Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

4 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

“We adhere to strict internal processes that are consistent with industry and accounting standards, are audited annually by a globally respected independent auditing firm”

here’s a pic of Dan with his CPA team:  Marty & Wendy Byrde 

image.gif.8e26ae0b9b376c1cdca05e2a590d74ad.gif

Julia Garner Thank You GIF by IMDb

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Conn said:

Very good point that if the NFL doesn’t on the surface freak out about this and drop the hammer on Snyder, it makes everyone go “hmmm you don’t seem super upset about him cooking the books, what’s up with your books then?” 

They almost have to act like this is shocking, appalling, and worthy of the death penalty as an owner to look clean themselves. 

I said this when this started to surface a while back. I’d be very surprised if this kind of practice is isolated to this organisation. Maybe it is. Don’t know. Given the books go through multiple audits too, the whole things makes various aspects of league governance appear weak.

Dan won’t go down the toilet alone in my opinion. It will draw into question how the league is being ran, starting at the top.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Dan won’t go down the toilet alone in my opinion. It will draw into question how the league is being ran, starting at the top.

Either greed or vengeance will win out, it'll be tidier for us if his greed tells him it's best to voluntarily sell and make the best he can on his investment.  But, protracted legal battle with the League could take down some other nefarious fellas so that'd be fun too?

I'm still not sold that the League will force this issue, but I'll hope for now.

Edited by Bifflog

7 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

That's fine.  Quite frankly, I don't give a Frenchman's **** about who else all goes down the toilet as long as the biggest turd (Dan, duh) goes first.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

“We adhere to strict internal processes that are consistent with industry and accounting standards, are audited annually by a globally respected independent auditing firm”

here’s a pic of Dan with his CPA team:  Marty & Wendy Byrde 

image.gif.8e26ae0b9b376c1cdca05e2a590d74ad.gif

Ridiculous that season 4, part 2 comes out on night two of the draft.

6 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I said this when this started to surface a while back. I’d be very surprised if this kind of practice is isolated to this organisation. Maybe it is. Don’t know. Given the books go through multiple audits too, the whole things makes various aspects of league governance appear weak.

I think the league would pay him an ungodly amount of money to stfu on the way out before that happened, if it was even a real threat. We think of Snyder as petty and vindictive of course but that’s when he’s the big fish in a small pond, as a billionaire among millionaires and less.

He doesn’t have the ****ing balls to become Al Davis and actually fight the other billionaires and be ostracized openly in his circles (right now it’s not done openly and I guarantee he thinks he’s in the cool kids club because he’s a narcissist recluse). At heart he’s a coward and cowards only punch down, not at their weight class or higher. In the end he’d go sniveling into extravagant retirement on his yacht before he’d actually fight 31 other billionaires imo. The “he’d go down swinging and try to burn it all down around him” narrative is overdone imo. There’s nothing in his personality like that when dealing with his actual equals (or betters). Only those he knows he can wield power over. He’s a bully, not brave and not principled. That’s my amateur take. 

• Like 2

Benjamin Allbright is usually right. He just basically said Bezos isn't interested in Denver ownership because he's holding out for Washington.

It makes way too much sense. If I were a betting man (I am, so I just need the odds posted somewhere) I'd drop $100 right now on Bezos being the next owner of the Commanders. Whatever the odds are, and they're probably pretty high ...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

I think the league would pay him an ungodly amount of money to stfu on the way out before that happened, if it was even a real threat. We think of Snyder as petty and vindictive of course but that’s when he’s the big fish in a small pond, as a billionaire among millionaires and less.

He doesn’t have the ****ing balls to become Al Davis and actually fight the other billionaires and be ostracized openly in his circles (right now it’s not done openly and I guarantee he thinks he’s in the cool kids club because he’s a narcissist recluse). At heart he’s a coward and cowards only punch down, not at their weight class or higher. In the end he’d go sniveling into extravagant retirement on his yacht before he’d actually fight 31 other billionaires imo. The “he’d go down swinging and try to burn it all down around him” narrative is overdone imo. There’s nothing in his personality like that when dealing with his actual equals (or betters). Only those he knows he can wield power over. He’s a bully, not brave and not principled. That’s my amateur take. 

Well depicted view of the sniveling turd... he is petty as ****, I can only imagine he has substantial dirt on big players within the NFL. He is literally NEVER in the limelight for something positive, our franchise is literally NEVER in the limelight for something positive. Maybe we get a NY minute here and there, Alex SMith's comeback, RG3's flash in the pan... but even those. AS who seemed buddy buddy with Mgmt turned on them recently, we all know the RG3 saga. Its always negative, it never ends well. How long can this go on!?!?!?!?!?!

• Like 1

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but go read the Washingtonian article posted right before HQ2 was announced for Arlington. Everyone working on that deal knew that Bezos was heavily investing in DC ... the social circles ... wanting to be a social savant ... it's why he bought the Washington Post and renovated the mansion in Kalorama and it's why he brought HQ2 here even though he was getting out of the CEO role. He wants to pull strings, host parties ... hobnob with anyone with any level of importance.

If you don't think Jeff Bezos would gobble up the Commanders franchise with the chance to put a state of the art facility in the region to show off ...

This is Bezos' team now, we're just waiting for it to become official.

Also, you damn well bet a Bezos owned Commanders is getting the RFK site.

The Commanders are a toy and a vessel for him to achieve his continuing influence and he has $200 billion to play with. $5 billion for the team and $2 billion for a stadium is basically change in the couch cushions for him.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Well depicted view of the sniveling turd... he is petty as ****, I can only imagine he has substantial dirt on big players within the NFL. He is literally NEVER in the limelight for something positive, our franchise is literally NEVER in the limelight for something positive. Maybe we get a NY minute here and there, Alex SMith's comeback, RG3's flash in the pan... but even those. AS who seemed buddy buddy with Mgmt turned on them recently, we all know the RG3 saga. Its always negative, it never ends well. How long can this go on!?!?!?!?!?!

+1.  Enough is a f...... nough.

This is how I feel right now: “I am in a state of ecstasy. Never mind that nonsense about euphoria and so on, it is sheer unadulterated uncompromising ecstasy!”

FAIR WARNING: I am double fisting everbody right now!!!

If you ever wanted to get a good old American double fisting while jumping in the air emoji on your post today's your lucky day!

Anybody that posts stuff against Snyder gets both my fists as hard as I can give 'em!

Those of you that are shameful "negative Nelly posters" are excluded and might even get a thumbs down emoji.

DISCLAIMER: Will keep double fisting til I get warn down from the effort. Then maybe come back later.

TODAY IS THE DAY THE WORM DONE TURNED BOYS AND GIRLS!!

SNYDER IS GOING SOON!!

Nuff talking. Gotta go get back to double fisting folks!

Yee haaaaaa!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

10 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but go read the Washingtonian article posted right before HQ2 was announced for Arlington. Everyone working on that deal knew that Bezos was heavily investing in DC ... the social circles ... wanting to be a social savant ... it's why he bought the Washington Post and renovated the mansion in Kalorama and it's why he brought HQ2 here even though he was getting out of the CEO role. He wants to pull strings, host parties ... hobnob with anyone with any level of importance.

If you don't think Jeff Bezos would gobble up the Commanders franchise with the chance to put a state of the art facility in the region to show off ...

The Commanders are a toy and a vessel for him to achieve his continuing influence and he has $200 billion to play with. $5 billion for the team and $2 billion for a stadium is basically change in the couch cushions for him.

I personally would welcome Bezos as the owner.  The richest guy in the world, that's heavily invested in the area, and is also already in good with the league.  I'll take it.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I personally would welcome Bezos as the owner.  The richest guy in the world, that's heavily invested in the area, and is also already in good with the league.  I'll take it.

And assuming he brings the same ethos he had with Amazon, he was obsessed with customer satisfaction and it was often at the expense of vendors and employees. So maybe it won't be great to work for Commander Bezos, but being a fan should be really, really good again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I agree with all of that.  But Bezos doesn't need a football team to cement himself as...well, THAT.  Yes, they are a toy and a vessel...but he doesn't need a football team to achieve consulting influence.  

I mean, he's Jeff Bezos.  He can pull strings and host parties and make deals with people just fine without a football team.  

That all said, I'm sure hoping he winds up as owner.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

This is how I feel right now: “I am in a state of ecstasy. Never mind that nonsense about euphoria and so on, it is sheer unadulterated uncompromising ecstasy!”

If you ever wanted to get a good old American double fisting while jumping in the air emoji on your post today's your lucky day!

Anybody that posts stuff against Snyder gets both my fists as hard as I can give 'em!

Those of you that are shameful "negative Nelly posters" are excluded and might even get a thumbs down emoji.

DISCLAIMER: Will keep double fisting til I get warn down from the effort. Then maybe come back later.

SNYDER IS GOING SOON!!

Yee haaaaaa!

this should go into the taken out of context thread. 

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I mean, he's Jeff Bezos.  He can pull strings and host parties and make deals with people just fine without a football team. 

He wouldn't be doing it for doing deals per se ... he doesn't need anything else that money can't buy (other than maybe politics, if he's interested).

Read this: https://www.washingtonian.com/2018/04/22/inside-jeff-bezos-dc-life/

Soon we’ll all know him. You may even bump into the man. Just as Bezos has busied himself pushing his Seattle company to new feats, the inventor of the “everything store” has been quietly moonlighting in a town that, friends say, he views as an everything city—a delta of diplomats and techies, military engineers and journalists, powerbrokers and problem solvers, a mélange perfectly suited to the tinkerer’s heterodox taste. Confidants report that Bezos spends more time in Washington than in any other city outside of Seattle—ten trips a year, give or take—and for good reason. Not content merely to own the local newspaper, the retail guru has become the owner of the largest home in DC. In 2016, he bought the former Textile Museum, a 27,000-square-foot mansion in Kalorama, and last year he began a massive renovation and expansion—the plans for which foretell the ambitiousness of the life he intends to have here. All of this prefigures the question of whether Amazon will bring its new headquarters—HQ2, in the parlance of the 20 municipalities vying to win it—to Washington, too.

Bezos is attracted — like a moth to light — to Washington.

“What he’s going to do is revive the legacy of Kay Graham and her great socializing—bringing smart, interesting people together in a social context,” says Jean Case, referring to the late Washington Post publisher. Case and her husband, Steve, the cofounder of AOL, have been friends with the Bezoses since the mid-’90s. Over breakfast in front of the fireplace at the Cases’ home earlier this year, Bezos described his plans. “That’s how they see this house that they’re renovating in Kalorama,” Case says. “They’ll really use it as a magnet of smart, interesting people from all walks.”

It makes sense that a billionaire with numerous interests before the federal government might resurrect Graham’s fabled salons—to some, an artifact of a time when politics was supposedly less blood sport. Yet Bezos also owns homes in Beverly Hills, West Texas, and New York. His infatuation with the nation’s capital provokes its own riddle even among those who know him. “It’s a bit of a mystery to me—whether he has political ambitions or thinks he needs to be on the right side of Washington, for Amazon,” one friend of the Bezos family admits. Yet “Bezos is attracted—like a moth to light—to Washington.”

• Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

SNYDER IS GOING SOON!!

Yee haaaaaa!

family-guy-brian-griffin.gif

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Benjamin Allbright is usually right. He just basically said Bezos isn't interested in Denver ownership because he's holding out for Washington.

It makes way too much sense. If I were a betting man (I am, so I just need the odds posted somewhere) I'd drop $100 right now on Bezos being the next owner of the Commanders. Whatever the odds are, and they're probably pretty high ...

With the news about the Lerners thinking about selling, Bezos might get a BOGO.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2