Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't think I can stand anymore TEs that can't block. The best TEs in the league aren't just receivers, they're GREAT blockers. I mean freaking Gronk shut down Chase Young 1 on 1.

Pitts can block alright and he is just leaning to get better at it and wants to. I was Reeds biggest critic, but this kid isn't like that.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am Tylan Wallace guy but his 2 ACL injuries is a major red flag but if he drops down the draft I'd consider

Should be easier for him when the corners lining up in front of him don't know exactly what he's going to do every time.  But he'll also have to demonstrate that he actually can run a bunch of routes and use a bunch of different releases, because the skill set could stagnate from disuse/lack of development.

I like him too though.  I also think he's a surprisingly good blocker and that he was a part of the success of their outside running game, particularly in 2018.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Should be easier for him when the corners lining up in front of him don't know exactly what he's going to do every time.  But he'll also have to demonstrate that he actually can run a bunch of routes and use a bunch of different releases, because the skill set could stagnate from disuse/lack of development.

I like him too though.  I also think he's a surprisingly good blocker and that he was a part of the success of their outside running game, particularly in 2018.

Agree.  He's a tough player in general, can seperate, he's big time good as for contested catches/strong hands.   He comes off to me like a true gamer. 

28 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't think I can stand anymore TEs that can't block. The best TEs in the league aren't just receivers, they're GREAT blockers. I mean freaking Gronk shut down Chase Young 1 on 1.

Not to rehash the same debate again, but if you look at Pitts is a big slot receiver instead of a tight end he becomes the second best receiver in the draft. 

If I were a pro scout... (I’m not... I know, shocking right?) I’d draft him as a slot receiver and H type and have him no where near in-line tight end duties.

17 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I like him but don’t love him. His catch radius is surreal and as a sideline possession guy he could have absolute tremendous steal value.

Pick

Washington Football Team

Washington Football Team
Kadarius Toney · WR

School: Florida | Year: Senior

Toney is electric with the ball in his hands, and the Washington Football Team needs more playmakers. I also wouldn't rule out a trade-up for a quarterback if Washington fails to address the position in free agency. 

Pick

Jacksonville Jaguars

Jacksonville Jaguars
Trevor Lawrence · QB

School: Clemson | Year: Junior

The Urban Meyer era begins with one of the most talented quarterbacks to enter the league in the last five years. 

Pick

New York Jets

New York Jets
Zach Wilson · QB

School: BYU | Year: Junior

The draft starts at this pick. The Jets have a lot of options, but Wilson's upside would be tough to pass up. 

Pick

Miami Dolphins

Miami Dolphins
Ja'Marr Chase · WR

PICK ACQUIRED FROM THE HOUSTON TEXANS

School: LSU | Year: Junior

The Dolphins need to add some playmakers around Tua Tagovailoa. Chase is the best pass catcher in the draft. 

Pick

Atlanta Falcons

Atlanta Falcons
Trey Lance · QB

School: North Dakota State | Year: Sophomore (RS)

This decision will likely come down to Lance versus Ohio State's Justin Fields. I can make a strong argument for both players, but I'll stick with Lance because of his advantage as a decision-maker on the field. 

Pick

Cincinnati Bengals

Cincinnati Bengals
Rashawn Slater · OT

School: Northwestern | Year: Senior

Florida TE Kyle Pitts would be tempting right here, but the Bengals must address the offensive line. Slater has five-position flexibility and his tape is outstanding. 

Pick

Philadelphia Eagles

Philadelphia Eagles
Patrick Surtain · CB

School: Alabama | Year: Junior

The Eagles need another wideout, but they're also desperate for help in the secondary. Surtain would team up with Darius Slay to give Philadelphia's new staff an outstanding cornerback duo. 

Pick

Detroit Lions

Detroit Lions
DeVonta Smith · WR

School: Alabama | Year: Senior

If the Lions are going to keep Matthew Stafford, they would have a prime opportunity to sell this selection to a QB-needy team. If they stick and pick, Smith will be an immediate-impact player on the outside. 

School: Ohio State | Year: Junior

I don't think Matt Rhule will be picking this high again in the near future. Now is the time to secure the long-term answer at QB. 

Pick

Denver Broncos

Denver Broncos
Caleb Farley · CB

School: Virginia Tech | Year: Junior (RS)

I think Farley is incredibly talented and he fills a need for Vic Fangio's defense.

Pick

Dallas Cowboys

Dallas Cowboys
Penei Sewell · OT

School: Oregon | Year: Junior

Sewell could go as high as No. 3 overall to the Dolphins, but there's a chance he slips to the Cowboys. They need to get younger and more talented along the offensive line. 

Pick

New York Giants

New York Giants
Jaylen Waddle · WR

The Giants are all in with Daniel Jones and now they need to give him some weapons on the outside.

Pick

San Francisco 49ers

San Francisco 49ers
Kyle Pitts · TE

School: Florida | Year: Junior

Don't freak out, people! I know the Niners already have an elite tight end. However, they have embraced the positionless-player movement and Pitts would team up with George Kittle, Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk to give Kyle Shanahan an embarrassment of riches. 

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

Not to rehash the same debate again, but if you look at Pitts is a big slot receiver instead of a tight end he becomes the second best receiver in the draft. 

If I were a pro scout... (I’m not... I know, shocking right?) I’d draft him as a slot receiver and H type and have him no where near in-line tight end duties.

I'm with you.  I would not draft Pitts to play TE.  Going in motion and being the 2nd in-line TE or something for a few snaps of the game, fine.  But he should be drafted in the 1st as a Big Slot.

He's a 1st round talent as an athletic 6'6 mismatch who has a combo of moves and physical hand fighting to win at the release off the line, the break in the route, and separating from the defender.  His potential as a Big Slot is clearly 1st round worthy.  He could be a Jimmy Graham used mostly in the Slot in New Orleans, not the Jimmy Graham in Seattle where they actually tried to have him block in-line.

Unpopular (maybe?) opinion, I don't think Pitts is a 1st round in-line TE talent.  If that's where I wanted the majority of his snaps to be, I would not draft him in the 1st.

I would happily draft Pitts at #19.  We already have Logan Thomas to be the In-line guy.  Pitts would play better on a team that has someone like Thomas.

3 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I'm with you.  I would not draft Pitts to play TE.  Going in motion and being the 2nd in-line TE or something for a few snaps of the game, fine.  But he should be drafted in the 1st as a Big Slot.

He's a 1st round talent as an athletic 6'6 mismatch who has a combo of moves and physical hand fighting to win at the release off the line, the break in the route, and separating from the defender.  His potential as a Big Slot is clearly 1st round worthy.  He could be a Jimmy Graham used mostly in the Slot in New Orleans, not the Jimmy Graham in Seattle where they actually tried to have him block in-line.

Unpopular (maybe?) opinion, I don't think Pitts is a 1st round in-line TE talent.  If that's where I wanted the majority of his snaps to be, I would not draft him in the 1st.

I would happily draft Pitts at #19.  We already have Logan Thomas to be the In-line guy.  Pitts would play better on a team that has someone like Thomas.

He’s not even a 6th round in-line talent. He’s horrendous as a blocker, but he does try... I’ll give him credit there.

He’s top ten overall as a pass catcher though. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:
Pick

Washington Football Team

Washington Football Team
Kadarius Toney · WR

School: Florida | Year: Senior

Toney is electric with the ball in his hands, and the Washington Football Team needs more playmakers. I also wouldn't rule out a trade-up for a quarterback if Washington fails to address the position in free agency. 

Pick

Jacksonville Jaguars

Jacksonville Jaguars
Trevor Lawrence · QB

School: Clemson | Year: Junior

The Urban Meyer era begins with one of the most talented quarterbacks to enter the league in the last five years. 

Pick

New York Jets

New York Jets
Zach Wilson · QB

School: BYU | Year: Junior

The draft starts at this pick. The Jets have a lot of options, but Wilson's upside would be tough to pass up. 

Pick

Miami Dolphins

Miami Dolphins
Ja'Marr Chase · WR

PICK ACQUIRED FROM THE HOUSTON TEXANS

School: LSU | Year: Junior

The Dolphins need to add some playmakers around Tua Tagovailoa. Chase is the best pass catcher in the draft. 

Pick

Atlanta Falcons

Atlanta Falcons
Trey Lance · QB

School: North Dakota State | Year: Sophomore (RS)

This decision will likely come down to Lance versus Ohio State's Justin Fields. I can make a strong argument for both players, but I'll stick with Lance because of his advantage as a decision-maker on the field. 

Pick

Cincinnati Bengals

Cincinnati Bengals
Rashawn Slater · OT

School: Northwestern | Year: Senior

Florida TE Kyle Pitts would be tempting right here, but the Bengals must address the offensive line. Slater has five-position flexibility and his tape is outstanding. 

Pick

Philadelphia Eagles

Philadelphia Eagles
Patrick Surtain · CB

The Eagles need another wideout, but they're also desperate for help in the secondary. Surtain would team up with Darius Slay to give Philadelphia's new staff an outstanding cornerback duo. 

Pick

Detroit Lions

Detroit Lions
DeVonta Smith · WR

School: Alabama | Year: Senior

If the Lions are going to keep Matthew Stafford, they would have a prime opportunity to sell this selection to a QB-needy team. If they stick and pick, Smith will be an immediate-impact player on the outside. 

School: Ohio State | Year: Junior

I don't think Matt Rhule will be picking this high again in the near future. Now is the time to secure the long-term answer at QB. 

Pick

Denver Broncos

Denver Broncos
Caleb Farley · CB

School: Virginia Tech | Year: Junior (RS)

I think Farley is incredibly talented and he fills a need for Vic Fangio's defense.

Pick

Dallas Cowboys

Dallas Cowboys
Penei Sewell · OT

School: Oregon | Year: Junior

Sewell could go as high as No. 3 overall to the Dolphins, but there's a chance he slips to the Cowboys. They need to get younger and more talented along the offensive line. 

Pick

New York Giants

New York Giants
Jaylen Waddle · WR

The Giants are all in with Daniel Jones and now they need to give him some weapons on the outside.

Pick

San Francisco 49ers

San Francisco 49ers
Kyle Pitts · TE

School: Florida | Year: Junior

Don't freak out, people! I know the Niners already have an elite tight end. However, they have embraced the positionless-player movement and Pitts would team up with George Kittle, Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk to give Kyle Shanahan an embarrassment of riches. 

Not liking Toney as a 1st rounder.  I'd rather trade back.  He's really interesting as a prospect, but that's because he's got an unorthodox style.  Either cleaning some of that up turns him into an elite player, or it's just too hard to clean some of that up and he gets worse.  Some of his unique route running doesn't play nice with modern NFL offenses.  Stack formations, rub routes, timing routes, etc...his style has, I'd say...more often than not flopped some of those play designs in college.  A few times it's worked perfectly, but most often it looks disjointed or problematic.  He can interfere too much with his own teammates routes.

I may have posted this already and if so, sorry, but I don't want us to draft Jones if he falls to us.  I want a mobile QB even if the risk of being injured is greater.  I see how much trouble our D has with mobile Qbs and want the same for us.  That seems to be the future.  Pocket passers IMO are quickly becoming extinct.  They may have better skills in some areas but being able to run seems to add so much to the offense and seems to make it so much harder on the D.  Ha, I want one. 😛

Or course you have Brady and Rodgers battling it out for chance for the Superbowl so what do I know lol.

7 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Sheesh...

Yes, HigSkin.  Heard this.  Will make the draft interesting.  Hate it but none the less players that could/should rise will fall and visa versa.  F.O. better have guys that can watch tape and do a good job on analyzing talent.  Maybe our analytical talking heads will be able to do that.  :)  There will be some players that are overrated and underrated because of this horrible pandemic.

On 1/20/2021 at 4:20 AM, KDawg said:

I keep watching JOK and I keep thinking how good he is but how small he is and how he doesn’t really fit the ILB need we have despite his obvious skills.

Though I do think he can bulk up 

not sure id play him inside in a 4-3 alignment, although he can play s2s. 

put him outside or like a 3rd safety. His coverage skills are solid!

6 hours ago, mhd24 said:

Maybe this is the year to trade a 1st for Stafford

Agreed, certainly part of my thought process.

Alternatively, some of that batch of mid round picks we have should be used as part of an aggressive trade up move to get a stud prospect, not just QB, but one of the top 10 prospects. 

I’m not in favour of just sitting at #19. Quite a few teams suffering with limited cap space should be looking to accumulate more picks, even with the increased difficulty in prospect evaluations.

Make a move.

3 hours ago, illone said:

not sure id play him inside in a 4-3 alignment, although he can play s2s. 

put him outside or like a 3rd safety. His coverage skills are solid!

We’re rarely in a true 4-3. We play a lot of 4-2. Sometimes there are three backers on the field but it’s a 4-2ish alignment 

23 hours ago, KDawg said:

1) Kyle Pitts is absolutely what I (we here) thought he was as a receiver. Watching games right next to each other and his highlight reel... Dude is electric and creates separation with routes and speed. He can't block for ****, though. It does scare me a little that he's trying and still can't block a soul. 

2) Pat Freiermuth is by FAR the best OVERALL prospect as a tight end. He can block, run, catch and has body control. He's no where near Pitts as a receiver, though, and Pitts is so good that even though he is horrendous as a blocker he is a better overall prospect because of his absolutely elite pass game skills. But Freiermuth is a better TIGHT END.

3) Brevin Jordan is a better blocker than Pitts, but he still stinks at it. Gets in the way sometimes though. He is a good receiving slot, though. A notch below Pitts there, but a real good prospect that could develop. 

You are spot on with your comments and these 3 are separated from the rest of the TE's. 

If Pitts was miraculously at 19 they should take him but don't see him dropping passed 12.

Love Freiemuth. He can do it all and do it well! If he miraculously was there at 51 they should take him. I not sure he makes it out of the 1st round

Jordan is really good and more possibly available at 51. Would be a good selection for another target addition who is pretty decent helping the OT at least with a shoulder. I could see him bulking a little

I dislike a WR at 19 no less a reach for Toney.  There are too many good options that will be there in the 2nd and 3rd. I do think they will already have added at least one good FA WR prior to the draft so no need to reach for another

If Pitts falls to 19 gotta take him imo...we have invested so much on defense in terms of the draft gotta even it out, imagine a game and its 17-14 in the 4th we are on their 20 yardline and a score gives us the lead we need a guy we can rely to go up and get the ball in the endzone

28 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

If Pitts falls to 19 gotta take him imo...we have invested so much on defense in terms of the draft gotta even it out, imagine a game and its 17-14 in the 4th we are on their 20 yardline and a score gives us the lead we need a guy we can rely to go up and get the ball in the endzone

I doubt Pitts falls... but if he does I’m not sure we have to take him... it depends what’s on the board and what trade back offers are on the table.

I think he ABSOLUTELY has to be a very strong consideration. But if we can trade back and wind up with, say, Darrisaw and Brevin Jordan and then Marquez Stevenson out of the deal then that’s something to consider.

But there is no doubt Pitts is a stud and if he falls to us and we take him we have a lot to be excited about. 

Archived