Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Kamren Curl, S Arkansas

zCommander

6 minutes ago, carex said:

we've lined him up at nickel from what I understand

That’s where his INT came from, last game, if I’m not mistaken. 

Edit: Lined up outside, jammed the receiver and then carried him across the middle and caught a poorly thrown ball that was behind his receiver. Looked like his jam helped disrupt the timing and help cause the INT. 

Edited by Anselmheifer

6 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

That’s where his INT came from, last game, if I’m not mistaken. 

Edit: Lined up outside, jammed the receiver and then carried him across the middle and caught a poorly thrown ball that was behind his receiver. Looked like his jam helped disrupt the timing and help cause the INT. 

It was a hell of a jam.  Erzt seemed caught off guard and didn’t get his head around in time.  

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Well I’m pretty sure Curl will be starting on this D in 2021. There is no way he loses a starting berth, none.

I think we're all in agreement on that one.

I think the biggest question is, what do we do with Collins ?

I wish we could trade him, but I'm guessing his cap number would make that unrealistic ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I wish we could trade him, but I'm guessing his cap number would make that unrealistic ?

His 2021 salary is guaranteed through injury, which is quite likely to trigger in March I think. He’ll be around in some capacity.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

His 2021 salary is guaranteed through injury, which is quite likely to trigger in March I think. He’ll be around in some capacity.

If he's already on the books and we're not in desperate need of his cap hit, then having him around even just on the bench isn't a bad issue, unless he complains.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You can't just not play a FS and have 2 SS. That's absurd. I don't know what we do, but no, the idea of two guys that need to be around the LoS and no deep coverage is the most idiotic idea I've heard. :ols:

I don't think anyone is suggesting that.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yup, Collins is untradeable and you can't cut him next year but he was also voted a team captain this year so he must be respected in that locker room.  You move Collins up as a hybrid and leave Curl where he is.  I'm sure JD can get creative with him.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Well I’m pretty sure Curl will be starting on this D in 2021. There is no way he loses a starting berth, none.

I agree with this probably, although this team seems like a meritocracy. If someone is better, they will start. I just don’t see that though. Curl has great instincts, is tough, tackles well, and has a nose for the ball. 

There is no pressing need to cut Collins unless we need the money. Players get hurt. How many safeties did we have get hurt this year? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Yup, Collins is untradeable and you can't cut him next year but he was also voted a team captain this year so he must be respected in that locker room.  You move Collins up as a hybrid and leave Curl where he is.  I'm sure JD can get creative with him.  

Only issue is that Collins will want LB money.  We shall see how it goes.  I think there is a savings / out in his contract though.  OTC Landon Collins Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

Edited by RWJ

If not for all of your posts, I'd be stuck in my own head about this good problem of having both Collins and Curl on the roster. So thanks for making things a bit clearer. I like the idea of giving Collins a hybrid position. Heck, you could name the position after him. If he could track down mobile quarterbacks, I'd be thrilled.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kelvin Bryant said:

Concur. After all, the guy did just coach the second best defense in the NFL. 

Not quite.  He coached it up to the second-best defense in the NFL.  That's more impressive than maintaining that rank.  Give him a competent Mike and he'll make that leap to #1.

I'm not impressed with Jeremy Chinn.  If he were all that, he wouldn't need that extra "n".  Kamren Curll doesn't need that extra "l".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I say we embrace the idea of having those two on the team and having a fantastic secondary.. Why is everyone so quick to dimiss and get rid of Collins when he brings so much to the team.. I get the cap number but lets see this out first..

15 hours ago, carex said:

it seems weird to me that a guy who played some CB in college and has played nickelback couldn't play free safety

I dont know that he can't.  He is still a rookie after all and not a finished product.  Might be something he's gotta work at.  That's what coaching and reps are for.  But as of now, he's only had to concentrate and work on one thing, being a SS.  

Edited by justice98

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

I dont know that he can't.  Might be something he's gotta work at.  That's what coaching and reps are for.  But as of now, he's had to concentrate on one thing, SS.

7 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I dont know that he can't.  Might be something he's gotta work at.  That's what coaching and reps are for.  But as of now, he's had to concentrate on one thing, SS.

In the Rivera post game interview, he said the reason Khaleke Hudson couldn’t get on the field is that he is a big nickel and they already have one in Kurl. 

• Like 1