Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Let me reiterate: I was 8 and thought he was a sick receiver and return man.

So it made sense. 

;)

Now that makes sense! Super hyped offensive weapon Heisman winner. 

Sadly that was the first year I seriously followed the draft...before most cared much about it after a swing and miss Bobby Wilson in 91

7 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

@KDawgI'll admit that taking Art Monk over Charles White was something I didn't understand at the time.

Nope. As a minus 4 year old at the time of his drafting I can tell you I liked the name Art Monk and would have advocated for that move.

• Haha 1

What's weird is that Casserly was really good on 2nd round picks, but was HORRIBLE on first round picks.  His best 1st round pick before Champ was Kenard Lang (who was best as an interior pass rusher vs an edge guy).  Casserly drafted Tre, Raymer, Alexander, (all solid 2nd rounders).

Looking back at the 1995 draft, I still think Westbrook was the right choice at the time.  He was just destroyed by Gus.  He looked his best when Trent Green came in 1998 and Brad in 1999.  Gus would NEVER THROW HIM the ball!  It was always Jamie freaking Asher and RBs who got the ball.

Heath would have ironically been much better in this era where QB mobility is such an asset.  He was an awesome athlete. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

What's weird is that Casserly was really good on 2nd round picks, but was HORRIBLE on first round picks.  His best 1st round pick before Champ was Kenard Lang (who was best as an interior pass rusher vs an edge guy).  Casserly drafted Tre, Raymer, Alexander, (all solid 2nd rounders).

Looking back at the 1995 draft, I still think Westbrook was the right choice at the time.  He was just destroyed by Gus.  He looked his best when Trent Green came in 1998 and Brad in 1999.  Gus would NEVER THROW HIM the ball!  It was always Jamie freaking Asher and RBs who got the ball.

Heath would have ironically been much better in this era where QB mobility is such an asset.  He was an awesome athlete. 

He really did nail 2nd rounders! 

And lol to the Gus hate, he did make Asher look like much more than he was.  It is a shame they couldn't have kept Trent Green. 

• Like 1

WR   College Ht/Wt
1 DeVonta Smith Alabama 6-1, 175
2 JaMarr Chase* LSU 6-1, 200
3 Jaylen Waddle* Alabama 5-10, 182
4 Amari Rodgers Clemson 5-9, 210
5 Rashod Bateman Minnesota 6-2, 210
6 Seth Williams* Auburn 6-3, 224
7 Kadarius Toney Florida 5-11, 190
8 Elijah Moore Ole Miss 5-9, 185
9 Amon-Ra St. Brown* USC 6-1, 195
10 Dyami Brown* UNC 6-1, 195
11 Rondale Moore Purdue 5-9, 180
12 Trevon Grimes Florida 6-5, 214
13 Marlon Williams UCF 6-0, 215
14 Marquez Stevenson Houston 6-0, 190
15 Sage Surratt* Wake 6-3, 215
16 Dazz Newsome UNC 6-3, 197
17 Tylan Wallace Ok. State 6-0, 185
18 Tamorrion Terry FSU 6-4, 230
19 Tre Walker San Jose St 5-11, 180
20 Tyler Vaughns USC 6-2, 190
21 Damonte Coxie* Memphis 6-3, 197
22 Terrace Marshall LSU 6-3, 200
23 Reggie Roberson SMU 6-0, 200
24 Ihmir Smith-Marsette Iowa 6-2, 175
25 Anthony Schwartz* Auburn 6-1, 179
26 Tutu Atwell* Louisville 5-9, 153

I have a few guys left that I can't find much on...

JaMarr Chase* LSU 6-1, 200

Good size. Has tremendous breakaway speed on ins/shallow crossers and fade balls. Very good in the scramble drill. Runs his feet at contact similar to how a back does and runs through light tackles. His route tree at LSU didn't show a lot of variation. Short in-breaking crossers/slants and fades make up the vast majority of his route samples. He is excellent at high pointing the outside pass and can twist his body in a variety of ways to go up and get the ball.

Rashod Bateman Minnesota 6-2, 210

The standout thing about Bateman is his ability to literally stop on a dime when he is running a route or going for YAC. Has excellent foot work to help shake defenders at the LoS and has a high end catch radius. He has a knack for catching the ball even when defenders interfere with him and has good speed. He could play in the slot or outside.

Dyami Brown* UNC 6-1, 195

He fights for every extra yard he can get without being a significant injury risk. He is a dynamic receiver that is capable of playing in the slot or outside and has tremendous production and hands. He has excellent field awareness and knows when he has to get his feet down. He also adjusts very well to passes thrown in his direction.

DeVonta Smith Alabama 6-1, 175

Excellent route runner and can run any route in the playbook with precision. His size is a concern to some, but he plays bigger than he is. He has elite C.O.D. skills and ridiculous hands and breakway speed. Effort player with great vision. Has elite catch radius and can play from the slot or the outside. Has deceptive acceleration as he stems his routes. He looks like he's moving full speed off the line and then plants and accelerates and it creates crazy separation. Other times he starts off as fast as possible and stays running that speed. And still other times he starts fast and slows down and the DB flies by.

Tre Walker San Jose St 5-11, 180

His size doesn't scream possession receiver... But he is one. He has excellent production and runs most of the routes you want to see receivers run. He is small, and his speed and quickness isn't where you'd love a guy his size to be, but is still NFL caliber. Another guy with excellent C.O.D. and he will work himself back to the ball and make himself available to help the QB. He's likely to be around later in the draft due to size and school, but his hands make him a tremendous value target.

Amon-Ra St. Brown* USC 6-1, 195

He's a lanky 6-1. Excellent route tree and he's really good in the bubble game. He's not the most physical receiver on the list but can go up and get it with anyone. One tendency I noticed on watching him was that he tends to jump for almost every pass to him aside from the short bubble stuff and come back stuff, even when its not entirely necessary, which can limit his YAC a little bit at the next level. But having said that: His jumping is one of the reasons he's so good at contested catches. Can play outside but I think he'd excel in a more slot aligned role in the NFL.

Tylan Wallace Ok. State 6-0, 185

One thing that stood out is that he almost always is on the right side of the formation. Whether that is his comfort or the team's is a major question mark, but it is limiting in the NFL if it's a "him" thing. He runs primarily outside routes and short breaking routes. His YAC is limited unless he catches the ball in open space but he will go up and get the ball in any situation and show off hand-eye skills.Incredibly reliable and productive receiver. He didn't get a chance to show off his skills in college and that may cause him to drop a touch lower than his actual value. But he is a solid pro caliber outside receiver.

Rondale Moore Purdue 5-9, 180

He is dynamic as a player. Probably more of a true slot and is a solid jet receiver who can run the sweep or break out on an arrow concept. He works best when there is a motion involved. He isn't a very technical route runner and his route tree isn't very diversified. Tremendous YAC threat but very small. It would be interesting to see him as a dump off threat as he's could do a lot of damage in that kind of role. He's also a tremendous athlete and knows how to get open in the scramble drill.

Seth Williams* Auburn 6-3, 224

When he's used in the bubble game he times his catch with forward movement in order to maximize the gain. That is a tremendous skill and awareness. One thing I liked most about Williams: His willingness to block. He will block and stick to the block and help create lanes for his teammates. Runs all the routes, but doesn't run all of them well. Has very good hands and is strong, so he will be a problem for teams in the red zone with his strength and size. Quickness isn't high end, but for an outside guy who is more of a possession type that's not a make or break concept for him coming out as a rookie.

Sage Surratt* Wake 6-3, 215

Good size receiver who makes his living off of using that size. He doesn't have great speed or quickness, though, but has good ball skills and can go and get the ball with ease at times. As a guy who was set to attend Harvard he has the high end IQ that you'd love to have on your roster.

Jaylen Waddle* Alabama 5-10, 182

Absolute ridiculous in air adjustments to the football and has no fear of repercussions for laying out to catch a ball (which can be both good and bad). Defenders have to take extreme angles to cut him off as he races towards the sideline because he's so fast, but he creates extra issues with his excellent C.O.D. skills. He runs an extremely diversified route tree, even at times aligning in the backfield and using motions. He has excellent feet off the LoS and uses his hands well to work a release. Dynamic playmaker and is the premier slot type in this class.

Tamorrion Terry FSU 6-4, 230

Physically he is an absolute beast. Probably going to see a lot of DK Metcalf comparisons. He can take the top off of a defense and his size and strength is undeniable. At times his hands are unreliable and he doesn't play like a guy his size in the sense that he doesn't play as physical as you'd think he would. And that's one of the major differences that gives me pause with the Metcalf comp.

Damonte Coxie* Memphis 6-3, 197

Nothing really stands out about him from a good or bad perspective. Decent speed, decent hands, good size. He doesn't do a great job of fighting out of bad situations (slight defensive holding) and isn't all that dynamic. I am curious if his performance depends on his frustration levels as it wavers a bit and is inconsistent.

Marquez Stevenson Houston 6-0, 190

Want to talk about fast? Stevenson is blazing. Will catch the ball in traffic and even take it from a defender on a lower ball. Doesn't seem to be real high on going to high point the ball if he doesn't have some separation but this guy plays like a modern DeSean Jackson with a bit more speed and size.

Kadarius Toney Florida 5-11, 190

Fast, athletic and smooth. Operating from the slot he can operate in a jet type of role as well as more of a "traditional" slot role. Extremely productive and explosive and has tremendous vision to find open lanes. His change of direction paired with his agility and deceiving power is a matchup nightmare for defensive coordinators at the next level.

Anthony Schwartz* Auburn 6-1, 179

Has some speed but doesn't have great vision or balance. Reliable hands and can be a slot weapon but he doesn't really seem to want to try to block anyone.

Trevon Grimes Florida 6-5, 214

Huge target. Great size and runs a diverse route tree. Big time red zone threat that can outmuscle and outjump opposing DBs. Possession receiver and a guy who gets first downs. Can secure the edge in the run game as a blocker as well.

Tutu Atwell* Louisville 5-9, 153

He's listed at 153 pounds. He looks like he's a 153 pound guy on the field, too. Size is a very significant concern for him. However, he is a jitterbug type that can find seams and break plays wide open with his playmaking ability. Has good change of direction skills and runs sharp routes. Good hands.

Terrace Marshall LSU 6-3, 200

Prototype outside receiver size with good hands. Isn't very sharp in his breaks and doesn't show great effort when the ball doesn't come his way or it's not schemed to. Not a very fast twitch guy. But he has good hands and can go up and get the ball. Effort doubles on plays where he looks like he's getting the ball. Has a lot of potential, but needs to do a lot of improving to be a pro receiver. Including his poor blocking efforts.

Marlon Williams UCF 6-0, 215

Great YAC skills. Can play in the slot or outside with his size and athleticism Okay as a blocker. Runs speed outs and ins very well and creates a lot of separation. He finds open spaces and finds ways to convert first downs on a regular basis. Creates YAC despite middle of the road slot receiver speed. Very reliable target.

Dazz Newsome UNC 6-3, 197

Guy gets off the line from the slot position real well and gives high effort on every play. Is a very fast twitch athlete who can create space with his hands and whether he's out on a route or blocking he uses his feet in both scenarios to either set up the pass or set up his block. All around player who can be used in the return game. Routes aren't as crisp as you'd like to see at the next level yet, but that will come with time.

Tyler Vaughns USC 6-2, 190

He has great agility and athleticism off the line of scrimmage. Can go up and get 50/50 balls and has extremely strong hands. You didn't really see a lot of him going up and getting the ball on a fade type concept. Most of his routes were run as in-breaking routes. Not the fastest or most athletic but he has great balance and spatial awareness.

Ihmir Smith-Marsette Iowa 6-2, 175

Good hands. Has a habit of going negative after the catch at times, but has solid wiggle. He's also extremely slight in frame and takes some monster hits. His double move sell is excellent. While his hands are good, he has a habit of misjudging balls and body catching.

Reggie Roberson SMU 6-0, 200

Has excellent athleticism and ball skills. He's good off the LoS with his hands and feet, although he false steps more than you'd like to see from a receiver. He is a willing blocker who gets in the way. Extremely fast but if his move off the line doesn't get him into space he struggles to get much separation.

Amari Rodgers Clemson 5-9, 210

Crazy athleticism, agility and change of direction skills. He can stop on a dime and side step or leap over a defender. He makes extraordinary catches down the sideline and can gain separation. His routes aren't always the cleanest but his role is going to be taking the top off of a defense and challenge the MOF. Excellent hands.

Elijah Moore Ole Miss 5-9, 185

YAC monster. Inside routes, outside routes, jet sweeps, fades, digs, posts... Whatever he runs he is a major threat for YAC. He finds ways to get loose from coverage and is excellent at high pointing the ball. His catch radius isn't large as he's a smaller guy, but can go down and get the ball from anywhere. He is totally unafraid on the field of anything or any route or any contact.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

He really did nail 2nd rounders! 

And lol to the Gus hate, he did make Asher look like much more than he was.  It is a shame they couldn't have kept Trent Green. 

Yeah, look back at Casserly's drafts post Gibs 1.0...

1993: (HORRIBLE draft.  Only decent pick was Frank Wycheck in the 6th and we let him go!!)

1994:  (Obviously Heath was a bust, but QB was the pick to make.  Tre was an awesome 2nd rounder.  Getting Gus in the 7th was a steal even though I thought he held the team back)

1995:  I'll still defend Westbrook.  He'd have been much better thought of if Gus wasn't the QB.  Raymer was a solid 2nd rounder.  Asher was a solid 5th rounder even though I thought Gus threw to him way too much.  Rich Owens was an excellent 6th rounder.

1996:  Sean Gilbert trade.  He was a dominant DT (that led two 2 future firsts so it was a good trade LOL).  Andre Johnson (WORST 1st rounder in the history of the team).  Stephen Davis was the saving grace of the draft.

1997:  Lang was average.  Greg Jones was a bust.  Derek Smith was a really good MLB in the 3rd.  Connell was a really good pick in the 4th.  

1998:  Big Daddy trade.  Alexander was a really good 2nd rounder.  Hicks was a solid 3rd rounder.  Barber was an excellent 4th rounder.  

1999:  Champ and Jansen were great picks obviously.

10 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Yeah, look back at Casserly's drafts post Gibs 1.0...

1993: (HORRIBLE draft.  Only decent pick was Frank Wycheck in the 6th and we let him go!!)

1994:  (Obviously Heath was a bust, but QB was the pick to make.  Tre was an awesome 2nd rounder.  Getting Gus in the 7th was a steal even though I thought he held the team back)

1995:  I'll still defend Westbrook.  He'd have been much better thought of if Gus wasn't the QB.  Raymer was a solid 2nd rounder.  Asher was a solid 5th rounder even though I thought Gus threw to him way too much.  Rich Owens was an excellent 6th rounder.

1996:  Sean Gilbert trade.  He was a dominant DT (that led two 2 future firsts so it was a good trade LOL).  Andre Johnson (WORST 1st rounder in the history of the team).  Stephen Davis was the saving grace of the draft.

1997:  Lang was average.  Greg Jones was a bust.  Derek Smith was a really good MLB in the 3rd.  Connell was a really good pick in the 4th.  

1998:  Big Daddy trade.  Alexander was a really good 2nd rounder.  Hicks was a solid 3rd rounder.  Barber was an excellent 4th rounder.  

1999:  Champ and Jansen were great picks obviously.

When Gibbs left the team was depleted of youth, and crippled by the start of a cap that we were way over. Most of the players in the 93 and 94 draft started or played extensively for a at least a few years so it made those drafts look productive.

Really liked Wycheck.  The Norv Turner era was horrible

15 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Looking at that list of WRs it's really hard to overlook their size.

Can 185lbs WRs block down field or hold up for an entire season? I just don't know.

Elijah Moore? If so isn't that the slot guy SIP is promoting? He does sound good but I have the same questions

There sure are a lot of good looking options that should be available into the 2nd and perhaps 3rd rounds

Edited by DWinzit

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

@KDawg, what WR would you take at 51 and who later in the draft?

Moore, Moore, Brown, Brown, Toney at 51

Later guys? Tre Walker.

There’s a bunch of guys I like at 51 though. Grimes, etc.

I’m not sure where Amari Rodgers and Seth Williams are projected but I like them a lot. Rodgers is magic with the ball. Makes catches like Tyler Johnson in the game last week on the regular.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Moore, Moore, Brown, Brown, Toney at 51

Later guys? Tre Walker.

There’s a bunch of guys I like at 51 though. Grimes, etc.

I’m not sure where Amari Rodgers and Seth Williams are projected but I like them a lot. Rodgers is magic with the ball. Makes catches like Tyler Johnson in the game last week on the regular.

I don't know most of the later guys yet but I like what I have seen from Brown St Brown and Toney

To take advantage of this depth at WR I hope they take one by the 3rd round along with assuming one via FA

Nice work!

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

WR   College Ht/Wt
1 DeVonta Smith Alabama 6-1, 175
2 JaMarr Chase* LSU 6-1, 200
3 Jaylen Waddle* Alabama 5-10, 182
4 Amari Rodgers Clemson 5-9, 210
5 Rashod Bateman Minnesota 6-2, 210
6 Seth Williams* Auburn 6-3, 224
7 Kadarius Toney Florida 5-11, 190
8 Elijah Moore Ole Miss 5-9, 185
9 Amon-Ra St. Brown* USC 6-1, 195
10 Dyami Brown* UNC 6-1, 195
11 Rondale Moore Purdue 5-9, 180
12 Trevon Grimes Florida 6-5, 214
13 Marlon Williams UCF 6-0, 215
14 Marquez Stevenson Houston 6-0, 190
15 Sage Surratt* Wake 6-3, 215
16 Dazz Newsome UNC 6-3, 197
17 Tylan Wallace Ok. State 6-0, 185
18 Tamorrion Terry FSU 6-4, 230
19 Tre Walker San Jose St 5-11, 180
20 Tyler Vaughns USC 6-2, 190
21 Damonte Coxie* Memphis 6-3, 197
22 Terrace Marshall LSU 6-3, 200
23 Reggie Roberson SMU 6-0, 200
24 Ihmir Smith-Marsette Iowa 6-2, 175
25 Anthony Schwartz* Auburn 6-1, 179
26 Tutu Atwell* Louisville 5-9, 153

I have a few guys left that I can't find much on...

JaMarr Chase* LSU 6-1, 200

Good size. Has tremendous breakaway speed on ins/shallow crossers and fade balls. Very good in the scramble drill. Runs his feet at contact similar to how a back does and runs through light tackles. His route tree at LSU didn't show a lot of variation. Short in-breaking crossers/slants and fades make up the vast majority of his route samples. He is excellent at high pointing the outside pass and can twist his body in a variety of ways to go up and get the ball.

Rashod Bateman Minnesota 6-2, 210

The standout thing about Bateman is his ability to literally stop on a dime when he is running a route or going for YAC. Has excellent foot work to help shake defenders at the LoS and has a high end catch radius. He has a knack for catching the ball even when defenders interfere with him and has good speed. He could play in the slot or outside.

Dyami Brown* UNC 6-1, 195

He fights for every extra yard he can get without being a significant injury risk. He is a dynamic receiver that is capable of playing in the slot or outside and has tremendous production and hands. He has excellent field awareness and knows when he has to get his feet down. He also adjusts very well to passes thrown in his direction.

DeVonta Smith Alabama 6-1, 175

Excellent route runner and can run any route in the playbook with precision. His size is a concern to some, but he plays bigger than he is. He has elite C.O.D. skills and ridiculous hands and breakway speed. Effort player with great vision. Has elite catch radius and can play from the slot or the outside. Has deceptive acceleration as he stems his routes. He looks like he's moving full speed off the line and then plants and accelerates and it creates crazy separation. Other times he starts off as fast as possible and stays running that speed. And still other times he starts fast and slows down and the DB flies by.

Tre Walker San Jose St 5-11, 180

His size doesn't scream possession receiver... But he is one. He has excellent production and runs most of the routes you want to see receivers run. He is small, and his speed and quickness isn't where you'd love a guy his size to be, but is still NFL caliber. Another guy with excellent C.O.D. and he will work himself back to the ball and make himself available to help the QB. He's likely to be around later in the draft due to size and school, but his hands make him a tremendous value target.

Amon-Ra St. Brown* USC 6-1, 195

He's a lanky 6-1. Excellent route tree and he's really good in the bubble game. He's not the most physical receiver on the list but can go up and get it with anyone. One tendency I noticed on watching him was that he tends to jump for almost every pass to him aside from the short bubble stuff and come back stuff, even when its not entirely necessary, which can limit his YAC a little bit at the next level. But having said that: His jumping is one of the reasons he's so good at contested catches. Can play outside but I think he'd excel in a more slot aligned role in the NFL.

Tylan Wallace Ok. State 6-0, 185

One thing that stood out is that he almost always is on the right side of the formation. Whether that is his comfort or the team's is a major question mark, but it is limiting in the NFL if it's a "him" thing. He runs primarily outside routes and short breaking routes. His YAC is limited unless he catches the ball in open space but he will go up and get the ball in any situation and show off hand-eye skills.Incredibly reliable and productive receiver. He didn't get a chance to show off his skills in college and that may cause him to drop a touch lower than his actual value. But he is a solid pro caliber outside receiver.

Rondale Moore Purdue 5-9, 180

He is dynamic as a player. Probably more of a true slot and is a solid jet receiver who can run the sweep or break out on an arrow concept. He works best when there is a motion involved. He isn't a very technical route runner and his route tree isn't very diversified. Tremendous YAC threat but very small. It would be interesting to see him as a dump off threat as he's could do a lot of damage in that kind of role. He's also a tremendous athlete and knows how to get open in the scramble drill.

Seth Williams* Auburn 6-3, 224

When he's used in the bubble game he times his catch with forward movement in order to maximize the gain. That is a tremendous skill and awareness. One thing I liked most about Williams: His willingness to block. He will block and stick to the block and help create lanes for his teammates. Runs all the routes, but doesn't run all of them well. Has very good hands and is strong, so he will be a problem for teams in the red zone with his strength and size. Quickness isn't high end, but for an outside guy who is more of a possession type that's not a make or break concept for him coming out as a rookie.

Sage Surratt* Wake 6-3, 215

Good size receiver who makes his living off of using that size. He doesn't have great speed or quickness, though, but has good ball skills and can go and get the ball with ease at times. As a guy who was set to attend Harvard he has the high end IQ that you'd love to have on your roster.

Jaylen Waddle* Alabama 5-10, 182

Absolute ridiculous in air adjustments to the football and has no fear of repercussions for laying out to catch a ball (which can be both good and bad). Defenders have to take extreme angles to cut him off as he races towards the sideline because he's so fast, but he creates extra issues with his excellent C.O.D. skills. He runs an extremely diversified route tree, even at times aligning in the backfield and using motions. He has excellent feet off the LoS and uses his hands well to work a release. Dynamic playmaker and is the premier slot type in this class.

Tamorrion Terry FSU 6-4, 230

Physically he is an absolute beast. Probably going to see a lot of DK Metcalf comparisons. He can take the top off of a defense and his size and strength is undeniable. At times his hands are unreliable and he doesn't play like a guy his size in the sense that he doesn't play as physical as you'd think he would. And that's one of the major differences that gives me pause with the Metcalf comp.

Nothing really stands out about him from a good or bad perspective. Decent speed, decent hands, good size. He doesn't do a great job of fighting out of bad situations (slight defensive holding) and isn't all that dynamic. I am curious if his performance depends on his frustration levels as it wavers a bit and is inconsistent.

Marquez Stevenson Houston 6-0, 190

Want to talk about fast? Stevenson is blazing. Will catch the ball in traffic and even take it from a defender on a lower ball. Doesn't seem to be real high on going to high point the ball if he doesn't have some separation but this guy plays like a modern DeSean Jackson with a bit more speed and size.

Kadarius Toney Florida 5-11, 190

Fast, athletic and smooth. Operating from the slot he can operate in a jet type of role as well as more of a "traditional" slot role. Extremely productive and explosive and has tremendous vision to find open lanes. His change of direction paired with his agility and deceiving power is a matchup nightmare for defensive coordinators at the next level.

Anthony Schwartz* Auburn 6-1, 179

Has some speed but doesn't have great vision or balance. Reliable hands and can be a slot weapon but he doesn't really seem to want to try to block anyone.

Trevon Grimes Florida 6-5, 214

Huge target. Great size and runs a diverse route tree. Big time red zone threat that can outmuscle and outjump opposing DBs. Possession receiver and a guy who gets first downs. Can secure the edge in the run game as a blocker as well.

Tutu Atwell* Louisville 5-9, 153

He's listed at 153 pounds. He looks like he's a 153 pound guy on the field, too. Size is a very significant concern for him. However, he is a jitterbug type that can find seams and break plays wide open with his playmaking ability. Has good change of direction skills and runs sharp routes. Good hands.

Terrace Marshall LSU 6-3, 200

Prototype outside receiver size with good hands. Isn't very sharp in his breaks and doesn't show great effort when the ball doesn't come his way or it's not schemed to. Not a very fast twitch guy. But he has good hands and can go up and get the ball. Effort doubles on plays where he looks like he's getting the ball. Has a lot of potential, but needs to do a lot of improving to be a pro receiver. Including his poor blocking efforts.

Marlon Williams UCF 6-0, 215

Great YAC skills. Can play in the slot or outside with his size and athleticism Okay as a blocker. Runs speed outs and ins very well and creates a lot of separation. He finds open spaces and finds ways to convert first downs on a regular basis. Creates YAC despite middle of the road slot receiver speed. Very reliable target.

Dazz Newsome UNC 6-3, 197

Guy gets off the line from the slot position real well and gives high effort on every play. Is a very fast twitch athlete who can create space with his hands and whether he's out on a route or blocking he uses his feet in both scenarios to either set up the pass or set up his block. All around player who can be used in the return game. Routes aren't as crisp as you'd like to see at the next level yet, but that will come with time.

Tyler Vaughns USC 6-2, 190

He has great agility and athleticism off the line of scrimmage. Can go up and get 50/50 balls and has extremely strong hands. You didn't really see a lot of him going up and getting the ball on a fade type concept. Most of his routes were run as in-breaking routes. Not the fastest or most athletic but he has great balance and spatial awareness.

Ihmir Smith-Marsette Iowa 6-2, 175

Good hands. Has a habit of going negative after the catch at times, but has solid wiggle. He's also extremely slight in frame and takes some monster hits. His double move sell is excellent. While his hands are good, he has a habit of misjudging balls and body catching.

Reggie Roberson SMU 6-0, 200

Has excellent athleticism and ball skills. He's good off the LoS with his hands and feet, although he false steps more than you'd like to see from a receiver. He is a willing blocker who gets in the way. Extremely fast but if his move off the line doesn't get him into space he struggles to get much separation.

Amari Rodgers Clemson 5-9, 210

Crazy athleticism, agility and change of direction skills. He can stop on a dime and side step or leap over a defender. He makes extraordinary catches down the sideline and can gain separation. His routes aren't always the cleanest but his role is going to be taking the top off of a defense and challenge the MOF. Excellent hands.

Elijah Moore Ole Miss 5-9, 185

YAC monster. Inside routes, outside routes, jet sweeps, fades, digs, posts... Whatever he runs he is a major threat for YAC. He finds ways to get loose from coverage and is excellent at high pointing the ball. His catch radius isn't large as he's a smaller guy, but can go down and get the ball from anywhere. He is totally unafraid on the field of anything or any route or any contact.

OUTSTANDING Analysis!!!

It'll all depend on FA.  I figure we'll get at least one vet WR.  Terry is the only assured WR on the roster next year.  Cam Sims (IMO) is too unreliable.  

Last year, there were...

Round 1: (6 WRs)

Round 2: (7 WRs)

Round 3: (2 WRs)

You have to figure that if we want an impact WR, it'll have to be either the 1st or 2nd round pick.

• Like 1

Just now, DWinzit said:

I don't know most of the later guys yet but I like what I have seen from Brown St Brown and Toney

To take advantage of this depth at WR I hope they take one by the 3rd round along with assuming one via FA

Nice work!

I really like Marquez Stevenson as a guy to take the top off a D. He’s Desean-esque I think. Take a look at him too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I really like Marquez Stevenson as a guy to take the top off a D. He’s Desean-esque I think. Take a look at him too.

Younger, taller, heavier Djax...sign me up lol.

I will pay attention to him for sure :cheers:

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mhd24 said:

Shuler was dumber than a bag of rocks. He was the white Akili Smith. There are some funny stories about him getting calls completely wrong in the huddle. BMitch tried to correct him and Shuler snapped at him, so Brian just let him **** up, much to the chagrin of Norvo.  His hands were also too small to get a strong grip on the larger pro footballs, which meant he couldn't throw on a rope or with any long -ball accuracy. After Shuler busted, talent evaluators started taking measurements of QBs hands at the combine.

It's true Frerotte never passed to Westbroke, but the dude was more brittle than RG3, and had a nasty attitude on top of it. Casserly reportedly wanted Galloway, but Norvo the Clown wanted Westbroke.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Day 3 target. Average speed may kill his stock. Good hands, competitive edge is there.

Edited by UK SKINS FAN 74
  • Like 1