Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Releases: HOF & Dan Snyder Statements on the passing of Bobby Mitchell

TK

D13076AF-4287-4811-80BD-B17BC20ABA7C.jpeg

D6A0A633-4B21-491A-B1BE-21870C297A14.jpeg

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

April 5, 2020

STATEMENT FROM WASHINGTON REDSKINS OWNER DAN SNYDER ON THE PASSING OF HALL OF FAMER BOBBY MITCHELL:

“I was extremely saddened to hear the news about the passing of the great Bobby Mitchell. Bobby was a Hall of Fame player and executive and represented the Washington Redskins organization with integrity for over 50 years. His passion for the game of football was unmatched by anyone I have ever met. Not only was he one of the most influential individuals in franchise history, but he was also one of the greatest men I have ever known. He was a true class act and will be sorely missed. Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife Gwen and the entire Mitchell family during this time."

I pray that God give His Grace, Peace, Love, Guidance and Salvation to Bobby Mitchell's family, relatives and friends.  Bobby Mitchell gave so much to the Redskin's organization and communities.  🙏

RIP Mr. Mitchell.  

I have a neat story about Bobby to share.  About 15 years ago I was at a Sheetz in Northern Virginia.  Went inside to get a drink.  When I went to checkout line, I realized I was standing behind Bobby.  I didn't want to bother him and "out" him in front of others so I let him be.  But when he left and it was my turn at the counter, I asked the young man behind the counter if he had any idea that he had just waited on a NFL HOF'er.  He did not.

11 hours ago, c slag said:

RIP Bobby Mitchell, Didn't Bobby Mitchell and Charlie Casserly do a Redskins recap TV show on Monday during the 1990s ?

He did do a TV show on a sports channel then called "Home Team Sports" (which became "Comcast Sports", then eventually became "NBC Sports Washington"), but I don't think it was with Casserly.

I believe it was with Eric Bolling during the 80s and early 90s. Mostly during the glory years of Joe Gibbs. Though I can't remember its name.

"Redskins Report", I think.

I remember how excited my dad was when the Redskins traded for him.  He broke barriers with class.  A true professional and outstanding talent.

Thank you for the memories, Bobby Mitchell.  You brought excitement to a team in need of same.

:229:The Rook

Extraordinary human being, phenomenal football player. I wish I'd had the honor to meet him in person. I do wonder how different our longer-term trajectory might have been if he had been named GM instead of "the intern" taking over once Beathard left.

Archived