Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR Liberty

zCommander

Anquan Boldin ran a 4.7 and Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.6.

This kid is big, driven, and smart. 

In one of his videos he (paraphrasing) said he does not half-butt anything, and if something is tough he is going to plug away until he has mastered it. Coaches vouch that is the kind of young man he is. Music to my ears and much more important to me than tenths of a second difference on a straighline run. 

Awesome potential and I will be pulling hard hard for him.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I'll take that bet. 🙋‍♂️

7 hours ago, pcbothwel said:

Agreed

also. This draft is making it VERY clear about the type of offense we will run. 
- quick OL

- Strong WRs that block (Terry, Harmon, Golden)

- “Weapons” that can play make (Sims, Love, Guice, Gibson)

I think it’s becoming clear. sweeps, Screens, etc. with blockers on the outside. Makes Haskins job much easier. 
Seriously, Guice & Gibson with Harmon, Golden, and Terry is an interesting group that allows the OC to run a ton of different options with that look without giving it away. Gone are the Reed and AP days of knowing what we’re going to run. 

Not only that, but you couple those guys with the D line.. Chase, Kerrigan, Allen, Ion, Payne, Settle, Sweat, and things are looking up. I'm not expecting world beaters next year but I'm fully on board with what they're angling toward, Explosive, athletic playmakers on both sides of the ball who are all youngsters, instead of the tired boring plain jane FA's who are never gonna make plays outside their little bubble of expertise.. I'm really excited for all the young guys and what they can do. Can't really fault this draft. Thought the WR in the 3rd was a little early, but we've got a TON of weapons at WR, RB, and DL. All of that coupled with the rumored return of a zbs for the offense? I think we're gonna enjoy the next few years watching these kids grow up.

I've still got faith in my man Steven Sims.. the guy is a playmaker and I really think he's on his way to being a mini AB (minus the craziness)

Edited by crabbypatty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Ron told him not to run his fastest. Same strategy some of the local youth league coaches used to use when we held our predraft evaluations.

I like my strategy better:

which is your mom kid?

gotcha, she, I mean you get a star next to your name.....

Definitely special.

Besides the gymnastic experience gifting his physical attributes, he has a tough mind.

"Some things come easy to me. And when I can't do it, it makes me want to do it even more. There's something about competition that sets me on fire"

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/5ea1ab74be6ab325825fbafb

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The two Antonio's will end up being two massive steals of this draft.  That will immediately contribute.  

He kind of reminds me of TO.  If you were to ask me who I think he plays like.  I think he is going to be special.   Three if not four major contributors in this draft.   Young.  Gibson.  Golden.  Perhaps Charles.  After all he going up against Chase.

Edited by Newera
  • Like 2

He's a late round draft pick. Temper your expectations. The Redskins have Cody Latimer, the 3rd round pick and the existing WRs on last year's roster with a year under their belt. The young man has time to work on his craft. I like what I've seen so far. Tracks the ball in the air; will probably need to work on his press release. He's got training camp to prove himself. But realistically, with no rookie mini camp, no OTAs and what not, he's got a tough row to hoe.  Plus the Redskins believe the other Antonio is better. 

10 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

He's a late round draft pick. Temper your expectations. The Redskins have Cody Latimer, the 3rd round pick and the existing WRs on last year's roster with a year under their belt. The young man has time to work on his craft. I like what I've seen so far. Tracks the ball in the air; will probably need to work on his press release. He's got training camp to prove himself. But realistically, with no rookie mini camp, no OTAs and what not, he's got a tough row to hoe.  Plus the Redskins believe the other Antonio is better. 

True, but at least I think he's got better potential than last year's late round pick, Kelvin Harmon.

It doesn't project as an immediate upgrade, but has the potential of being an upgrade down the road, and at least improves depth.

8 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

True, but at least I think he's got better potential than last year's late round pick, Kelvin Harmon.

It doesn't project as an immediate upgrade, but has the potential of being an upgrade down the road, and at least improves depth.

I haven't closed the book on Harmon. Last year's offensive coordination was not conducive to success in any way, shape or form. Harmon caught most of the balls thrown his way. The offense overall struggled because of the same **** everybody else on the team suffered from....coaching and organizational chaos. I see Harmon being used properly this year, so we'll see what happens.

9 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

I haven't closed the book on Harmon. Last year's offensive coordination was not conducive to success in any way, shape or form. Harmon caught most of the balls thrown his way. The offense overall struggled because of the same **** everybody else on the team suffered from....coaching and organizational chaos. I see Harmon being used properly this year, so we'll see what happens.

I don't hate him or think he's a bust.  I just think his ceiling is super low.

2 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I don't hate him or think he's a bust.  I just think his ceiling is super low.

Seems like this Gandy guy will be a challenge directly to Harmon as they have similar games, taller, not as fast, win the jump balls, etc...Given that Gandy was drafted by this regime, you'd think Harmon better show up ready to take the 2nd year jump. The fact that RR and Kyle drafted 2 WR's has to put the 2nd year guys on notice for sure.

How's this look:

Terry Mac

Simms Jr.

Latimer

Gibson

Gandy - Golden

Harmon

Cam Sims

Quinn

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Seems like this Gandy guy will be a challenge directly to Harmon as they have similar games, taller, not as fast, win the jump balls, etc...Given that Gandy was drafted by this regime, you'd think Harmon better show up ready to take the 2nd year jump. The fact that RR and Kyle drafted 2 WR's has to put the 2nd year guys on notice for sure.

How's this look:

Terry Mac

Simms Jr.

Latimer

Gibson

Gandy - Golden

Harmon

Cam Sims

Quinn

Yea Cam and Quinn are done. Although, Gandy could find himself on PS due to the short off season prep. Its really just a matter of who grabs hold of the new offense.

So what if you lined up like this:  McLaurin and AGG on the outside, Sims in the slot, Gibson and (Pick your favorite "normal" running back, AP/Guice/Love) in the backfield. For the purposes of this, I'm going to roll with Guice because I don't want to keep using all three, but if you prefer AP or Love, just substitute them in wherever I say "Guice."

You have plenty of speed to stretch the defense with McLaurin, Sims and Gibson.  You have power with Guice at , and size with AGG. 

You force the defense to cover sideline to sideline, and LOS to end-zone.  They can't stack the line, because a quick screen or a dump off could get behind the defense REALLY fast and lead to really easy chunk plays.  But if they settle back and play a deep zone, you can either run it at them, or you can throw quick game between the LBs and the safeties all day long.  

You can use Sims and Gibson to run jet sweeps at times to keep the defense from crowding the middle.  

AGG's size allows him (if he can do it) to use body position to get possession type catches, because most likely the defense is going to be more worried about the deep speed of McLaurin, Sims and GIbson, and the running of Guice.

I like the diversity the pick brings to the offense.  Again, assuming 1) Scott Turner uses it and 2) Haskins can execute it.  The 'Skins might be sneaky good on offense.  At least a whole lot more competitive than the Run-run-pass-punt we've seen the last 3 years.  

18 hours ago, mistertim said:

Who is slow and also has had multiple injuries to the same foot. 

The name is the only thing he shares with Randy Moss.

Well, that's actually not factually correct since Randy is the biological father, unless I've missed something.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Yea Cam and Quinn are done. Although, Gandy could find himself on PS due to the short off season prep. Its really just a matter of who grabs hold of the new offense.

I don't know....if Gandy Man goes to the practice squad I think we'd lose him to another team. 

• Like 2