Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

57 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think most people will think that fixing Mayfield and taking the cursed Browns to the playoffs (and maybe a division title) is more impressive than winning the terrible NFC East with a losing record. 

Yeah, that’s def one way of looking at it. He’s still the number 1 overall pick though so he’s talented af. And Cleveland retooling goes back a few years, as does Washington’s I guess.  I’d have no problems either way really if they want to give it to a more winning team. But again, it’s all relative. From the #2 pick to a division title, even one w/o a great record + Cancer+qb carousel+Recent historical failure+Covid+team name+organizational upheaval... it’s quite the job. Just giving Ron his due and the staffs kudos. I won’t feel bad either way, but good on the home team for making good on a not ideal situation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, profusion said:

It was so meritless he paid her $1.6 million to keep quiet. Alrighty then.

"In a court filing late Wednesday, Washington Football Team owner Daniel Snyder asserted that allegations of sexual misconduct made by a female former employee against him in 2009 were “meritless” and that the team agreed to pay the woman as part of a confidential settlement after its insurance carrier decided to settle."

Which insurance pays 1.6 million Dollars to settle if the accusations are meritless? If that's the case I need to find someone who has an insurance plan with that company.

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

"In a court filing late Wednesday, Washington Football Team owner Daniel Snyder asserted that allegations of sexual misconduct made by a female former employee against him in 2009 were “meritless” and that the team agreed to pay the woman as part of a confidential settlement after its insurance carrier decided to settle."

Which insurance pays 1.6 million Dollars to settle if the accusations are meritless? If that's the case I need to find someone who has an insurance plan with that company.

To be fair this happens in healthcare quite a bit coming from a healthcare administrator.  They would rather just get it over with sometimes. Dealing with the bad press ends up being more of a hassle than just tossing some money their way.   Does the ins really want someone telling everyone that the doctor they saw that they cover removed the wrong things?  No the hope is you pay and everyone shuts up so it eventually goes away. No different than McDonald’s settling on hot coffee to cut off the momentum.  Every idiot knows the coffee is hot but they still pay up countless settlement claims a year just because they don’t want it dragging on. 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

48 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

To be fair this happens in healthcare quite a bit coming from a healthcare administrator.  They would rather just get it over with sometimes. Dealing with the bad press ends up being more of a hassle than just tossing some money their way.   Does the ins really want someone telling everyone that the doctor they saw that they cover removed the wrong things?  No the hope is you pay and everyone shuts up so it eventually goes away. No different than McDonald’s settling on hot coffee to cut off the momentum.  Every idiot knows the coffee is hot but they still pay up countless settlement claims a year just because they don’t want it dragging on. 

Ah the McDonald’s frivolous lawsuit claim. I suggest you look up that story because it’s not as simple as it sounds.

that lady suffered severe burns to her genitals and was in the hospital for days get skin grafts. She wanted McDonald’s to cover her nearly 20k medical bills but mcds only wanted to give her 800 even though they knew they’re nearly boiling coffee had already burned 700 customers leaving some with third degree burns. She admitted it was her fault she spilled the coffee. She wasn’t trying to extort McDonald’s. 

Blaming victims is almost always a strategy of the companies and entities being sued in court for anything from burns to sexual assault. It’s a way to make the victim feel like they are in the wrong and get the public to turn against them and it’s sucks IMO.

What I’m really getting at here is there’s no way I’m buying that Snyder is the victim here. He has done too many ****ty things in the past to have me believe otherwise. 

Edited by Florgon79
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

The bad press would be about the team though and not about the insurance company. So why would they agree to pay 1.6 million Dollars if there is no substance to the accusations? Also wonder which insurance covers legal expenses from sexual misconduct behavior.

• Like 1

If this "airplane incident" was the only thing that had ever come out, I might be inclined to give Snyder's explanation some credence. That does happen. However, there is SO MUCH nasty business that has come out since this summer (and really even before that), that Dan has lost that privilege from me.

Does anyone actually believe that poor little Dan was just coincidentally surrounded by all manner of scumbags, and that "if he'd only known what was really going on..."?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Panninho said:

It happens all the time. Sometimes it is cheaper to settle, with no admission of wrongdoing, than to drag it out in court with legal fees and public PR hits. Pay the money and it goes away. It's a common practice.

1 hour ago, Florgon79 said:

Ah the McDonald’s frivolous lawsuit claim. I suggest you look up that story because it’s not as simple as it sounds.

that lady suffered severe burns to her genitals and was in the hospital for days get skin grafts. She wanted McDonald’s to cover her nearly 20k medical bills but mcds only wanted to give her 800 even though they knew they’re nearly boiling coffee had already burned 700 customers leaving some with third degree burns. She admitted it was her fault she spilled the coffee. She wasn’t trying to extort McDonald’s. 

Blaming victims is almost always a strategy of the companies and entities being sued in court for anything from burns to sexual assault. It’s a way to make the victim feel like they are in the wrong and get the public to turn against them and it’s sucks IMO.

What I’m really getting at here is there’s no way I’m buying that Snyder is the victim here. He has done too many ****ty things in the past to have me believe otherwise. 

Oh stop with the blaming victims bs.  Stop acting like people don’t take advantage of the system. Look at some ridiculous lawsuits people bring up.  I’m not saying that’s the case with this harassment case but if you really are gonna sit here and act like every suit brought up against a person or organization is legit you are full of it.  Also you are naming one case.  MCDs get a lot more than one lawsuit.  Hell how many suits do you think they get for a million dollars for not being real meat? There will always be people that try to take advantage of the system to get money same way there will always be organizations that screw others to get richer. 

44 minutes ago, Panninho said:

The bad press would be about the team though and not about the insurance company. So why would they agree to pay 1.6 million Dollars if there is no substance to the accusations? Also wonder which insurance covers legal expenses from sexual misconduct behavior.

Affiliation.  What ever insurance WFT has they probably want to get it over with as quickly as possible.  I’m sure it’s not happy with the team but I’m sure Snyder and them decided dragging out this story longer is perhaps more detrimental.  The more it stays in the headlines the more problems it causes for the franchise.   If WFT is one of the carriers biggest clients having them getting severely damaged by this will end up being felt by them too.  This is likely a cut your losses situation because the legal battle would drag on for awhile and it will cost WFT who knows how much all awhile it constantly gets covered. 

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Oh stop with the blaming victims bs.  Stop acting like people don’t take advantage of the system. Look at some ridiculous lawsuits people bring up.  I’m not saying that’s the case with this harassment case but if you really are gonna sit here and act like every suit brought up against a person or organization is legit you are full of it.  Also you are naming one case.  MCDs get a lot more than one lawsuit.  Hell how many suits do you think they get for a million dollars for not being real meat? There will always be people that try to take advantage of the system to get money same way there will always be organizations that screw others to get richer. 

You're right people do take advantage of the system, just like corporations take advantage of their positions of power with their limitless lawyers on retainer. But the problem is both of us are talking in absolutes here. Not every victim is trying to take advantage of the system and not every corporation is an innocent entity. There is plenty of grey area. My point is there is too much evidence to point to the fact that Snyder is an utter piece of **** and I would never believe he just paid 1.6 million to make a frivolous lawsuit go away. Where there is smoke there is fire, and there is constantly smoke billowing from Ashburn, it's right there in the name.

Also the reason I brought up the ONE mcds coffee case is because when people bring up frivolous lawsuits, like YOU did, they bring up mcds coffee. And that is THE case people infer when they bring it up. Not the countless frivolous or perhaps non frivolous ones. But McDs coffee is always brought up when someone wants to make up the point that every lawsuit against a corporation is just a money grab.

13 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

You're right people do take advantage of the system, just like corporations take advantage of their positions of power with their limitless lawyers on retainer. But the problem is both of us are talking in absolutes here. Not every victim is trying to take advantage of the system and not every corporation is an innocent entity. There is plenty of grey area. My point is there is too much evidence to point to the fact that Snyder is an utter piece of **** and I would never believe he just paid 1.6 million to make a frivolous lawsuit go away. Where there is smoke there is fire, and there is constantly smoke billowing from Ashburn, it's right there in the name.

Also the reason I brought up the ONE mcds coffee case is because when people bring up frivolous lawsuits, like YOU did, they bring up mcds coffee. And that is THE case people infer when they bring it up. Not the countless frivolous or perhaps non frivolous ones. But McDs coffee is always brought up when someone wants to make up the point that every lawsuit against a corporation is just a money grab.

I’m using the coffee example because it’s been done multiple times.  Not just MCDs.  I could use multiple places.  

I’m not saying Snyder isn’t a piece of ****. I use to try to defend him being a childhood fan. 

I’m saying there are plenty of merit less lawsuits that do end up in a settlement.  Given the evidence here I highly doubt there isn’t atleast something.   How much we will likely never know.  Unfortunately harassment is one of the more abused suits you see (Coming from a criminal  justice background.).  Some of things people claim harassment are quite ridiculous and sadly companies are more focused on killing the rumors or word rather than do their due diligence.   End of the day Wash sitting in bad spotlight for months, years, etc in litigation with everyone talking about it costs them more than making it go away.   Regardless of how is smoke and how much is fire. 

Having said that IF the accusations were merit less I’d personally fight the hell out of it if I had the money and resources.  But that’s me.  Snyder could have very well decided bad press for maybe years while they fight it is worse even if there wasn’t anything.  

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Snyder trying to say he's being extorted is hysterical.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30593085/daniel-snyder-says-being-extorted-minority-owner-washington-football-team

It'd be easier to feel sorry for him or it'd be easier to find him as being believable if he hadn't been such a ****ing pinecone throughout his ownership.  

No one feels sorry for you, Danny.  As a matter of fact, I say good on the other owners for extorting you.  Couldn't happen to a better guy.   Happy Kwanzaa, asshole.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Granted I haven’t been following the story intently but do we know why the minority owners want to sell so badly?

Them wanting Snyder to sell, I understand, but has it been said why they want out? The other three likely have cash to spare, wondering if they are just okay with keeping Snyder busy with lawsuits and chipping away at his money that way.

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Snyder trying to say he's being extorted is hysterical.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30593085/daniel-snyder-says-being-extorted-minority-owner-washington-football-team

It'd be easier to feel sorry for him or it'd be easier to find him as being believable if he hadn't been such a ****ing pinecone throughout his ownership.  

No one feels sorry for you, Danny.  As a matter of fact, I say good on the other owners for extorting you.  Couldn't happen to a better guy.   Happy Kwanzaa, asshole.  

Something tells me gaining sympathy is the farthest thing from Snyder's mind in all of this.

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Maybe.

But why whine about being extorted?  

I'd think pretty much all of us would complain if we felt we were being extorted.

Plus his "whining" is from the court filing document...not like he's calling up sports talk podcasts and ****ing to the hosts about it lol...

• Like 1

I dislike this man so much, I would literally cheer on anyone extorting him, suing him, or otherwise hitting him in the wallet and taking action which may result in his removal as owner of this franchise.  The merits of their case is secondary at this point, I dont think hes a "good dude who just doesnt know how to lead" anymore.

1 hour ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Snyder is Reaping what he’s Sewn over the years, nothing more. Wake up Danny Boy, take the high road end this madness, either buy them out or sell the team. Preferably the latter. 

From the ESPN article, it looks like he's trying to low-ball the minority owners in a buyout. Thus, the "extortion" claim. They're allegedly trying to make it so uncomfortable for him that he'll buy them out for a much higher amount. Or, at least, that's what Schar is supposedly doing. Not surprising that a real estate developer would be willing to play hardball.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, profusion said:

From the ESPN article, it looks like he's trying to low-ball the minority owners in a buyout. Thus, the "extortion" claim. They're allegedly trying to make it so uncomfortable for him that he'll buy them out for a much higher amount. Or, at least, that's what Schar is supposedly doing. Not surprising that a real estate developer would be willing to play hardball.

Atleast it’s not a car salesmen