Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

5 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Why not?  If there's another bidder and I'm sure there will be others; why can't he sell to them?

It’s not fully up to him. The league (the 31 other owners) has to approve the new owner. And if he’s selling under duress because he’s being forced out, it’ll be up to him even less .

I still stick by my theory that he’ll be bought out by the league as quickly as possible to get it out of the news and to keep his mouth shut, the league itself will steward the team for a couple months while they find the next owner, and then it’ll be sold again for even more. Everyone wins and the news cycle during those months becomes about who will buy the team, not the fact that Snyder is being forced to sell it.

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Why not?  If there's another bidder and I'm sure there will be others; why can't he sell to them?

If Dan is caught breaking the law and convicted, NFL may take the team from him and sell it themselves.  This is uncharted territory.

Even if it doesn't go down like that, the owners have final say on the sale, they could block someone like a friend of Snyder if they wanted to.

We should confirm the rules here in regards to NFL taking the team from Snyder versus being forced to sell, I'll be back.  End of the day, Snyder doesn't have final say in who the sale goes to, the other owners do (my understanding).

• Like 3

I think that in many years, in retrospect, we are going to look back at this 20+ year run of futility under Dan Snyder & almost be in sheer disbelief that we ever witnessed a run so miserable, pathetic & downright putrid.  The man single handedly ran the Washington Redskins into the ground & straight to hell.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

30 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Pipe dream next owner would be anyone who'd change the name back to the Redskins.

This is like a little kid dreaming of his parents getting back together after they’ve divorced. Time to grow up, little Timmy

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

23 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Is this all based off of the one dudes testimony? If so, could be a long legal battle proving his claims to be true beyond a reasonable doubt. Snyder is a stubborn sob. He's not going down without a fight.

Someone else (at least one) corroborated it. There are emails and documents. You should really read some of the articles. 

Also, he doesn’t need to be taken down legally whatsoever. The other 31 owners just have to be pissed about what comes to light, it’s 100% in their hands. This isn’t really about criminal charges or a day in court for us. The owners just need to want him gone, or see more upside in getting him gone than continuing to look bad covering for him. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 4

Seriously though this has got to be it.  I mean for the love of everything that is just please force this SOB to sell this team.  I cant take anymore.  Not one more second of my franchise being dragged through the mud.  Being the laughing stock of the league.  Enough.  Dan, from me to you, GFYourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Conn said:

This is like a little kid dreaming of his parents getting back together after they’ve divorced. Time to grow up, little Timmy

We all hope (well, at least 99% of us) want him gone, and this is clearly the most serious it’s gotten.  But I can’t help but to think about the 2013 collusion and what Snyder has on the other owners about that.  He couldn’t do a damn thing when they handed out the cap penalty, but if they take his team away, he could go nuclear if something is there from 2013.

• Thumb down 1

32 minutes ago, Commander -JB- said:

I think that in many years, in retrospect, we are going to look back at this 20+ year run of futility under Dan Snyder & almost be in sheer disbelief that we ever witnessed a run so miserable, pathetic & downright putrid.  The man single handedly ran the Washington Redskins into the ground & straight to hell.

I do that now.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Commander -JB- said:

Trust me it will seem even more ****ed up when we aren’t living it LOL

It truly has been a **** show and getting rid of him is the only thing that will make it stop. I roll my eyes at the people on here who still think we just need to find a franchise quarterback or we just need to be patient because everybody gets a turn to be good in the NFL… If you have **** leadership, you’re gonna have a **** organization and Dan will always provide **** leadership as long as he owns this team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I hope the stench of this never leaves Jason Wright. He deserves all the disgrace that’s coming his way. Ron I feel bad for.

Definitely need to clean house.  Of course who knows how long it will take for Dan to have to sell the team & lose ownership stake.

The sports law guy on Keim's podcast put a damper on the idea that this will get Snyder out...he basically said the guvmint would only really care about taking money from fans, not about taking money from other teams. That they would want to hear from all people mentioned (directly and indirectly) in order to hear what they have to say about the info in the emails, because right now it's too one-sided...he said something like it sounded like an interview and not testimony, where there's no real threat of punishment involved if the person isn't truthful. And that the govmint's first thought would likely be "How many other teams are doing this same thing?" and possibly launch a league-wide investigation.

8 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

The sports law guy on Keim's podcast put a damper on the idea that this will get Snyder out...he basically said the guvmint would only really care about taking money from fans, not about taking money from other teams. That they would want to hear from all people mentioned (directly and indirectly) in order to hear what they have to say about the info in the emails, because right now it's too one-sided...he said something like it sounded like an interview and not testimony, where there's no real threat of punishment involved if the person isn't truthful. And that the govmint's first thought would likely be "How many other teams are doing this same thing?" and possibly launch a league-wide investigation.

That’s the thing they are saying he took money from fans on top of it. Part of this is the team not returning deposits to fans like they were supposed too

4 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

That’s the thing they are saying he took money from fans on top of it. Part of this is the team not returning deposits to fans like they were supposed too

Yeah I know...they sports law guy was saying that. His point, though, was that the FTC most likely wouldn't get too invested in the ticket sales "juicing" stuff and would leave that to the NFL to decide if it's worth pursuing. He also kept emphasizing that it's too one-sided right now, that he'd want to see all of the emails and not just read a summary or excerpts of emails because he'd want to know the context of those excerpts...as well as talk to any and all people mentioned or part of the email chain to have them shed more light on what's being discussed. Keim kept asking him what he sees as being the most problematic for Snyder and his overall view seemed to be "Nothing right now."

27 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

This feels like a basic misunderstanding of what would get Snyder out. Nobody was ever counting on criminal charges or civil suits. Getting this on the owners radar is what we needed, not charges being brought (that would be incredible, but how often does that happen to billionaires?). None of the rest of that matters if the NFL decides to take a second look at the books and/or the owners are just pissed off enough to force him out. All it takes are 31 rich dudes (or less) doing the cost benefit analysis on keeping Snyder around and finally changing their minds. Whatever the Oversight Committee or the FTC or anyone else brings to the table is just more ammo for them to consider. 

The fear of a league-wide investigation might be exactly what forces the owners to drop the hammer on Snyder so they look as concerned about taking care of this in-house as possible, but who knows.  There may come a time when NOT appearing to take it seriously makes them look complicit, as Sally Jenkins wrote in that article today.

Edited by Conn
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Forever A Redskin said:

part of me thinks this goes nowhere due to Dan having dirt on the commish or other teams doing the same exact thing or worse.

Pipe dream next owner would be anyone who'd change the name back to the Redskins.

The Redskins is dead and buried. The new owner might ditch the Commanders name or if he keeps it ; alter the colors and logo.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

This feels like a basic misunderstanding of what would get Snyder out. Nobody was ever counting on criminal charges or civil suits. Getting this on the owners radar is what we needed, not charges being brought (that would be incredible, but how often does that happen to billionaires?). None of the rest of that matters if the NFL decides to take a second look at the books and/or the owners are just pissed off enough to force him out. All it takes are 31 rich dudes (or less) doing the cost benefit analysis on keeping Snyder around and finally changing their minds. Whatever the Oversight Committee or the FTC or anyone else brings to the table is just more ammo for them to consider. 

The fear of a league-wide investigation might be exactly what forces the owners to drop the hammer on Snyder so they look as concerned about taking care of this in-house as possible, but who knows.  There may come a time when NOT appearing to take it seriously makes them look complicit, as Sally Jenkins wrote in that article today.

I see it as a fear of a league-wide investigation would actually make the owners circle the wagons to reach a conclusion that no fans were effected. Well, based on what that guy said, anyway...because he made it sound like no way in hell the FTC will believe only one team was doing it. So showing that no team is doing it would be a better outcome.

The sports law guy kept emphasizing that there really isn't enough yet to start feeling one way or another about how this would effect Snyder, and downplayed how attorneys would view things like the emails. Fans see it as damning, he appeared to think it's not nearly enough as-is.