Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Re-Opening" the Economy Thread

kfrankie

Over the last 3 weeks, 3 local theaters have opened.  Playing old movies.

I went to another theater yesterday and watched Jurassic Park.

Well, one of those theaters is closing again until 7/17.   

Since movie companies need to make a profit; there won't be any new movies until after the corona.

1 hour ago, China said:

I don't understand why you go to theaters, considering the risk, especially with your comorbidities.  Especially to watch movies you've already seen.    

It was very limited seating.  I doubt the entire theater had more than 20 people, when I went.  I was just bored.  I knew the risk.

Everything closing back up again has to be humbling not only for Trump, but also for all these elected GOP officials who were willing to put Trump's selfish reasons before public health.  That fact that even a good number of them are shutting things down should be somewhat of a clue to GOP voters that Trump hasn't and continues to not know what in the hell he is talking about.

18 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Hannity and Fox News under lawsuit or something?

They realize the only hope of winning revolves around that V shaped economic recovery thing, which might be far fetched, but is down right impossible with at least half of America actively staying far the **** away (like at home) from mouth breathing anti-maskers. 

• Like 4

Yeah, I haven't been outta the house since I got home from work on Saturday (except to the mailbox yesterday, and I wouldn't have done that if the door of it hadn't been open a little & rain was coming. )

Probably don't absolutely need anything, so I won't be going anywhere until I work again on Thursday. 

• Like 1

Every time I go out I run into at least one or two of those fools.  Yesterday at Sprouts the butcher, of all people, was wearing his mask on his mouth but not his nose.  Breathing his nasty covid breath straight down on the fish he was packing up.  Discouraging and driving me indoors.  If businesses would take a strong stance on safety, and I could rely on it, I'd go out more.  I certainly want to.

It's quickly becoming apparent (or confirming suspicions), bars are indeed a hot bed.  For me, they are one thing that shouldn't be open right now.  (Open for indoor seating masks off).  I have no issue open for takeout, if it's legal.  I'd rather just go to the liquor store though and get something there.

I know Jersey just rolled back indoor dining, I don't quite equate that to a bar though.  If tables are spaced apart and proper ventilation, while risk is there it should be minimized.  Bars - we all know people aren't staying 6ft apart after a few drinks!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Yikes, this is the one in Morgantown, it is about a mile from my wife's parents.  I go there a few times every year when we visit and I need to avoid religious activities.  They are always really nice and just let me work out without paying for a day pass.  

8 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Everything closing back up again has to be humbling not only for Trump, but also for all these elected GOP officials who were willing to put Trump's selfish reasons before public health.  That fact that even a good number of them are shutting things down should be somewhat of a clue to GOP voters that Trump hasn't and continues to not know what in the hell he is talking about.

PEOPLE NEEDED HAIRCUTS MIKE

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Servers have to handle dirty dishes, silverware, glassware, etc. or else you need a team to do just that. Germs.  Everywhere. It's a dirty business without a virus running around. That's why my boss isn't opening the dining room. 

Philadelphia is required (restaurants in my area just outside, some have adapted) to use 1 use items and everything is trashed afterwards.  Not environmentally friendly though, but less risk for the virus.  All condiments have to come in those little cups with lids.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Stocks notching best quarter in two decades today during the worst actual economic quarter in many many decades.

This bothers me every day. The wealth gap is exploding while the Fed prints that money. The power and money groups in this country are happy regardless of how everyone else is doing. I volunteer for a group that has been pushing for $100 billion in rental assistance. In the meantime the Fed has increased assets by $4 billion and may add another $4 trillion. Gotta keep those rich people rich. 

• Like 1