Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

35 minutes ago, visionary said:

In a lot of the world, 'peaceful protest' generally means people didn't start shooting back at the government.  

Is it OK if I fantasize about it?  :) 

But, bad jokes aside, I have actually been reflecting that I'm rather surprised that we haven't seen a lot more protesters carrying, and using, guns.  In this society, and this environment, and considering the degree to which governments have been outright asking for it, in many cases?  I would have bet a lot of money that it would have happened, by now.  Gotta give props to the people involved, for having the wisdom to know that doing so won't help their cause, and the willpower to stick to it.  

In some ways, this that's going on has raised my opinion of my fellow men.  (At least, the ones that don't support Trump.)  

I’m not gonna sit here and say I’m glad he shot this guy in the back. But I’m glad he’s going to be legitimately outed as a murderer. 

It won’t change a ****ing thing. But if they are going to do it, I want them to have to openly support a murderer knowing exactly what he is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Llevron said:

I’m not gonna sit here and say I’m glad he shot this guy in the back. But I’m glad he’s going to be legitimately outed as a murderer. 

It won’t change a ****ing thing. But if they are going to do it, I want them to have to openly support a murderer knowing exactly what he is. 

A hero, or some kind of tough guy. Nothing but a punk ass **** who's Mommy drove him to play out his stupid fantasy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

A hero, or some kind of tough guy. Nothing but a punk ass **** who's Mommy drove him to play out his stupid fantasy

He also is the perfect example of how ****ed up the police are. Dude idolized them. Emulated them even to the point where he used their own tricks to murder someone running away from them and claim self defense.

Its a gang. And the colors ain’t blue

• Like 1

Michael M. Karmo, 40, and Cody E. Smith, 33, were arrested at a hotel near Kenosha on Tuesday and charged with illegal possession of firearms, the Department of Justice announced Thursday. According to the criminal complaint against them, they were found with a major cache of firearms and weapons in their vehicle and hotel room that included an AR-15, a shotgun, handguns, a dagger, a saw and magazines.

On 9/4/2020 at 12:51 AM, PokerPacker said:

So right-wing extremist shoots three protestors, killing two, and he gets welcomed warmly by the police and they hang out all night long before letting him escape.  Left-wing protestor shoots and kills right-wing counter-protestor trying to mace him, and the police kill the left-winger.  Is there gonna be any body-cam footage from that proving the necessity of the kill?

So apparently there were no body cams or dash cams being used when the police killed this guy.
https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/crime/article245503570.html

21 hours ago, Llevron said:

He also is the perfect example of how ****ed up the police are. Dude idolized them. Emulated them even to the point where he used their own tricks to murder someone running away from them and claim self defense.

Its a gang. And the colors ain’t blue

118812506_10216289085370531_5882137579353929437_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=SH167qsXgUsAX9zFaLZ&_nc_ht=scontent.fphl2-3.fna&oh=b982296d321da95139c993fb17a4a794&oe=5F7A670D

• Like 1

Judge temporarily bans Detroit police from chokeholds, rubber bullets against protesters

A federal judge temporarily barred Detroit police from the use of striking weapons, chokeholds, chemical agents and rubber bullets against demonstrators, medical support personnel and legal observers in the city's ongoing anti-racism protests.

U.S. District Court Judge Laurie Michelson partially granted a restraining order late on Friday after activist group "Detroit Will Breathe" alleged that the police had responded to peaceful demonstrations with "beatings, tear gas, pepper spray, rubber bullets, sound cannons, flash grenades, chokeholds, and mass arrests without probable cause."

The group said such police tactics were violations of "First and Fourth Amendment rights", which include the practice of free speech, according to filings made in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.

Click on the link for the full article

A question I haven’t seen answered, but needs to be answered by leadership, is what’s the acceptable response to a riot.  Is the right response to a riot simply stepping back and letting them burn and loot?  Anything more than that includes violence, as there is no such thing as stopping a mob from doing anything that will be entirely peaceful.  

We’re seeing democratic mayors struggle with this.  If they do nothing their community hates them. if they do something the protestors (not just rioters) hate them.  It’s an election year, this is going to keep coming up.