Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

14 hours ago, China said:

How many points do you get for a yellow-bellied sapsucker?

Bird-watching soars amid COVID-19 as Americans head outdoors

Conner Brown, a 25-year-old law student at Stanford University, spent the early days of the pandemic following his brother as he spotted and collected characters in the Pokemon Go mobile game.

Then, Brown noticed the birds.

“I thought, ‘Why don’t I take up birding?’ It’s like real-life Pokemon Go. It’s super addicting because you can start logging them and you get a little collection. It’s really cool,” Brown said. He paused, then added, “They should really game-ify it.”

Brown, who’s living near Annapolis, Maryland, can now identify 30 different bird species. He can recognize the calls of the brown-headed cowbird and cardinal and tell male birds from females. He bought a special set of binoculars that attaches to his iPhone camera, downloaded bird identification and bird-logging apps, and is giving birding advice on Twitter.

“The world of birds is so much more vibrant and active than I’d ever realized, and once I paid attention, it just hit me in the face,” Brown said. “It’s given me a reason to get out of the house, it’s motivated me.”

Click on the link for the full article

I don't know whether to laugh or cry reading this but I want to virtually smack this person for suggesting it be "game-ified". 

11 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Well, I gotta mother ****ing mohawk now lmfao!  My wife was so against it, basically had to trick her into messing my hair up first lol.  Showed it to my mom, she wasn't happy lol.  But I just dont give a **** :D  

That's awesome. My woman suggested a mohawk for me this morning. She was like "it's the in thing to do." I was thinking "have you seen the top of my head recently. I don't have enough hair up there to have a mohawk."

• Haha 2

We took a trip today down to our property in Orange County, VA.  I noticed on the way that Clark Bros. Guns was packed, doing great business (apparently the need for guns supersedes the need for social distancing).

Anyway, while there I got the chance to do some metal detecting.  The house on the property dates from the 1850's.  I found this:

o7I1V6Z.jpg

I looked it up and it is a campaign button for Benjamin Harrison and Levi Morton from 1888.  Originally it would've looked like this:

221_harrison_morton_pin.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Had to get a prescription refilled today. I get in line (car #2) at the CVS drive-thru. Wait a bit & then a bit longer. Finally, the woman in the car in front of me PASSES HER CELLPHONE to the ungloved hand in the CVS window. Which she promptly carries into the prescription area. I blow a gasket & wife says "What's wrong?" I tell her & pull out of the line and leave. 

People here in RVA (west) are starting to not give a ****. SMFH...

• Sad 1

So a thunderstorm just passed through and my cat was outside.  After it was over I called him in.  I noticed as he ran in he had something in his mouth.  Apparently it was a mouse.  He put it down and it immediately rand under the stove.  Great.    Both cats are now camped out by the stove waiting for it to come out.

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, China said:

So a thunderstorm just passed through and my cat was outside.  After it was over I called him in.  I noticed as he ran in he had something in his mouth.  Apparently it was a mouse.  He put it down and it immediately rand under the stove.  Great.    Both cats are now camped out by the stove waiting for it to come out.

Playtime tonight!