Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The police officer doesn’t need to in order for his actions to be reasonable...

Police officers are trained to render 1st aid and has the authority to move people back from a crime scene and are better suited to obtain emergency services when they are needed than the public at large.

Personally I don’t see the need for outrage in this case, but you do you...

First step for the police officers then would be to ask the medical person at hand the situation so that they can ascertain the need for additional medical personnel (and the timeframe in which they are needed).

Hard not to think that a medical person was ignored by the police because she had BLM gear on. 

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Police officers are trained to render 1st aid and has the authority to move people back from a crime scene and are better suited to obtain emergency services when they are needed than the public at large.

I see the moving people away part, but don't see the render first aid part.  But no problem here I guess....  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I keep hearing Trump and his cronies saying how democratic states don't want the police to do their job in those states.  They keep making this claim.  I have yet to hear anyone (democrat or republican) actually say they do not want the police to do their job.  Why is no one calling them out on this bull**** they keep spewing?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

So right-wing extremist shoots three protestors, killing two, and he gets welcomed warmly by the police and they hang out all night long before letting him escape.  Left-wing protestor shoots and kills right-wing counter-protestor trying to mace him, and the police kill the left-winger.  Is there gonna be any body-cam footage from that proving the necessity of the kill?

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

So right-wing extremist shoots three protestors, killing two, and he gets welcomed warmly by the police and they hang out all night long before letting him escape.  Left-wing protestor shoots and kills right-wing counter-protestor trying to mace him, and the police kill the left-winger.  Is there gonna be any body-cam footage from that proving the necessity of the kill?

Yep. I'm definitely going to need to see that body cam. This dude might be nutty but way past the point of taking the word of the police.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Larry said:

Not sure 90% is anything to be proud of.  

Fair enough. But the portrayal is that it's the other way around - 10% peaceful and 90% violent. And we will never know how much of the violence was done by white supremacists and other 45 supporters inciting violence. That is no excuse for anyone committing violence. It is all wrong no matter who is doing it. But the police response is different to peaceful demonstrations (or at least should be) than when violence starts. Then, what would otherwise be peaceful protestors defend themselves and it all spirals out of control. 

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Considering I'm not one fearing for my life, encountering systemic racism every day, and being gunned down in the streets, I think 90% is a fine number. I don't condone it but I do get the idea of ****ing **** up to send a message. I think given the large number of protests this summer, that's a good number. I'd take it a step further and say that right wing agitators have caused a lot of the violence reflected in that 10% as well. 

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Considering how protesting generally works and ends up...that's pretty high actually.   But I guess it depends on how one defines 'peaceful'. 

In a lot of the world, 'peaceful protest' generally means people didn't start shooting back at the government.