Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To Your 2020 NFL Virtual/Cyber/Streaming/Whatever Thread LIVE From...

TK

11 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Dude, how many 4th rounders start their 1st year especially at Left OT?  

I think you're missing the point. 

He should have gone much earlier in the draft, but fell due to non-football related issues. 

Would someone drafted in rounds 1-3 have a good chance at a starting job? 

I don’t like the pick. This is not the year to draft a young player who is a “follower” and easily led astray. Imagine him stuck in his hometown for months waiting for the season. 

I don’t think it’s going to work out for us, but I would at the very least sign Jason Peters or another starter he can learn from and follow around like a puppy.

1 minute ago, seantaylor=god said:

I don’t like the pick. This is not the year to draft a young player who is a “follower” and easily led astray. Imagine him stuck in his hometown for months waiting for the season. 

I don’t think it’s going to work out for us, but I would at the very least sign Jason Peters or another starter he can learn from and follow around like a puppy.

Maybe he can "follow" and learn from guys like Collins, Allen, Scherff, Young, etc.

People can grow up and change.

16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I really wish we would have traded up a few spots last night and snagged Trautman.

Yes but a trade up for Trautman means no Charles today.  Tackle was a bigger need and if you put his character issues aside Charles may be the better prospect and definitely has the potential to impact our team more.    I say that as someone who was very high on Trautman.

2 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

Maybe he can "follow" and learn from guys like Collins, Allen, Scherff, Young, etc.

People can grow up and change.

Follow them from his house?

We are looking at no football for months. 

I would have prioritizes self starters, mature, and hard working guys.

3 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

@seantaylor=god not sure if you recall, but even Sean Taylor had some immaturity issues early on. The kid is 20. Give him a chance to grow. 

6 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

My guess is that Kyle Smith and Ron Rivera did extensive homework on the guy and figured it was worth the risk.  We have a much different culture here already, you can feel it. I'm hopeful that this pick will be an absolute steal.

Archived