Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gibson, RB/WR Memphis

The team can be a power running team in shotgun sets with him in the backfield; immense value as it opens up so much for Turner, IMO. He’s shifty enough to make things in tight spaces and has tremendous power to help stay ahead of the chains. 

The RPO slant/hand-off to Terry/Gibson could be a staple for years to come if these two continue their upward trends and remain healthy. 

Edited by wit33
  • Like 4
15 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Same. I didn’t love the pick. I thought we should have gone for a real building block versus a gadget type player, but they very obviously had a plan to turn him into a three down back and so far the results speak for themselves. The emergence of Logan also helped alleviate my annoyance of not drafting a TE in that spot.

True. A career year from Thomas did help.

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Kudos to you, for tolding yourself so ;)

Yup. I can admit that I'm occasionally wrong.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, wit33 said:

The team can be a power running team in shotgun sets with him in the backfield; immense value as it opens up so much for Turner, IMO. He’s shifty enough to make things in tight spaces and has tremendous power to help stay ahead of the chains. 

The RPO slant/hand-off to Terry/Gibson could be a staple for years to come if these two continue their upward trends and remain healthy. 

The shotgun sets with McKissic, Gibson, Logan Thomas, Mclaurin and whatever other reciever on the field at the same time are our most dangerous and difficult to defend by far. They are getting better at the non shotgun sets also. 

Edited by XxSpearheadxX
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

The shotgun sets with McKissic, Gibson, Logan Thomas, Mclaurin and whatever other reciever on the field at the same time are our most dangerous and difficult to defend by far. They are getting better at the non shotgun sets also. 

Love Alex as a player pre injury and believe his value this year has been immense, but imagine that personnel with an above average athlete at QB (pre injury Alex would’ve been dynamic). Alex still remains dynamic in the short game and pre and post snap reads, a high ceiling still remains with this trio, IMO. 

Gibson is in the beginning of his journey of running the ball under center, we’ll see. 

• Like 1

Need to pound the rock over & over & over again.  Last week they were just pounding Carolina into submission & then drop Haskins back & he’d make horrendous decisions ruining drives.  Have to stick with the run!

• Like 2

Have there been any plays where Gibson motions out of the backfield to the line (as in WR) and then takes an end around?  If the D has to respect his ball-carrying and his route-running, it opens up a lot of options.  Did anyone say option?  Can he throw a catchable ball anywhere?  Make Sweat a 2-way red zone option at TE and Madden will go crazy.  I kind of want to see Chase Y. return punts and kickoffs.  It'd be like the Running of the Bulls in Pamploma - no one wants to be in the way of that stampede.  Yeah, I know (see Jason Seehorn), but..., you know what Joe Bostic said about Darrell Green...!  All this AND we've got: the absence of Haskins; our first round draft pick (wherever it is), Chase freakin' the Exciter Young and his all-star orchestra of Daron Payne, Jon Allen, Montez Sweat, Tim Settle; Terry McLaurin; A. Gibson.  AND AND, and we're getting back Matt Ioanidis next year.  Man, there's been mostly a reign of futility with Snyder, but every once in awhile someone brings some new hopium to town and we lap that stuff up.  Helluva a drug.  But thanks to guys like the ones who are coming here now, we may well be able to break our addiction to hopium with regular sessions of taking care of business.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...