Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 ES GM's Mock Draft....done...

COWBOY-KILLA-

4 hours ago, tibbidoe said:

Anybody know how far back these drafts go? Anybody got links?

2016 ES GMs Mock Draft

(several references made to "last year" in this thread, so I know there's at least one more somewhere)

2017 ES GMs Mock Draft

2018 ES GMs Mock Draft

2019 ES GMs Mock Draft

2020 ES GMs Mock Draft

I'm gonna put together all of the 'ES GMs Mock Draft' results I can find just out of boredom and curiosity.

So there is a 2015. It's the first year I know of although I think there were some less organized efforts before that. @Epochalypse or @Gibbs Hog Heaven may be able to help you find the thread or have the data. 

I have all the data in excel starting in 2016. I can send to you in PM if you like. It might be easier than going through the threads...  Let me know. 

Thanks for all the hard work...  I am no expert, but as a fan I have to say I would be extremely sad if this was the Redskins actual draft.  I am not a fan of Swiss army knife types of players like our 1st pick and we didn't help the oline enough and lastly, the 2nd tight end pick should have gone to a different position.  I am hoping for Young or way more picks in the 1st.

The Bills were in trade back mode after being left with zero selections in the top 50 & holes in another round or two following the acquisition of Diggs. 

Round 2: Chinn

Round 3: Lewis

Round 4: Jefferson

Round 5: Ojemudia

Round 5: Adeniji 

Round 5: Dotson

Round 6: Strowbridge 

Round 6: Antoine Brooks

Round 7: Onwenu

Round 7: Ducros

udfa

Coray Williams

Isaiah Rodgers

Blake Brandel

Artevius Smith

Chauncey Haney 

Lavonte Taylor

Woodward

Doug Johnson

Tremayne Anchrum

Jeff Thomas

Murphy

Juriga

Sullivan

Michael Danna

Cam Gill

Lawrence Cager

Lucky Jackson

Josh Love

Levante Bellamy

Tino Ellis

Most of our udfa aren’t on any other list, we will cede those others want, but I don’t believe other ESers desire what the Bills do. 

11 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

Thanks for all the hard work...  I am no expert, but as a fan I have to say I would be extremely sad if this was the Redskins actual draft.  I am not a fan of Swiss army knife types of players like our 1st pick and we didn't help the oline enough and lastly, the 2nd tight end pick should have gone to a different position.  I am hoping for Young or way more picks in the 1st.

In fairness that part of the draft was blown out when Young was taken #1. If Burrow goes #1 like he really should then the rest of the draft unfolds differently redskins either take Young at 2 which instantly makes your draft better or you get more picks. The Redskins GM @COWBOY-KILLA- was kind of backed into a corner. But even so, there are many that think SImmons is actually the better prospect. In terms of fitting the Redskins, I can see the argument that in JDRs defense, a hybrid type player does not appear to be as useful. But good coordinators adjust over time. With Young gone, for me Simmons is the clear next pick for Washington at 5 and you still get a #2 out of it. 

I disagree with your 2nd TE comment. This team is without a serious TE. And to get a guy like Harris in the 4th is a literal steal. He is actually more complete a prospect than Kmet who is the better pass catcher. You should see a lot both of them on the field if you really had this draft. 

As for Oline, it would have been nice but there are only so many picks. it really depends on Adams health. If he can get fully healthy and stay that way then he could be a long term starter. I know that's a lot of ifs. But Charles is an underrated prospect IMO. Between the two I think one will emerge. Fair enough it';s still a position of concern but overall I think the GM did a very nice job. 

10 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

In fairness that part of the draft was blown out when Young was taken #1. If Burrow goes #1 like he really should then the rest of the draft unfolds differently redskins either take Young at 2 which instantly makes your draft better or you get more picks. The Redskins GM @COWBOY-KILLA- was kind of backed into a corner. But even so, there are many that think SImmons is actually the better prospect. In terms of fitting the Redskins, I can see the argument that in JDRs defense, a hybrid type player does not appear to be as useful. But good coordinators adjust over time. With Young gone, for me Simmons is the clear next pick for Washington at 5 and you still get a #2 out of it. 

I disagree with your 2nd TE comment. This team is without a serious TE. And to get a guy like Harris in the 4th is a literal steal. He is actually more complete a prospect than Kmet who is the better pass catcher. You should see a lot both of them on the field if you really had this draft. 

As for Oline, it would have been nice but there are only so many picks. it really depends on Adams health. If he can get fully healthy and stay that way then he could be a long term starter. I know that's a lot of ifs. But Charles is an underrated prospect IMO. Between the two I think one will emerge. Fair enough it';s still a position of concern but overall I think the GM did a very nice job. 

I would rather have Okudah in the 1st.  As for TE, I think we have good depth, but no full time starter.  That is why I wouldn't want the 2nd TE pick.

22 hours ago, volsmet said:

The Bills were in trade back mode after being left with zero selections in the top 50 & holes in another round or two following the acquisition of Diggs. 

Round 2: Chinn

Round 3: Lewis

Round 4: Jefferson

Round 5: Ojemudia

Round 5: Adeniji 

Round 5: Dotson

Round 6: Strowbridge 

Round 6: Antoine Brooks

Round 7: Onwenu

Round 7: Ducros

udfa

Coray Williams

Isaiah Rodgers

Blake Brandel

Artevius Smith

Chauncey Haney 

Lavonte Taylor

Woodward

Doug Johnson

Tremayne Anchrum

Jeff Thomas

Murphy

Juriga

Sullivan

Michael Danna

Cam Gill

Lawrence Cager

Lucky Jackson

Josh Love

Levante Bellamy

Tino Ellis

Most of our udfa aren’t on any other list, we will cede those others want, but I don’t believe other ESers desire what the Bills do. 

Rodgers, Brandel, Woodward, Sullivan, Gill, Love and Cager would all be on my UDFA list. 

Also on my list: 

Pete Guerriero, RB, Monmouth

Kendrick Rogers, WR, Texas A&M

Marquez Callaway, WR, Tennessee

Joe Reed, WR, Virginia

Aaron Fuller, WR, Washington

Dominick Wood-Anderson, TE, Tennessee

Jon Runyan, OT, Michigan

Cole Cabral, G, Arizona St

DJ Wonnum, Edge, South Carolina

Kendall Coleman, Edge, Syracuse

Auzoyah Alufohai, Nose, West Georgia

Kevin Thurmon, DT, Arkansas State

Kyahva Tezino, ILB, San Diego State

Tipa Galeai, OLB, Utah State

Michael Pinckney, OLB, Miami

Jaylinn Hawkins, S, Cal

Jordan Fuller, S, Ohio State

Khaleke Hudson, S, Michigan

Troy Pride, Jr, CB, Notre Dame

Debione Renfro, CB, Texas A&M

22 hours ago, goskins10 said:

My biggest issue with the Redskins draft, aside from two tight ends, is the lack of picks he got for 2. That was a poor trade.

His draft results were okay. But that haul was not equal to the pick. 

17 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Rodgers, Brandel, Woodward, Sullivan, Gill, Love and Cager would all be on my UDFA list. 

Also on my list: 

Pete Guerriero, RB, Monmouth

Kendrick Rogers, WR, Texas A&M

Marquez Callaway, WR, Tennessee

Joe Reed, WR, Virginia

Aaron Fuller, WR, Washington

Dominick Wood-Anderson, TE, Tennessee

Jon Runyan, OT, Michigan

Cole Cabral, G, Arizona St

DJ Wonnum, Edge, South Carolina

Kendall Coleman, Edge, Syracuse

Auzoyah Alufohai, Nose, West Georgia

Kevin Thurmon, DT, Arkansas State

Kyahva Tezino, ILB, San Diego State

Tipa Galeai, OLB, Utah State

Michael Pinckney, OLB, Miami

Jaylinn Hawkins, S, Cal

Jordan Fuller, S, Ohio State

Khaleke Hudson, S, Michigan

Troy Pride, Jr, CB, Notre Dame

Debione Renfro, CB, Texas A&M

My biggest issue with the Redskins draft, aside from two tight ends, is the lack of picks he got for 2. That was a poor trade.

His draft results were okay. But that haul was not equal to the pick. 

That's probably fair. But it's harder in a situation like this to really get the value you probably should get and what real teams would get. And he still got the next best player in the draft and got a 2nd pick for it. Once Young comes off instead of Burrow, now if you are Miami you get either Borrow or Tua as opposed to Tua or Herbert. It really changes everything. 

I know several are not happy with the 2 TEs but I kind of liked it. But that's just me. 

Ok I’ll play...

Thoughts/Philosophy:

I would probably do it A little differently If I had another go at it. But I played it ok with the way the draft fell to me. I tried to employ a BPA but not turning a total blind eye to our roster needs.

The two TE’s...

We know our offense utilizes the TE like crazy, as it should. We view Sprinkle and Hentges as not nearly good enough in terms of giving our offense the weapons necessary to operate at the position. TE’s often take a while to blossom, but we feel we got two who will have a very bright future as Skins. Tough, can stretch the seams and give you multiple looks. Athletic enough and savvy, especially HB. I think both can help in the run game too. Exactly what our young QB needs. We like having two weapons at TE instead of one. We are thinking long term here. Ron isn’t shy about playing rookies so the more playing time for them, the better. 

The Trade:

Let’s remember that it takes two to tango when it comes to trading. If there aren’t any offers that are better than what you ended up settling for, then you take what you can get. You don’t just stick at two and take the same player, imo. Could I have squeezed another maybe 4th out by waiting 8/9 hours, possibly....but the parties involved set their limits early, so I didn’t push it. And for the sake of an exercise I wasn’t gonna go thru all that. 

But getting the same player we would have taken at 2 at 5 along with the addition of what many believe is the top all around TE in an ok class, is a no brainer, imo. 

The thing Everyone is Forgetting:

Isaiah Simmons. Yeah he’s pretty good. Excited to see what JDR and RR have in store for him. If anyone can maximize his talents it’s JDR and Ron.

The Tackles:

Here we took some risks. But in the late 4th and early 5th we were ok with it relative to value. Both present 1-2 round talent. Both have their worts. Saahdiq with his behavior and Adams with his injuries. We felt the most likely scenario is that Geron or a FA plug in, will be starting LT this year.  If either of these guys comes out and balls Ron will have no issue playing one of them at LT. Saahdiq is position flexible at G LT or RT, and Adams is primarily a LT. They will both get a shot at LT and be able to grow in the system. 

The rest:

Pick in the 3rd, This for us was all about Upside. He has only played CB for two years. But his physical attributes and athletic pedigree were too high to pass on. We love this pick, and think can become special. 

The two 7ths:

Coulture is Smooth. And could be a nice compliment to what we have already. Sneaky good pick imo. LJarius Is someone who we got from the mind of @volsmet credit where it’s due. In the 7th to have him sitting there was a Gift from the Gods. We think he can play a long time in the NFL, with his skill set.

Overall We are pleased and excited how things shook out. Giving DH 3 new weapons to add to what we have and two new weapons to protect him we felt was crucial. And adding 3 new Fast pieces to an already young D will be a recipe for success. HTTR.. 

On 4/8/2020 at 1:14 PM, ILikeBilly said:

You should sign up next year as a GM and give it a shot.  This is my 2nd year doing it as Browns GM.  It doesn't always go as you expect.  Last year I only picked one player who went higher in the actual draft then where I took them and 3-4 of my other picks went undrafted.  This year I stuck more to a board, both picking players I think fill a need for the Browns as well as picking guys based off value in each round.  Hopefully it turns out better this year.  

On 4/9/2020 at 6:43 PM, drowland said:

You should sign up next year as a GM and give it a shot.  This is my 2nd year doing it as Browns GM.  It doesn't always go as you expect.  Last year I only picked one player who went higher in the actual draft then where I took them and 3-4 of my other picks went undrafted.  This year I stuck more to a board, both picking players I think fill a need for the Browns as well as picking guys based off value in each round.  Hopefully it turns out better this year.  

No way.  Outside of our team and our team needs, I don't know jack.  That is why I read this board almost daily, but post only about twice a month.  I respect your effort and knowledge, even though I don't always agree.

• 2 weeks later...

I would trade down, hopefully with Miami, swap our 1's and add an additional 1 & 2, trade Trent for a 2, draft J. Wills OT Bama, then hopefully deal down again into the 2nd rd and grap Jalen Reagor WR TCU, that would start our draft off with maybe the 2 best players at their positions, Reagor IMO may be the best WR in a great WR draft, he is flying under the radar!!! I would then draft #2 Cesar Ruiz C - Michigan, and #2 Deandre Swift, I would then go after either Antoine Winfield S- Minn. or possibly grab KJ Hamler WR - Penn ST with my last #2, 3rd rd I go for Chase Claypool WR/TE ND, and turn him into a TE, 4th I would then go with Willy Gay OLB Miss. ST.

I would do plenty of trading down in this draft if possible, lot's of talent on the back end!!! 

We can draft 1 player who may be a top player in the NFL at his position (Chase), or...take advantage of his talent and trade down and get a lot of potential stars, I think we have too many needs to not take advantage of trading down when we have a great opportunity to do so, Draft the big tackle in the 1st, and load up on #2 & 3 picks!!! 

I’m going to put this work from our guy Skin’emAlive & see if our GMs have any feedback on how they feel about the players selected in this mock. 

*At 54 the Bills gave serious consideration to Dugger, Davis & Chinn, but ultimately went with Chinn.

A grade from the Bills GM on pick 54.

*With pick 86 the Bills took Terrell Lewis, we like Moss but didn’t consider him at 86, though he’d be a perfect replacement for Gore. In the actual draft, we don’t think Lewis will be there, despite being off the board for half of the nfl.

Grade: B

*In round 4 we selected Van Jefferson, and we were considering Kareem later before we took Strowbridge. We need an Edge, we love the length and occasional get off displayed by Kareem, and we appreciate the value in round 4, he’d be a good fit in our nickel base.

Grade: B

19 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

(forgive the length)

Skin'em's Mock

Round 1

1. Cincinatti Bengals: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU

2. Washington Redskins: Chase Young, EDGE Ohio State

3. Detroit Lions: Jeff Okudah, DB Oklahoma

Detroit will try to trade down but will fail due to the Covid. So they will attempt to build the defense like Bill has in recent years- from the back end. It will fail, because Bill changes his strategy every year, and Patricia is not Bill. This isnt a knock on Okudah. But the pick should be Simmons.

4. New York Giants: Jedrick Wills, OT Alabama

New coach Joe Judge has a connection with Saban, and will pick an instant starter in Wills over the other top 4 tackles to protect their 2019 investment.

5. Miami Dolphins: Justin Herbert

Without a full medical on Tua, they choose the quarterback that they have done the most research on the past few years.

6. LA Chargers: Tua Tagovoiloa, QB Alabama

Easy selection. They rebuilt the right side of the line for a left handed QB. A spark is needed for a nonexistent fanbase.

7. Carolina Panthers: Simmons, LB Clemson

Matt Rhule has many moons to build this team and is fortunate to land a gem at 7 in Simmons.

8. Arizona Cardinals: Tristan Wirfs, OT Iowa

Cards get the most mobile tackle in the draft to pair with their mobile qb.

9. Jacksonville Jaguars: Derrick Brown, DL Auburn

Easy choice here. They can rebuild the defense within a year with the picks they have available. Brown is a top 5 player.

10. [trade] Denver Broncos (DEN-CLE - #15, #77, #95): Jerry Jeudy, WR Alabama

Denver trades up with Cleveland to get the best WR in the draft (imo). I still dont like Lock. But he will have no excuses with the talent that is available to him next year.

11. New York Jets: Ceedee Lamb, WR Oklahoma

The WR core is the worst in the league. This is an easy choice.

12. [trade] Philadelphia Eagles (PHI-LAV - #21, #53): Henry Ruggs, WR Alabama

With both Jeudy and Lamb off the board, Vegas trades down to secure a 2nd round pick. Eagles, desperate for a wr after Whiteside's huge disappointment get their DJax 2.0

13. [trade] Atlanta Falcons (ATL-SF - #16, #78): CJ Henderson, DB Florida

SF trades down to secure a 2nd. Atlanta leapfrogs Tampa to secure the 2nd best db in the class.

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Andrew Thomas, OT Georgia

Tampa is gifted the best tackle in the class without having to move. No chance Trent gets traded here.

15. [trade] Cleveland Browns: Mekhi Becton, OT Lousiville

Cleveland still lands a top tackle after dropping back a few spots. I could see them dropping back even further and grabbing Ezra Cleveland. But for the sake of my sanity, Ill project Cleveland sits at 15 and takes Becton. Bill Callahan can mold the guy. That run game should be strong next year.

16. [trade] San Francisco 49ers: Javon Kinlaw, DL South Carolina

JAX sparred the league by drafting Brown ahead of SF, otherwise we would be looking at a historic DL in SF. Kinlaw is no slouch though and will fill the hole lost by Buckner on a rookie contract.

17. Dallas Cowboys: K'Lavon Chaisson, EDGE LSU

There are so many options here for Dallas, but I think they will go with the second best edge in the draft to pair with Demarcus Lawrence.

18. Miami Dolphins: Austin Jackson, OT USC

Miami replaces Tunsil with a bpa tackle to protect Herbert.Could also be Josh Jones. 

19. Las Vegas Raiders: Jordan Love, QB Utah State

The internet crowd goes wild as a new city gets its own QB. Gruden will never run out of superlatives for him.

20. Jacksonville Jaguars: Josh Jones, OT Houston

JAX desperately needs a LT to pair with Jawaan Taylor.

21. [trade] Las Vegas (PHI-LAV): Justin Jefferson, WR LSU

The raiders use the pick obtained by the Eagles to select a guarantee in Jefferson.

22. Minnesota Vikings: Jalen Raegor, WR TCU

Minnesota uses the pick from Buffalo to replace Diggs with a burner in Raegor that can line up all over the field.

23. [trade] Detroit Lions (DET-NE - #35, #85): Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE Penn State

New England trades down to secure more picks by fleecing a former Belichick disciple. As per tradition. Detroit picks moves back up into the first round to secure an edge rusher on a woefully inept defense. (Patricias supposed calling card).

24. New Orleans Saints: Kristian Fulton, DB LSU

With Love off the board, New Orleans could opt to go with the Murray or a defensive back. I think the saints will opt to pair Lattimore with one of the best corners in the class. With the moves Atlanta and Tampa have made, New Orleans backfield will be busy.

25. Minnesota Vikings: Jeff Gladney, DB TCU

In a surprise, the Vikings select Jeff Gladney. He fits Zimmer's desired physicality and man defense perfectly.

26. Miami Dolphins: AJ Epenesa, EDGE Iowa

With the 3rd pick in the first round, Miami grabs Epenesa to help sure up the defense.

27. Seattle Seahawks: Cesar Ruiz, C Michigan

Seattle would have preferred to trade down here and grab Ruiz, but he's flying up the board. Their trade partner (detroit) has already made a move to prevent Seattle from taking their edge prospect. So Seattle makes a move to sure up the interior of their OL. Something that absolutely has to happen at some point.

28. Baltimore Ravens: Kenneth Murray, LB Oklahoma

Baltimore catches a break and gets a lb that fits the team perfectly without having to move up.

29. Tennessee Titans: Zach Baun, LB Wisconsin

Tennessee really could go in many directions here. Notably, OT. But instead opts to take a skilled pass rusher to fill the hole left by Orakpo. The diluted sample means nothing.

30. Green Bay Packers: Denzel Mims, WR Baylor

The Packers strike it big and land Denzel late in the first. Hes gooing to absolutely tear it up with Rodgers

31. San Francisco 49ers: AJ Terrellm, DB Clemson

SF opts to sure up the db spot opposite of Sherman and prepare themselves for a drop off in the event Sherman slows down.

32. Kansas City Chiefs: D'Andre Swift, RB Georgia

The champs pick up the first rb in the draft. Andy has always loved multifaceted running backs, and Swift is the best in the class. With a glaring need on the team, Swift would be a huge upgrade to the current roster.

Round_1.png.c9144b1ca4f5aeab0da38bc576fef398.png

Round 2:

Round_2.png.d46e9523a8d13bbe2d1cee974f914693.png

Round 3

Round_3.png.73b57a8ad146abf8fe3fccc09dfd421c.png

Round 4:

Round_4.png.b781022c202a8706d4f1bfd659113d87.png

As Browns GM I'm not high on Becton, even before the failed drug test.  I like the trade down to 15, but I'd still take Kinlaw at 15 and Erza Cleveland in the 2nd.  Then Ashtyn Davis at 74 and either Malik Harrison or Jordyn Brooks at 77.

Archived