Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Re-Opening" the Economy Thread

kfrankie

26 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Might as well make it statewide instead of playing politics. Evers should do the right thing regardless of Republicans being awful.

Agreed...but remember that he was overruled by the statehouse and the state courts previously.

7 minutes ago, visionary said:

Agreed...but remember that he was overruled by the statehouse and the state courts previously.

I don't doubt that the state Republicans and the Republican Supreme Court will overturn it but get them on the record. If Wisconsin starts looking like Texas/Florida at least the people will know you tried to do the right thing.

I'm back at work this morning and **** just feels weird.  It's pretty empty but it's still fairly early.  If it stays this empty then it will be fine but walking around common areas with a mask and putting my lunch in the fridge doesn't feel right.  I'm not wearing my mask at my desk because there is no one around and I tried it for about 5 minutes and it's just not really feasible.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, wrilbo67 said:

I don't know which COVID 19 thread the right one for this article, but this is shocking.  We're on the verge of something really bad.

CNBC: 32 percent of US Households missed their July housing payments

https://www.cnbc.com./2020/07/08/32-percent-of-us-households-missed-their-july-housing-payments.html

And this is with the extended UI benefits. When those expire at the end of this month, this is only going to get significantly worse.

• Sad 1