Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I sincerely hope it's better. I hope Tanya is helping as much as suggested and bringing out the best of Dan.

The good people who work there deserve it. The fans deserve it.

It only took 22 years. He's learning. Give him time.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

It only took 22 years. He's learning. Give him time.

He's still essentially a rookie...

Whoops, sorry. Was having an acid flashback lol.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So my "Snyder (and Tanya lol)" posts worked!

Edited by Califan007
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

He's still essentially a rookie...

Whoops, sorry. Was having an acid flashback lol.

Ha!  It is crazy though that he's owned the team 22 years and is still one of the youngest owners in the NFL.  I believe him, Clark Hunt and Michael Bidwell are all 55.  

Nepotism, anyone? When is the announcement that his son (Dwayne Haskins' buddy) will be named GM? 😁

Seriously, this just makes it easier for Snyder(s) to cover everything up. After all, Tanya won't let her husband go down with the ship. There have been countless examples over human history of wives enabling corrupt husbands.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 2

The Tanya thing is transparent BS.  She's been married to him for 27 years, including all 22 years of his ownership of the Redskins.  Either she hasn't cared about his behavior and the way he runs the team, or she's supported it.  What will naming her co-CEO change?

13 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

What will naming her co-CEO change?

It will put a much prettier face on this rebrand instead of Dan's ugly mug. That in itself is priceless. Nothing more. And I 💯 agree with your point that she knew.

Russell said in a podcast a few days ago that two sources told him that Guice was Dan Synder making a pick again against the wishes of Kyle Smith and company.  So we got stories of his infatuation with Haskins, working through some tea leaves, he might have been the Landon Collins guy.  He was the dude pushing for the McNabb trade.  Some say RG3 albeit some say Shanny was in lockstep with him. 

Going back to the Cerrato era -- overriding his scouting staff to take Malcom Kelly instead of Jordy Nelson.  Patrick Ramsey.  Apparently according to one WP story he was smitten by Brady Quinn but the scouting staff fortunately talked him out of it.  the almost trades for Sanchez, Chad Johnson, Lance Briggs. 

My point is for a dude who supposedly is never in his building, he sure still knew how to be one of the most interferring owners in the NFL. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I mean it’s believable.  If I was filthy rich and wasn’t needed I’d be traveling and be back for game days.  If we really sucked maybe back for a few games.  Honestly he is probably only there for meetings and such.  I don’t see Snyder living at the facility. 

2 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I mean it’s believable.  If I was filthy rich and wasn’t needed I’d be traveling and be back for game days.  If we really sucked maybe back for a few games.  Honestly he is probably only there for meetings and such.  I don’t see Snyder living at the facility. 

I don't dispute that.   My point was it doesn't matter if he's physically in the building or not.  Dan seems to be using that as proof that he's been hands off.  But it clearly doesn't prove that at all.  The only thing on that topic he could hang his hat on IMO is by not being in the building he could claim he didn't witness the sexual harassment.

This is coming from one of the loudest critics of Bruce when he was here, I still find it stunning how much Dan puts this on Bruce.   This WSJ article is another dose of it with Dan referring to that idea that he mocked Bruce to himself when Bruce said the culture is damn good. 

As much as i didn't care for Bruce, the culture is on Dan IMO not Bruce.  He's the CEO.    He might not have been privvy to the sexual harassment (no way to know yet one way or another) but even if so the culture of nastiness/fear/scapegoating was a Dan hallmark.  That was an established narrative well before the WP stories came out.

I was listening to Sheehan today.  He went on about he didn't know Dan but knows others who know him and Tanya.   In short he said Tanya is a good communicator and is a pleasant person to deal with whereas Dan isn't a good communicator and is not a pleasant person to deal with. 

Aye yi yi.....some twitter moron tried telling me that the team has taken “years” to find a new name. When i said that’s not true, he says “they’ve played without one last year, and are going to this year, the next time they will, will be the year after. 1+1=2, + 1=3”

gaaaaahhhhhh 😂😂😂😂 how the ****.......how the actual ****......do these people get dressed on their own in the morning without falling over??? 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Aye yi yi.....some twitter moron tried telling me that the team has taken “years” to find a new name. When i said that’s not true, he says “they’ve played without one last year, and are going to this year, the next time they will, will be the year after. 1+1=2, + 1=3”

gaaaaahhhhhh 😂😂😂😂 how the ****.......how the actual ****......do these people get dressed on their own in the morning without falling over??? 

Did you tell them your mom is Co-CEO now?

• Haha 2

Didn't see that one coming, but it falls in line nicely with the efforts the team has been pushing forward to re-focus the organization moving forward.

A family company vs a family owned company is the kind of narrative you would want to push. T. Snyder has done a lot on the charitable and crowd relations side so putting her is a more distinguished position helps that angle.

In terms of putting a better face on the organization, I see that as a major win.

They have been doing a lot work in the front office to return us to respectability. Step by step they are improving, can't ask for much more.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Russell said in a podcast a few days ago that two sources told him that Guice was Dan Synder making a pick again against the wishes of Kyle Smith and company.  So we got stories of his infatuation with Haskins, working through some tea leaves, he might have been the Landon Collins guy.  He was the dude pushing for the McNabb trade.  Some say RG3 albeit some say Shanny was in lockstep with him. 

Going back to the Cerrato era -- overriding his scouting staff to take Malcom Kelly instead of Jordy Nelson.  Patrick Ramsey.  Apparently according to one WP story he was smitten by Brady Quinn but the scouting staff fortunately talked him out of it.  the almost trades for Sanchez, Chad Johnson, Lance Briggs. 

My point is for a dude who supposedly is never in his building, he sure still knew how to be one of the most interferring owners in the NFL. 

Could have had Jordy Nelson & Desean Jackson and ended up with Devin Thomas & Malcolm Kelly michael jordan laughing GIF

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

On 6/19/2021 at 7:48 AM, Califan007 said:

So for me, it’s all about the helmet emblem…nail that and the name approval will follow. 

There is definitely truth to this statement.  I think the reason I abhor Redwolves so much is none of the designs I saw spoke to me.  I also think it would be a mistake to keep “Red” in the name.  A tough aggressive looking logo would certainly help me get over it…in time.

Edited by Painkiller
  • Like 2