Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gibson, RB/WR Memphis

zCommander

WFT is planning to run like Forest Gump.  Their roster is built for speed and they're putting in a new field for the first time in 24 years.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/17/washington-putting-in-new-grass-at-fedex-field/

The Washington Football Team has played on the same grass field at FedEx Field since 1997. At times, it has looked more like dirt and spray paint.

The project, led by head groundskeeper Pete Benevento, will remove 5,000 cubic yards of soil. That will fill 500 dump trucks, per TheAthletic.com, and take the field down to the heating system.

Workers then will install more than 2 miles of drainage pipe and a new irrigation system.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

WFT is planning to run like Forest Gump.  Their roster is built for speed and they're putting in a new field for the first time in 24 years.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/17/washington-putting-in-new-grass-at-fedex-field/

The Washington Football Team has played on the same grass field at FedEx Field since 1997. At times, it has looked more like dirt and spray paint.

The project, led by head groundskeeper Pete Benevento, will remove 5,000 cubic yards of soil. That will fill 500 dump trucks, per TheAthletic.com, and take the field down to the heating system.

Workers then will install more than 2 miles of drainage pipe and a new irrigation system.

I saw that we got a new practice field as well. Sure glad to hear this. Until RR got here, it just seemed like this whole organization and fanbase had gone to seed. I hated that our team played 50% of it's games on that suck-ass field. Just one more reason I love this coach as much as Gibbs!

• Like 2

More shocking, it’s practically 2022, which leave roughly 5 or so years left until the lease is up. I feel it was just yesterday when there was 10 years left and it felt like a new stadium would never arrive. They better get things rolling, doesn’t it take up to 3 years to finish a stadium, which eats a big chunk into those 6 remaining years.

6 minutes ago, dyst said:

More shocking, it’s practically 2022, which leave roughly 5 or so years left until the lease is up. I feel it was just yesterday when there was 10 years left and it felt like a new stadium would never arrive. They better get things rolling, doesn’t it take up to 3 years to finish a stadium, which eats a big chunk into those 6 remaining years.

We will probably have an idea what's going to happen with the stadium by 2023-2024 would be my guess, it's not far at all.

3 hours ago, dyst said:

I’m thinking that next year they are demolishing RFK & by then the new team name will be announced hopefully with news of the new stadium being built on old RFK site!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, -JB- said:

I’m thinking that next year they are demolishing RFK & by then the new team name will be announced hopefully with news of the new stadium being built on old RFK site!

Doubtful--no one in DC wants to deal with Dan Snyder. I honestly have no idea where it will end up...

13 hours ago, TheShredder said:

So Snyder's gonna pull a Jimmy Hoffa on Bruce Allen.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Northern VA I'm guessing. Or maybe somewhere near where MGM is at National Harbor.

I thought that too--but where? They would have to pull some serious dick moves with eminent domain (like kicking people out of their homes) to fit it. At least in my estimation.

13 hours ago, TheShredder said:

It's absolutely mindboggling to me how obvious it's been for many many years what a piece of **** our field was and nothing was ever done about it. Likewise with practice and training facilities. I remember seeing pictures of their weight room and thinking it looked more like a mom and pop hole in the wall strip mall gym than the facility used by a professional football team. Division 3 college teams had better training facilities for their athletes.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I thought that too--but where? They would have to pull some serious dick moves with eminent domain (like kicking people out of their homes) to fit it. At least in my estimation.

You're having a hard time believing that an organization led by Dan Snyder is capable of pulling dick moves??

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, mistertim said:

It's absolutely mindboggling to me how obvious it's been for many many years what a piece of **** our field was and nothing was ever done about it. Likewise with practice and training facilities. I remember seeing pictures of their weight room and thinking it looked more like a mom and pop hole in the wall strip mall gym than the facility used by a professional football team. Division 3 college teams had better training facilities for their athletes.

Yea I never really got how it was acceptable for players to get drafted and their work out equipment and facilities take a few steps back. I remember Shannahan saying it was going to be a priority when he got here.....and then the truth hit him, I guess. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mistertim said:

There was an article in The Athletic maybe a year or two ago just railing on the conditions at Then-Redskins Park. The one quote that stood out were the palates of sports drinks and a floor buffer just stacked in a hallway. They said it looked like the storage room of a 7-11 rather than a team headquarters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

There was an article in The Athletic maybe a year or two ago just railing on the conditions at Then-Redskins Park. The one quote that stood out were the palates of sports drinks and a floor buffer just stacked in a hallway. They said it looked like the storage room of a 7-11 rather than a team headquarters.

Yeah that sort of stuff is baffling to me.

How does it even happen? It's not like the team has no money. Is it a consequence of having an owner and management that are just on completely different pages where the owner isn't aware? Is the owner aware and doesn't care? Does management do it themselves to try and save money to curry favor with the owner?

Whichever it is, it seems systemic. Hopefully RR and the new FO will be able to continue driving these kind of changes.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, dyst said:

In my experience the older I've become the faster the illusion that we refer to as time seems to pass. 

Sort of like time dilation on a perceptual dimension.

6 hours ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

You're having a hard time believing that an organization led by Dan Snyder is capable of pulling dick moves??

Eminent domain is one richard move that snyder can't pull.  He can bribe the state/county/city to seize the land, but eminent domain is a gov't function.  I can totally see it happening.  Whether loudon or fairfax or prince bill, the county will find an area with a bunch of working-class homes, pay them on the low side of reasonable, kick them out, and there's the new stadium site.

6 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

On the plus side, during the Jay Gruden era, Snyder became the first and so far only team owner to stockpile cases of complimentary edible condoms to be used by management and staff during work hours for the protection of all.

Highly enlightened decision.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 8:04 AM, Riggo#44 said:

Doubtful--no one in DC wants to deal with Dan Snyder. I honestly have no idea where it will end up...

Maybe if the rumors of Jay-Z becoming a minority owner are true and he does come on board DC would gladly move the team into DC with possibly the first black owner to have possibly up to 40+ % invested.  Snyder you shrewd mother****er you!

On 5/17/2021 at 5:42 PM, TheShredder said:

So what did they do to the field then after RG3's injury? I swear to God I've heard a few different times since then they've replaced the field, so what did they do then so differently than now?

24 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

So what did they do to the field then after RG3's injury? I swear to God I've heard a few different times since then they've replaced the field, so what did they do then so differently than now?

Just going from memory; previously all they did was replace 10cm of the top soil, but this time they're digging down 60cm and replacing the gravel as well. ( I may have got the terms and dimensions slightly wrong, but that's the gist of it ). 

1 hour ago, London Kev said:

Just going from memory; previously all they did was replace 10cm of the top soil, but this time they're digging down 60cm and replacing the gravel as well. ( I may have got the terms and dimensions slightly wrong, but that's the gist of it ). 

Well this is awesome a whole brand new field is long overdue

But what I'm wondering is will they put this brand new filled in and it get trampled with concerts and other events there before this season starts?

7 hours ago, -JB- said:

Maybe if the rumors of Jay-Z becoming a minority owner are true and he does come on board DC would gladly move the team into DC with possibly the first black owner to have possibly up to 40+ % invested.  Snyder you shrewd mother****er you!

Why would JayZ want to be a minority owner with Dan Snyder?  Isn't he supposed to be smarter than that?

1 hour ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Why would JayZ want to be a minority owner with Dan Snyder?  Isn't he supposed to be smarter than that?

Well I’m being half facetious of course because it’s just an internet rumor that won’t come to fruition.  BUT IF IT DID! Old School Reaction GIF