Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

All I hear is "allegations" and "rumors".   Lots of it coming from Dems and WaPo.  Sounds suspicious to me.   But hey, if Dan has to sell, so be it.

I wonder if the Lerner family selling the Nats has anything to do with them maybe buying the team?    Although, how can anyone outbid  Beszos?

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

All I hear is "allegations" and "rumors".  

You should read Sally Jenkins’ piece, she goes more into the types of documents and emails that were provided as evidence. This gun is actively smoking. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Ask your Doctor if Hopium is right for you!*

* Side effects include butterfly sensation in your stomach, excessive energy and involuntary aphorisms. Call your moderator if hope remains high for more than 4 hours. 

No threat of high hope around here. Better head to Cowboyzone!

On 3/2/2022 at 2:08 PM, Giddy4Gibson said:

Again, I don't have to post here. Really, have no desire to now after all this crap. Mods can do whatever they want, no skin off my back.

You don't. But evidently you want to. 

Goodbye GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

All I hear is "allegations" and "rumors".   Lots of it coming from Dems and WaPo.  Sounds suspicious to me.   But hey, if Dan has to sell, so be it.

I wonder if the Lerner family selling the Nats has anything to do with them maybe buying the team?    Although, how can anyone outbid  Beszos?

You must be a blast at parties.

HTTR!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I love the roller coaster of emotions in here monthly. I almost think Snyder is vindictive enough to hire people to put out fake stories just to see the fanbase get excited… and then he laughs as he sees your hopes and dreams dashed again and again.

So he does the same thing in the offseason as the team does during the actual season.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

You should read Sally Jenkins’ piece, she goes more into the types of documents and emails that were provided as evidence. This gun is actively smoking. 

I know some think that makes me a Snyder apologist, but I just want to see all the evidence.   

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

This is how I feel right now: “I am in a state of ecstasy. Never mind that nonsense about euphoria and so on, it is sheer unadulterated uncompromising ecstasy!”

Nice quote there Squire. :) 

The notion of other owners engaging in financial shenanigans cuts both ways. It's just as likely they'd throw Snyder to the wolves to direct attention away from them. Stonewalling makes them look like coconspirators and assures that any investigation goes league-wide.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

This was texted to me a little bit ago.

Choi was the CFO & CAO.

Mitch was mentioned back during the cheerleader/harassment scandal & claimed he didn't remember anything.

No idea yet on the redacted names...

IMG_1612.thumb.jpeg.b5fe6cec4a14800296d9106fe4107131.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I know some think that makes me a Snyder apologist, but I just want to see all the evidence.   

It's been well documented within those 591 pages of this very thread if you want to read them.

It's not about evidence, really, but about how the other owners feel about this whole **** coming at them due to Dan Snyder.

As many said, other owners are probably doing the same kind of things and here is the situation as of lately:

1. As of last weeks, 6 attorneys generals warned the NFL about workplace environment. From 6 differents states.
  2. The Congress is having an oversight of the allegations of sexual misconduct and toxic workplace culture at Commanders.
  3. Now the Congress is passing info to FTC because they are wondering what the **** is going down there with Financials, comparing the Commanders to the Godfather.

It has to be ****ing serious in many owners shoes as I believe not that many of them would welcome the FTC to put his eyes, fingers and everything that goes with it in their accounts. Because if they do, the NFLPA may ask for a check and see if players were ****ed up in any way. Then, that's the whole NFL that'll be checked and thus every and one team. Which might really get ugly.

And they don't want a horse head in their bed either.

Still, the best part in all of this now, is that well... They can kick Dan out of the NFL, but the train keep on rolling all night long and it all get messy as they'll all come out and play over the NFL.

• Like 1

For me the “smoke” started when Dan decided to change the name. Something he was always so adamantly against and even smug about. Then the push to over compensate by going on a diversity hiring binge and finally hiding behind his wife so as to blind the public eye. He’s been trying desperately to wait it out because he knows there is smoke. 

The last sentence, conveyed with nonchalance, could deliver the death knell for Daniel Snyder. The league has implicitly acknowledged that White, who was specifically hired to investigate allegations made by former Washington employee Tiffani Johnston against owner Daniel Snyder, will more generally investigate the “serious matters” raised by the Committee.

Those matters include, as we now know, allegations that security deposits were withheld from season-ticket holders and that ticket sales that should have been shared with the NFL was kept by the team, via an alleged shell game that involved allocating revenue to non-NFL events.

If these allegations can be proven — and it appears based on the letter sent by the Committee to the FTC that testimony is backed up with documents — it undoubtedly will be the end of Snyder’s 20-plus-year tenure as owner of the team.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 10

S

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The last sentence, conveyed with nonchalance, could deliver the death knell for Daniel Snyder. The league has implicitly acknowledged that White, who was specifically hired to investigate allegations made by former Washington employee Tiffani Johnston against owner Daniel Snyder, will more generally investigate the “serious matters” raised by the Committee.

Those matters include, as we now know, allegations that security deposits were withheld from season-ticket holders and that ticket sales that should have been shared with the NFL was kept by the team, via an alleged shell game that involved allocating revenue to non-NFL events.

If these allegations can be proven — and it appears based on the letter sent by the Committee to the FTC that testimony is backed up with documents — it undoubtedly will be the end of Snyder’s 20-plus-year tenure as owner of the team.

As mentioned, it looks like this one could be fire and not smoke.  If so, what a time to happen.  A little over two weeks out from the draft. Gotta say that RR and Co. have done a good job keeping things together.  I hope we have a great draft and we play well and make the playoffs with a QB that has the ability to turn things around and injured players returning. This team is better than it's record.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, profusion said:

I

If there was a skim, then the Redskins might have kept it small enough at any one time so as not to arouse auditors' suspicion.

An audit isn't a criminal investigation. They're going to look at the books they're given and only raise a concern if things look off.

I mean, sure, but if you’re a billionaire owner and a billion dollar organization, why the hell are you going through all the effort to skim a couple hundred Thousand?

i mean, maybe just because you can is the answer… but it makes no sense.