Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

^ who’s Brandon Noble? Guessing he played for us in the Gibbs 2 years? I dont remember him. 

Played DT for us from 2003-2005. I only know this because of Madden. He was always one of the slower DTs on the roster, Cornelius Griffin and Joe Salave'a were my go-tos. Ryan Boschetti was always the first player I'd fire.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Played DT for us from 2003-2005. I only know this because of Madden. He was always one of the slower DTs on the roster, Cornelius Griffin and Joe Salave'a were my go-tos. Ryan Boschetti was always the first player I'd fire.

I remember him because he used to play for Dallas 😡

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

I think that would be the end of the conversation if someone that had no authority over me demanded I call them "Mr".

Yeah, if i was the father of the kid, i wouldve said “yeah, ok, again thanks Dan” and gave him the finger. 

also, kinda related (i guess) story, but pretty funny: my dad, for some reason, always calls people “doctor”. Like, when they say “(first name)”, he’ll respond with “doctor”. Well, one night, we’re out at dinner, checking in for our reservation. This restaurant had some idea of what my dad did for work, or that it was at least important. The check-in guy sees my dad walk in to join us. He says “mr (last name)”, and my dad says “doctor”. And the guy says, in the MOST apologetic way ever, “oh, sorry. DOCTOR (last name)” and looked so embarrassed. My sister and i caught what had just happened, my dad however was completely oblivious. We filled him in after we got seated, he thought it was the funniest thing ever.

2 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

As being called “Mr”, I would think that’s pretty much the norm in any company. I know Patriot players refer to Bob Kraft as “Mr Kraft.” Would people that work at Microsoft call Bill Gates by his first name? 

That's a business setting and an employer/employee situation.  That's different than expecting some random person you don't answer to having to call you "Mr".

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

As being called “Mr”, I would think that’s pretty much the norm in any company. I know Patriot players refer to Bob Kraft as “Mr Kraft.” Would people that work at Microsoft call Bill Gates by his first name? 

This is first time I worked somewhere that I didn't meet the owner of the company yet, called all of them on first name basis, and they were cool with it.  My understanding is the female ceo of my current employer (which is a government IT contracting company) doesn't demand that either, I dont find what you are talking about as normal from personal experience. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I could be wrong, but didn’t Jay Gruden usually refer to Snyder as Dan, in press conferences? 

You need to casually throw back a 30-rack of Coors Light with Snyder to officially be on a first name basis. Jay probably did that daily.

Apart from Dan, it's largely a generational thing. 50 years ago, you didn't use the first name of someone you didn't know very well. It was considered overly familiar and disrespectful. That's probably where Darrell Green is coming from with that, as he seems like a pretty formal guy.

With Dan, it's just ego and power.

33 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is first time I worked somewhere that I didn't meet the owner of the company yet, called all of them on first name basis, and they were cool with it.  My understanding is the female ceo of my current employer (which is a government IT contracting company) doesn't demand that either, I dont find what you are talking about as normal from personal experience. 

Same, but my company tries to have an informal atmosphere. In academia, especially before I was doing research it was a lot more formal. Dr. So and so. Mrs Blah. To show respect. I can see it both ways. 

But I would expect that some environments are more business like then others. For insurance my research teams were all on first names because it was a lot more informal. When we went to conferences it was formal in presentations then informal at other times. I'd expect a football team to be informal at most times, but Dan isn't involved in football only in being boss so I don't expect him to come from a non business point of view

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, if i was the father of the kid, i wouldve said “yeah, ok, again thanks Dan” and gave him the finger.

I would have said "Daniel" instead of Dan. Probably only his mother and dad are calling him Daniel anymore, and that probably means he did something wrong.

95% chances that would piss him off even more.

Now to get back on topic, as we've had enough the the "Mr. Freeze" talk :P

But according to Mike Florio and PFT, Congress is also inquiring about the use of NDAs. Which might as well spell trouble for the NFL and Dan, who loves to uses them.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/28/congressional-inquiry-also-targets-nfls-use-of-ndas/

The U.S. House Committee on Oversight and Reform wants to know more about the Washington Football Team workplace misconduct investigation and the manner in which the league handed it. There’s another important, but largely overlooked, aspect of the Congressional inquiry.

The Committee wants to know more about the use of non-disclosure agreements by NFL teams.

Last Thursday’s letter to Commissioner Roger Goodell asks the league to “confirm the number of confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements reported to the NFL, or entered into by the NFL, from January 1, 2016, through the present, including the names of the teams involved, dates of the agreements, and whether the agreements resulted from allegations of discrimination and retaliation.”

The letter also asks this question: “What actions has the NFL taken, if any, regarding the use of confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements in matters related to workplace abuses since January 1, 2016?”

Congress seems to be really serious about this stuff and the article seems to imply a parallel with Jerry Richardson in the sense that the league had some people sign NDA just to shut up, then forced Jerry Richardson to sell the team.

If true, you have to wonder why they haven't done the same to Dan...

8 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

Saying the media does hit jobs on Snyder, does not equal " Snyder and Allen are both really good people ".

I didn’t say it was.  But I’m certain that those words have been said on here at some point by somebody.

My point was that positive Dan talk is practically extinct now.  If there are folks who still believe he unfairly gets a bad wrap, they are no longer speaking up.

There is no meat left on that bone.  The “hit jobs” 99.9% of the time are true.  The Epstein issue is the .1%.  I loathe Dan and even I knew that was too good to possibly be true.  But its no longer subjective, he is an awful human being and maybe a worse team owner.  That’s not debatable.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2

What’s with the obsession of folks talking about Snyder supporters? I’ve read this board for a long time and I literally hardly ever see it, the closest I’ve seen is specific situations where posters won’t believe something because it doesn’t seem logical, but I never read anything positive about Snyder. Seems like a pointless hill to die on.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BudLighticke said:

What’s with the obsession of folks talking about Snyder supporters? I’ve read this board for a long time and I literally hardly ever see it, the closest I’ve seen is specific situations where posters won’t believe something because it doesn’t seem logical, but I never read anything positive about Snyder. Seems like a pointless hill to die on.

There was once a loud support system for him saying he's just a passionate fan and it's all done in love and what would you do if you owned a team. It's quieter now but it was here. Part of why I was so high on Bruce was because I was anti those guys and wanted Snyder as far away as possible and thought Bruce was doing that (by his frugal free agency spending which was so contrary to Dan under Vinny). But dude was a stain.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

There was once a loud support system for him saying he's just a passionate fan and it's all done in love and what would you do if you owned a team. It's quieter now but it was here. Part of why I was so high on Bruce was because I was anti those guys and wanted Snyder as far away as possible and thought Bruce was doing that (by his frugal free agency spending which was so contrary to Dan under Vinny). But dude was a stain.

Yeah I guess it’s hard to remember that many years back but certainly in the last few there are very few that I can recall. I agree with everything you said though.