Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Kamren Curl, S Arkansas

zCommander

Is Kurl playing strong safety or free safety?  Landon Collins is already basically a linebacker that plays coverage, I wonder if there is any realistic chance of converting him to an inside linebacker where he gets to play closer to the line and use his athleticism to seal edges?  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Is Kurl playing strong safety or free safety?  Landon Collins is already basically a linebacker that plays coverage, I wonder if there is any realistic chance of converting him to an inside linebacker where he gets to play closer to the line and use his athleticism to seal edges?  

Interesting idea.  I believe he is playing strong because Everett is playing free.  But it may vary depending on what Del Rio wants to do.

8 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Soooo, what are we gonna do with Collins?

It's like the best problem to have. A 7th round rookie balling and putting the heat on a veteran. If Collins wants to play, he has to up his game and since he is a competitor I hope that's what he'll do.

But if Curl continues to play like this it is hard to imagine Collins being here after 2021 when we have a potential out.

• Like 2

Gotta wonder how Curl and Collins would be together since his emergence, Collins is more comfortable in the box like Jamal Adams and plays better when he’s there. Curl has more range, could have been a decent tandem if they got more games together   

Keep Reaves and Curl.  Let Collins go as soon as we can get out of his contract.  Giants knew Collins was done and he was definitely not worth the contract he wanted.

We have to stop taking players from other teams who they do not want to retain..  When Norv Turner was our coach he hired several ex-Cowboy players who ended up being worthless.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2020 at 10:25 AM, veteranskinsfan said:

Keep Reaves and Curl.  Let Collins go as soon as we can get out of his contract.  Giants knew Collins was done and he was definitely not worth the contract he wanted.

We have to stop taking players from other teams who they do not want to retain..  When Norv Turner was our coach he hired several ex-Cowboy players who ended up being worthless.

giphy.gif

Collins earns a guarunteed base salary on March failed physical.  Basically he'll be here for 2021 unless they can trade him.  That's not a total loss.  That SS spot involves major hits and injuries happen frequently there.  JDR used Kurl in a Big Nickle package where they were both on the field.  JDR can create other packages that utilizes both guys.  This hybrid LB'er package could be very confusing for offenses.  It's a good problem that could help lessen the need for a FA LB'er acquisition.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

For those who believe Collins can play LB do you think he can do what KPP does at the 8 second mark of this cut up? 

No.  I suggested Landon at LB a while back, but his biggest flaws before his injury was missed tackles and coverage of TEs and RBs.  He seems cooked at this point.  We need a true ILB moving forward.  Landon can play the Hudson role next year.  I am hoping Hudson can take that WILL spot.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 1:25 PM, veteranskinsfan said:

I remember being SO ****ING EXCITED that we got Alvin Harper.