Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Re-Opening" the Economy Thread

kfrankie

In-Car Deaths of Children May Rise Because of the Coronavirus Pandemic

On average, 39 children in the U.S. die of heatstroke each year after being left in a hot car. Consumer Reports found this year, because of coronavirus, the risk may be even higher.

The first child to die of heatstroke in a car in 2020 was a 4-year-old boy on April 25, who apparently snuck outside and into the family car unnoticed.

Even on days with mild temperatures, the heat inside a vehicle can reach dangerous levels within an hour, posing significant health risks to small children or pets left inside.

Restrictions at some stores may tempt some parents to leave their child in the car to decrease the child’s risk of exposure to COVID-19 while they shop.

Click on the link for the full article

Boozy Super Saturday revellers cause mayhem as Brits down 15m pints and some pubs forced to close after ‘major disorder’

BOOZY Super Saturday revellers caused mayhem last night as thirsty Brits downed 15m pints and some pubs were forced to shut after "major disorder".

Thousands of Brits poured into pubs and restaurants that reopened yesterday for the first time in 104 days.

NINTCHDBPICT000593585593.jpg?w=620

Downtown Prescott welcomes large crowds; rodeo goes on despite COVID-19

Hundreds of people gathered for the Fourth of July weekend in Downtown Prescott. It's one of the few towns that doesn't require face masks, Yavapai County doesn't as well, and most people were not wearing one in downtown Prescott.

"Strictly because I left it in the car," said Prescott Valley resident Doddee Inzerillo. "We're outside, we are not close to anybody, but at the same time I want to respect people who live with others who are higher risk."

It's almost personal for retired Dr. Tom Rusing.

"It has been frustrating," Dr. Rusing said. "I would say a very small percentage of the people here yesterday and today are wearing a face mask."

The Prescott resident was just in Gallup, New Mexico, one of the nation's COVID-19 hotspots. He volunteered his time, helping people who lost loved ones to the unforgiving virus.

"I think it puts things into perspective; these things can happen why can't I wear a face mask? Why can't I make the decision to do the right thing?" said Dr. Rusing.

Meanwhile, 'The World's Oldest Rodeo' is still on in Prescott. Security kicked media off of the grounds, and a spokesperson didn't respond to our questions.