Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Re-Opening" the Economy Thread

kfrankie

1 hour ago, Kosher Ham said:

Bezos could easily send everyone in the country 100k and not blink an eye. Write that off and become a national hero.

I'm not sure how rich you think he is or how few people you think are in this country, but that would require 34 Trillion dollars.  Bezos' net worth is only $163 billion, so he doesn't even have remotely enough to cover that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To say I'm super happy that Georgia only has 5167 new cases over the last 72 hours is ridiculous, but there we go. 

A former coworker moved back to Brunswick, and is working at the Sea Island resort...got an update from him today...

The hotel is at 80% capacity, 4 other restaurants at other resorts have had to close in the last week because of about a dozen new cases among staff. His restaurant is now the only one open, training new servers on the fly, at a 5-star resort. Seriously???

People are stupid.

I'm still isolating. 

3 minutes ago, China said:

I'm not sure how rich you think he is or how few people you think are in this country, but that would require 34 Trillion dollars.  Bezos' net worth is only $163 billion, so he doesn't even have remotely enough to cover that.

I'd be willing to bet that Kosher probably meant "adults who aren't already rich AF"...at least I hope so...

5 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'd be willing to bet that Kosher probably meant "adults who aren't already rich AF"...at least I hope so...

The median household income in this country is just under $60,000.  There are 126 million households in the US.  If he were to give that amount to those with the median income or less, it would still require 6.3 Trillion dollars.  He's still not rich enough.

23 minutes ago, China said:

Only.

😁

He's on track to become a trillionaire by 2026 according a recent article. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/jeff-bezos-on-track-to-become-trillionaire-by-2026-2020-5

I'm pretty sure the original claim was puff puff hyperbole by Kosher. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

59 minutes ago, China said:

The median household income in this country is just under $60,000.  There are 126 million households in the US.  If he were to give that amount to those with the median income or less, it would still require 6.3 Trillion dollars.  He's still not rich enough.

Ok, I believe you. 

35 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It's Friday. Ain't nobody got time for math.

That's WORD if I've ever known it. 

IMG_2745.gif

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It's Friday. Ain't nobody got time for math.

I did it anyway. If Bezos liquidated his entire fortune and split it up evenly, it'd be a little under 500 dollars per person.*

*This is where I should put a variety of disclaimers regarding the actual effect of selling that much stock on its price, legal restrictions, estimates, etc. but I think I've gone too far already.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I got these the other day and they probably work for what you want. 

https://www.adidas.com/us/face-covers-m-l-3-pack/H08837.html

Face_Covers_M_L_3_Pack_Black_H08837_H088

Free shipping if you join their rewards program (it's free).

Thanks man I just placed an order for these.  Watched a video on youtube and the fit looks great.  And he compared em to the glue masks that I have been wearing the whole time.

• Like 1

Texas to shut bars to stop virus

Texas will order bars and some outdoor recreation businesses to close once again in an effort to stop the spread of the coronavirus as the number of infections mount across the state.

Gov. Greg Abbott (R) announced the decision in a statement Friday morning amid rising cases in the state.

"At this time, it is clear that the rise in cases is largely driven by certain types of activities, including Texans congregating in bars,” Abbott said in a statement.

"The actions in this executive order are essential to our mission to swiftly contain this virus and protect public health. We want this to be as limited in duration as possible. However, we can only slow the spread if everyone in Texas does their part."

While other states have paused their reopening plans as the number of new cases rises, Texas will become the first state in the country to reimpose a lockdown that had previously been lifted.

Click on the link for the full article

On 6/25/2020 at 5:53 PM, China said:

Follow-up:

Woman Who Shamed Starbucks Barista for Refusing to Serve Her Without Face Mask Speaks Out as Barista's GoFundMe Grows

Gilles, 35, has three children and considers herself an anti-vaxxer. She says face masks are ineffective.

“It starts with coffee but it ends with digital certificates and forced vaccinations,” Gilles said.

Gilles also claims she purchased coffee two days earlier at the Starbucks without wearing a mask.

“I never threatened him, I just called him out on his actions,” Gilles said.

Face coverings are mandatory inside businesses in San Diego County. Public Health officials said businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone not complying with the public health order. Medical conditions that would be inhibited by face masks are one of the few exemptions to wearing face masks.

Gilles said she has received thousands of messages reacting to her Facebook posts, including threats.

Barista Gutierrez is not making any public comments but has posted a video on his Facebook page explaining what happened.

In it, he says he asked Gilles if she had a facemask to which the customer responded that she didn’t need one.

“Before I could say anything she flipped me off and said I don’t need one and she started cursing up a storm. She started calling people sheep and she left and within a few minutes came back and she asked for my name and took a photo,” said Gutierrez on the video.

Click on the link for the full article

2 hours ago, China said:

Gilles, 35, has three children and considers herself an anti-vaxxer. She says face masks are ineffective.

“It starts with coffee but it ends with digital certificates and forced vaccinations,” Gilles said.

Gilles also claims she purchased coffee two days earlier at the Starbucks without wearing a mask.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Well, opening the shop for a few hours today was a noble failure.  First time open since March 10.

After spending most of Friday reinventing our showroom for COVID, we both came in early this morning and really put a shine of it.  Had it looking great...Put on a Curtis Mayfield album and opened at 11:00.

And then, nothing.  Blazing hot by noon, no foot traffic.  We saw 8 people and grossed $225.

Shut it down at 4:00 and grabbed some pints.  Felt good just to kinda cosplay business as usual.

And, it was a charity deal too.  10% of proceeds to the local BLM/bail money chapter.  Good enough.

• Like 7