Roger wants her to find. The NFL wants Bezos as a partner. He drove up the Sunday Ticket price to $2.5 billion a year for Apple by having Amazon bid but not win and it more than doubled the $1.2 billion Directv was paying. If he doesn’t buy the Broncos it means he has a back door handshake deal to take over Washington. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

? I stated that i knew that was a joke, since i was well aware you weren’t serious. We can take this to PMs if you’d like, but I’m done here. 

To be honest, Im just not sure considering your position there can be a discussion without heavy bias and thats probably for the best.  I dont want to reveal too much for those that havent connected the dots but there is major skin in the game, regardless of which side is telling the most truth(and my opinion is always the truth is almost always in the middle) so I dont want to step on family toes if it can be avoided.

Back to the discussion at hand, its very interesting that the commanders letter's description of his interaction with this subordinates and those of the women who were sexually harassed within the organization are literally opposite eachother and can in no way be reconciled.

Edited by Peregrine

10 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

MJW is going to find exactly what Roger wants her to find. The NFL wants Bezos as a partner. He drove up the Sunday Ticket price to $2.5 billion a year for Apple by having Amazon bid but not win and it more than doubled the $1.2 billion Directv was paying. If he doesn’t buy the Broncos it means he has a back door handshake deal to take over Washington. 

Maybe.  I'd be all for that.  

I won't believe it until I see it. I still think the NFL is not going to push Dan out.  I think they might try to convince him to sell.  In fact I would be SHOCKED if they weren't trying to do that on a daily basis.  But I still don't think they've got the balls to hold a vote and throw him out.  Too much risk, and they'd prefer to deal with the one rotten apple than have the whole apple cart overturned.  

I heard somewhere Bezos has absolutely no interest in Denver.  (Why, I don't know.  Lovely mountains.  Good skiing close by.  Big airport.  But whatever.)

Does he have interest in the Commanders?  I dunno.  COULD he buy a team while Amazon is partner with the league?  I guess anything is possible, but there are some collusion/anti-trust things which would have to be worked out there.

There is another group who would be interesting, though I have no idea if they would be remotely interested: the Lerners.  They seem like they want to sell the Nats.  They are real-estate developers with good relationships with all of the politicos in and around the city.  The Commanders need a new stadium.  Maybe it would be interesting for them to try and replicate what they did with the Nats stadium project with the Commanders somewhere.  I haven't seen this reported anywhere, so it's just pure 100% speculation.  But if they do sell the Nats, they would have enough dry powder to buy the Commanders (at least put a heck of a down payment on the team and finance the rest), and the NFL would look favorably at them as an ownership group because of the success they had building and keeping the Nats competitive, developing a loyal fan base, and developing an area into a flourishing money making machine.  That's got to put dollar signs in the eyes of the NFL owners. 

So we sit and wait.  We'll see.  I don't think there will be resolution on this until at the earliest 2023.  I think until then it's going to be back and forth, back and forth, statement vs. statement, etc.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I heard the Sheehan podcast with Neil.  Just as I had suspected it is hard to believe that Friedman had access to such information.  So I'm back to believing this will never happen and will always wonder why a league would keep a member who is so bad for their image.  

There is so much behind the scenes that we don't know. These radio hosts and callers like "Neil in Rockville" are commenting on things they don't necessarily have the full info on. Everyone has their "expert take." The only one I'm interested in is the FTC. If they choose to investigate based on what's shared with them, that's all we need to know about the quality of the allegations. And same holds true if they don't. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I heard the Sheehan podcast with Neil.  Just as I had suspected it is hard to believe that Friedman had access to such information.  So I'm back to believing this will never happen and will always wonder why a league would keep a member who is so bad for their image.  

Cause the truth is,  they want to protect themselves.  Even if they are innocent,  they don't want to have fellow owners coming after them. It's all about protecting their own self interest.

Assholes will do whatever they have to as long as it doesn't **** with their interests. 

The owners are trying to keep the reputation of the league in a positive light.  Even if it means covering for one of the own. They don't want the spotlight on them, but going after Snyder will only bring that to the forefront.  These ****tards are doing their damndest to protect that little **** (while more importantly trying to protect themselves) and hoping it goes away. 

Problem is, in the forum of public transparency,  they cannot continue to force a blind eye on what Snyder is doing. That game is over. Now the owners have to decide: protect the 🛡 or protect one of their own ( regardless of how ****ed up it is).

An end is coming.  Just not sure it will be the ending we Redskins hope for.

HTTR!

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

The owners are trying to keep the reputation of the league in a positive light.  Even if it means covering for one of the own. They don't want the spotlight on them, but going after Snyder will only bring that to the forefront.  These ****tards are doing their damndest to protect that little **** (while more importantly trying to protect themselves) and hoping it goes away. 

While I get your point, I don't get how Dan making the newsline with is sins is puting the NFL in a positive light.

Just a reminder of what we've gone through those last 2 years:

- Sexual harassment and Toxic workplace culture.

- DEA raiding the team facilities. Even if it's due to a lonely guy or two, that's bad advertising.

- Congress investigating the team for the first line.

- Congress transmitting stuff to FDC about possible financial fraud.

- Maryland, DC and Virginia attorney wondering about investigating the team too.

If they just wanted to keep the league reputation in a positive light, they would have canned Dan Snyder some long time ago.

And I'm not even gonna go on the new stadium subject that is far from given for this team and this very specific owner.

• Like 2

On 4/16/2022 at 6:20 PM, skinsfan4128 said:

Commanderintherye's idea of a good time:

200.gif.dc61ccd2d5916b1d03fe69a1019c6f6b.gif

"It puts the lotion on it's skin."

Those were glorious times indeed. But time diminishes all.  -- sigh --

Now it looks like even my 2022 best in forum double fisting trophy is in jeopardy...

I thought I was the ultimate double fisting terrorizer but after seeing this guys mits and imagining the damage he could do with them, I need  therapy for a bad case of what Freud called,  "fist envy."

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Ah, so more of the coincidentally timed diversity drops from the team.

I guess there must be much more fire to the Friedman stuff than we thought.

Anytime the poop starts swirling, they roll my man Doug out like a scene from Get Out.

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Haha 12
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I don't know if anyone follows the team on Instagram but ever since they announced that Influencer would be working with the team the comments section for The Commanders has been overtaken by bots. 

They may have increased their followers but it is 100% with bots. 

Huge fail.

4 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I don't know if anyone follows the team on Instagram but ever since they announced that Influencer would be working with the team the comments section for The Commanders has been overtaken by bots. 

Huge fail.

Just following what other sites do in other realms of life.

Maybe the bot can be our mascot.

6 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Huge fail.

I hardly ever use instagram anymore, so i havent seen their instagram posts in a while. How does a social media correspondant lead to bots overtaking the comment section? 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I hardly ever use instagram anymore, so i havent seen their instagram posts in a while. How does a social media correspondant lead to bots overtaking the comment section? 

My guess is that the bots follow the influencer and whatever she is associated with. Part of the deal is that she is supposed to increase traffic and visibility for the brand I just don't think it's real people. 

The comments throughout the season where mostly about football. Now it's mostly about tits and ass. 

Edited by CobraCommander

Just now, CobraCommander said:

My guess is that the bots follow the influencer and whatever she is associated with. Part of the deal is that she is supposed to increase traffic and visibility for the brand I just don't think it's real people. 

Oh that makes sense. Yeah, that’s annoying. 

Took longer than I thought, but Commanders showing their true ugly face now with direct attacks on Friedman, including accusing him of "lying to his own mother," lol. You can't make this **** up. They put that in a statement. 

The buffoons who advise this buffoon are utter buffoons, as is ANYONE who falls for this nonsense. 

I have no idea what kind of person Friedman is, but all that matters is whether his accusations are true or not. Sounds like he hit a nerve at least. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 86 Snyder said:

Anytime the poop starts swirling, they roll my man Doug out like a scene from Get Out.

So, I'm pretty anti-team and anti-Dan Snyder (you can check the receipts). But do you guys really think this is the type of thing they could slap together this quickly? Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't put anything past them...and maybe they are just slightly more prepared with Jason White here. Maybe they have a list of "distraction items" queued up that they can select from when they need it. I just don't think this is something they could have thought up on the fly. 

22 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

So, I'm pretty anti-team and anti-Dan Snyder (you can check the receipts). But do you guys really think this is the type of thing they could slap together this quickly? Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't put anything past them...and maybe they are just slightly more prepared with Jason White here. Maybe they have a list of "distraction items" queued up that they can select from when they need it. I just don't think this is something they could have thought up on the fly. 

LMAO.  Really?  Did yo…did you miss the Sean Taylor jersey retirement?

Yes, this is exactly the type of bull**** they pull.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

LMAO.  Really?  Did yo…did you miss the Sean Taylor jersey retirement?

Yes, this is exactly the type of bull**** they pull.

I'm sure after the next negative item drops, this team will belatedly decide to hold a celebration on the life and career of Bobby Mitchell. And then stand around at FedEx waiting for him to show up. I can see Jason Wright at the podium now:

"Bobby Mitchell was like real important to this team and the city. Real important. We're not sure what's keeping him from being here today, but we want him to know that we appreciate his career and hope he knows he was real important."

Bobby Mitchell died in 2020.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1