Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To Your 2020 NFL Virtual/Cyber/Streaming/Whatever Thread LIVE From...

TK

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've thought about the short arms some, prefer a LT with at least 34 inches but somehow he manages with it.  He's also really young, 20 years old. 

<i deleted the image in the quote to comply with rule 11 and avoid a ban from tk---see how that works, everyone?>

what i heard from several talking heads that i liked was that he plays fiercely on every down and finishes off every tackle like one of those bruising rbs finishing off a run

3 minutes ago, TK said:

Absolute steal in the 4th. If he didn't have all the off field issues, he'd have been a first rounder. 

YES! How many first rounders did we steal in the last few year now, at least 10 of them.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Gandy Golden but he seems so similar to Kelvin Harmon, taller, but both are physical players, 4.6 40's.  Golden more of a YAC guy though.  I'd hope for Tyler Johnson if he falls 

Mentioned as DeVante Parker clone.  He has more speed than Harmon who I love and was a steal as WR in last year's draft.  Honestly, I would love me some Harrison Bryant with our next 4th rounder. :)

Im always a fan of drafting lineman.  The upside is significant and if the team is comfortable with the risk, it makes a great deal of sense.

getting a third for TW is more than I expected too.  Great way to start day three.

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

We were connected to him throughout the process, which I assumed meant we were getting to know him and figuring out if he was a guy Rivera could connect with

Okay I didn't know that.  I love him as a player and I agree with others that he was by far the best LT prospect still on the board.  I guess I'm still trying to figure out what Rivera is looking for in terms of character and building his culture.   I think its a great pick at this point in the draft just a little surprised.  

I hope joe staley says, I can't retire after we blew that lead in the super bowl, I'm coming back.  Haha, are you going to demote your franchise, 49ers HOF left tackle, or tell Trent he is 2nd string or changing positions.  I'm sure his agent will handle that situation admirably.

That being said, I don't see sf making this trade without being very confident that staley is retiring.

11 minutes ago, dyst said:

That 3rd from the 49ers will be earlier next year unless 9ers have another magical season.

?? They're a top NFC team, even without a "magical" SB season again it's not an earlier pick, and that's okay.

12 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

Finally that piece of **** Trent is gone. Sucks he goes to a sb contender after being a big baby, but hopefully he will cause trouble there and disrupt their locker room with his stupid agent.

As to Charles, where would he have been drafted without the disciplinary stuff?

Everything I've read says he would have been a day 2 pick

Just now, Jumbo said:

what i heard from serval talking heads that i liked was that he plays fiercely on every down and finishes off every tackle like one of those bruiser fullbacks of yesterday

IMO he anchors very well in pass protection, good-quick feet, good athlete which I value the most in a LT.   Some outfits don't love him, PFF for example is somewhat down on him.     He's one of the guys I listed earlier today that I'd like at that pick.  Some boom-bust to the pick because of the character issues.

As for bruisers, Muti is Scherff Part 2. 

Just now, RWJ said:

Hopefully, we sign Peters to a 1 year deal.  Yes, he has the same agent as TW and hopefully he fires him and does a deal with us. :)

Forget dealing with that agent again.  Sign Donald Penn now!  

Then draft charlie heck, and let he, Lucas, and Christian battle for starting RT, and we can give Moses his walking papers too.  Time to cut the fat!

Just now, RWJ said:

Hopefully, we sign Peters to a 1 year deal.  Yes, he has the same agent as TW and hopefully he fires him and does a deal with us. :)

Ron talked alot of not being afraid to let the young player play...   My gut tells me they will just go with one of the younger guys we just drafted or on roster.. There is a chance that they go for a vetern budget option at LT but I don't see Ron paying high $$ for a 1 year rental.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

IMO he anchors very well in pass protection, good-quick feet, good athlete which I value the most in a LT.   Some outfits don't love him, PFF for example is somewhat down on him.     He's one of the guys I listed earlier today that I'd like at that pick.  Some boom-bust to the pick because of the character issues.

As for bruisers, Muti is Scherff Part 2. 

I agree with everything you say. The one issue I saw on tape is he lets guys into to chest quite a bit. Could be due to his shortish arms? Worst case IMO is he becomes a dominate guard if we can keep his head right.

Archived